Random Thoughts Thread

One thing that I find weird is that the Germans are almost given a pass on quality/reliability issues, whereas if it were Ford or GM, they would get crushed over that very same issue.

As for the customer regret list, I completely concur with the QX50 on this list.  Infiniti is barely an upgraded Nissan; at least with Lexus, there is value in buying MOST of those vehicles over a common Toyota.

As for the Luxury sales list, I cannot believe that Tesla is outselling Cadillac by over 3 to 1.  Also, BMW then MB then Lexus? Is this an image thing?  German cars cost two arms and a leg after about five years for any repair.

• Agree 2

After some mild weather this week, winter returned yesterday.  Cold and snowy all day.   Sun came today; got the Jeep out of the garage to go get some beer and wings.  

Quiet 3 day weekend at home with the dogs.   My sister left yesterday for her 6-8 week winter break in SC and GA.  Her ‘23 Nox only had 125 miles yesterday when she drove off in the snow…

132BD0DE-8533-4A2D-8D1B-A131E0786A9B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, riviera74 said:

One thing that I find weird is that the Germans are almost given a pass on quality/reliability issues, whereas if it were Ford or GM, they would get crushed over that very same issue.

As for the customer regret list, I completely concur with the QX50 on this list.  Infiniti is barely an upgraded Nissan; at least with Lexus, there is value in buying MOST of those vehicles over a common Toyota.

As for the Luxury sales list, I cannot believe that Tesla is outselling Cadillac by over 3 to 1.  Also, BMW then MB then Lexus? Is this an image thing?  German cars cost two arms and a leg after about five years for any repair.

Probably most are leases, though, so after  5 years they someone else’s used car nightmare…

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Agree 2

On 1/11/2023 at 11:02 AM, A Horse With No Name said:

Lots of debate, woodworking, hiking and the like. 

Not a pretty GTO, but a fun little video.

Nice to hear from you and what you're up to!  All healthy things.  That looks like a GTO with a bad case of flesh eating bacteria.

- - - - -

What I really came on here to say:

You go to a Brazilian steakhouse buffet, which you don't do too often to begin with, and you quickly learn your eyes are bigger than your stomach AND your stomach is not accustomed to stretching like that.

You are zonked for the rest of the evening and most of the next day.  You also have no appetite.

But, you got enough protein from the many small cubes of filet mignon, flank steak, picanha (top sirloin), parmesan crusted pork loin, and small bacon wrapped chicken breasts that could function as a storehouse of protein for about a week.

You also vow not to go back for a long time.  My limit on these places is 3 to 4 times a year.

Happy Lazy Sunday, folks of C&G.

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

You go to a Brazilian steakhouse buffet, which you don't do too often to begin with, and you quickly learn your eyes are bigger than your stomach AND your stomach is not accustomed to stretching like that.

You are zonked for the rest of the evening and most of the next day.  You also have no appetite.

But, you got enough protein from the many small cubes of filet mignon, flank steak, picanha (top sirloin), parmesan crusted pork loin, and small bacon wrapped chicken breasts that could function as a storehouse of protein for about a week.

You also vow not to go back for a long time.  My limit on these places is 3 to 4 times a year.

Yum....you making me hungry.   There are a couple locations of the Texas De Brazil chain around here, haven't been to one in years..went to one in downtown Denver when I lived there for my birthday and special events occasionally.   Have to go again...

• Agree 1

@trinacriabob @Robert Hall While there are like a half a dozen Brazilian Steakhouses that compete around me here in the Greater Seattle Area, these are the two that my family and I like best:

FOGO de CHAO offers 14 different types of meat tableside if you go for the whole experience. They do offer a variety of other yummy meats too.

Menu Detail - Fogo de Chão - US (fogodechao.com)

FOGO is really good, but the tables are tight together. We actually prefer Novilhos Brazilian Steakhouse as it is far more spacious inside as it is not in Downtown Bellevue.

Menus | Novilhos Steakhouse in Bellevue, WA

Check out the pictures of the 15 different types of meats they bring you tableside.

Menus | Novilhos Steakhouse in Bellevue, WA

Screen grab from the link above of all the yummy meats to go with the awesome sides at the buffett area.

image.png

Happy MLK Day if you get it off like I do for a Holiday!

• Like 2

Fogo is good. I’ve been to the ones in Denver, Scottsdale and San Diego.  None in Ohio, closest is Pittsburgh.  Got the day off tomorrow, been sleeping in till 8:30 the last couple days.  Sleep is good.   Been watching some 80s movies….watched Body Double earlier, watching 8 Million Ways to Die now, going to watch Body Heat later…films I haven’t seen in at least 30 years…

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

@David For me, Fogo is the gold standard.  Whether it's going to be Fogo, Texas de Brazil, or other is sort of hodgepodge.  They tend to focus on different cities, or different business suburbs of some cities. I ate next to nothing today.

@Robert Hall  "Body Double" is tough to watch.  "Body Heat" is EASY to watch ... one of the very best in its genre, too.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

@David For me, Fogo is the gold standard.  Whether it's going to be Fogo, Texas de Brazil, or other is sort of hodgepodge.  They tend to focus on different cities, or different business suburbs of some cities. I ate next to nothing today.

@Robert Hall  "Body Double" is tough to watch.  "Body Heat" is EASY to watch ... one of the very best in its genre, too.

Love the house in Body Double (LA’s Chemosphere House). Melanie Griffith was cute with the short platinum hair..

• Agree 2

The absolute best to eat steak?

Im not doubting all the places mentioned above.  And I could mention the Rib-n-Reef in Montreal...

But NONE of those places hold a candle to MY backyard with MY BBQ with ME as the chef seasoning and grilling MY steaks.  

Sorry. No pics.  MY backyard is a very exclusive place. Only a very lucky few are blessed to witness.  

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

Nice to hear from you and what you're up to!  All healthy things.  That looks like a GTO with a bad case of flesh eating bacteria.

- - - - -

What I really came on here to say:

But I got to admit...what you have described here,  this place sure seems like it would be a close 2nd to MY backyard with MY BBQ grill. 

• Oh Yeah! 1

2 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Love the house in Body Double (LA’s Chemosphere House). Melanie Griffith was cute with the short platinum hair..

I guess I didn't get far enough into the movie.  As far as cool houses go, there was this one on Cape Cod in the Julia Roberts movie from the '90s named "Sleeping with the Enemy."

Modern-Beach-House-Being-Built-for-Sleep

For some reason, I remembered NC (when the movie was more recent) instead of Cape Cod.  That's because a lot of the filming took place in beachy places in the Carolinas more so than it did on the Cape.

2 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Im not doubting all the places mentioned above.  And I could mention the Rib-n-Reef in Montreal...

But NONE of those places hold a candle to MY backyard with MY BBQ with ME as the chef seasoning and grilling MY steaks.  

Sorry. No pics.  MY backyard is a very exclusive place. Only a very lucky few are blessed to witness.  

I have not heard of Rib-n-Reef.  I just saw it on a more updated 'best in Montreal' list.

From those airline in-flight magazines (maybe on AC), I've seen ads for Moishe's Steak House and the Beaver Club in the Fairmount Queen Elizabeth.  Moishe's sold to a more corporate owner in the late 2010s and they are supposed to reopen in or around Square-Victoria.  It doesn't appear to have happened.  I looked at their menu and the saying "if you have to ask the price ..." applies.  The Beaver Club (what a name)  has also closed and will not be reopening, but it was definitely Canadian haute cuisine, from what I've read, and in one of the city's most famous hotels.

Sure, I wouldn't mind having tried any of these places, but I'm even happy eating at Pacini's!

3 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Agree that while FOGO and Novilhos are good, nothing beats my butter and garlic basted steaks, Korean Kalbi ribs or my Hamburgers.

Butter Basted & Home-Grown Garlic Steaks. 1st photo is NY steak, second photo if File steak.

17508.jpeg19242.jpeg

Hamburgers, 1 cheese stuffed and the others smothered, cheese was Havarti. Love cooking air fried French fries.

20210417_182835.jpg20210506_172152.jpg

Korean Kalbi Ribs that I marinate and cook.

20210424_085830.jpg20210425_163655.jpg20210425_163754.jpg

Course if we are talking about home cooking, then nothing beats a good buttery pineapple upside down cake.

20210620_150813.jpg

Here are some boneless ribeye's I cooked in my cast iron skillet and clarified butter & Garlic basted.

20210820_182020.jpg

I have to say that I love the Premium USDA Choice steaks from Business costco that are in the individual wrap. This way I can use just what I need.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

On 1/16/2023 at 1:36 AM, David said:

Agree that while FOGO and Novilhos are good, nothing beats my butter and garlic basted steaks, Korean Kalbi ribs or my Hamburgers.

17508.jpeg

20210506_172152.jpg

Course if we are talking about home cooking, then nothing beats a good buttery pineapple upside down cake.

20210620_150813.jpg

I'm good right here, with that first steak shown, the hamburgers you're grilling, and, of course, the pineapple upside down cake, which I NOT eaten in some 5 to 10 years.  But I love it.

You put up some bodacious photos of your cooking.  Does your wife (ever) cook?!?

Edited by trinacriabob

On 1/15/2023 at 11:57 PM, trinacriabob said:

I have not heard of Rib-n-Reef.  I just saw it on a more updated 'best in Montreal' list.

Its a Montreal landmark.   Opened up sometine in the 60s.  I dont know when the restaurant was considered as one of Montreal's finest steakhouses, but it os considered one today.   Ive been maybe once or twice as a kid with my parents. 

Ive been to Moishes several times in the 1990s.   OK...so Moishes is an older Montreal institution.   You know my city quite well. Im quite impressed. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, oldshurst442 said:

Its a Montreal landmark.   Opened up sometine in the 60s.  I dont know when the restaurant was considered as one of Montreal's finest steakhouses, but it os considered one today.   Ive been maybe once or twice as a kid with my parents. 

Ive been to Moishes several times in the 1990s.   OK...so Moishes is an older Montreal institution.   You know my city quite well. Im quite impressed. 

I've been to Montreal, and even additional parts of Quebec, such as the capital and the Laurentians, some 11 items.  Yes, I like it there a lot!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

I've been to Montreal, and even additional parts of Quebec, such as the capital and the Laurentians, some 11 items.  Yes, I like it there a lot!

Its alright.

Ehh Its Alright GIF - Ehh Its Alright Alright - Discover & Share GIFs

There are worse places to visit. And there are definetely worse places to live. 

I mean, I read the news from time to time and since the New York City conman was elected as Pres and then voted out, lots of shytty Senators from different States and their ilk have shown their colours which makes living in America is some parts...not very pleasant to be polite. 

So yeah!     Montréal!!! 

csm_Montreal_arrivee_1003b6422d.jpg

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

I'm good right here, with that first steak shown, the hamburgers you're grilling, and, of course, the pineapple upside down cake, which I NOT eaten in some 5 to 10 years.  But I love it.

You put up some bodacious photos of your cooking.  Does your wife (ever) cook?!?

Yes, you bet she cooks, her pallet is amazing for flavor, and she does everything else when it is not on the grill other than my home-made Mac n Cheese.

My wife is Korean, so you better believe that all the veggies, aka side dishes as well as so much more is her. 

I have am very sensitive to tomatoes as they just make me sick, but she learned how to make it from scratch and get it PH neutral so I can have Spaghetti. 

My Home Made Mac n Cheese:

20210220_173203.jpg20210220_173041.jpg

Wife made the BBQ Chicken Sandwiches on Brioche Buns.

Did Hamburgers again tonight.

20210217_174000.jpg20210217_174349.jpg

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, David said:

If this story is true, very cool to have a Mini electric truck.

https://electrek.co/2023/01/19/gm-mulls-compact-electric-pickup-truck-after-silverado-ev/

I think it's a great idea and also looks NOTHING like that rendering. Basically make a Maverick that's full electric and I think it would do just fine in the market. 

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

you also have to spend money to make money. 

Agreed.  Spend prudently, save when you can, and invest* logically. 

* which is almost an "alternate universe" in terms of spending 

• Agree 2

Always good to compare and contrast and while I like the Mach-e very much, I do think Chevrolet has a home run hit on their hands with the Blazer SS EV. I like the Blazer Interior much better than the all black with ultra large pad and skimpy dash screen.

Snag_2458ad12.png

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I like the pics of the Blazer interior..I like the use of color....I saw a Mach-e interior up close a while back, it looked very generic and nothing special, nothing 'Mustang'...just gray blah. 

We have our local regional auto show here starting in late Feb..I've got to go, been 3 years since I've been.  Always fun to stroll around, and I want to sit in the WL Grand Cherokees. 

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, David said:

Always good to compare and contrast and while I like the Mach-e very much, I do think Chevrolet has a home run hit on their hands with the Blazer SS EV. I like the Blazer Interior much better than the all black with ultra large pad and skimpy dash screen.

Snag_2458ad12.png

Love that Blazer interior; nice and simple but the use of the red color takes it out of all black dungeon status.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, regfootball said:

Love that Blazer interior; nice and simple but the use of the red color takes it out of all black dungeon status.

I agree about the color part.  On a sportier vehicle, mixing it up with red accents on the dash or even in the seat stitching can be nice.  I've seen this on older Camaros and in vehicles like GMC Acadias from the 2010s ... and it worked.  It becomes a matter of how much, though.

@David @Robert Hall

As vehicle manufacturers move their line-ups to EV, one can see, at a quick glance from the home pages of their websites, what the manufacturers offer and where MSRP starts.  For (almost) ALL of these EVs, the prices are a huge jump from the equivalent models powered by ICEs in the near past.  The price jumps make for some serious heartburn.

• Agree 2

This is interesting - to me, at least.

Today was the grand opening of the new Metro line from Istanbul's new airport (about 30 miles out, and practically on the Black Sea) into the city center.  They opened the new airport - Europe's busiest - in 2019 and fully relied on big coach type buses.

The old airport was connected to the city by Metro, and now the old airport has been put to some alternate use.

This new high-speed line takes less than 1/2 and hour.  It does not yet go into the skyscraper part of the city, but that's on tap and just a few planned stations away.  It takes one more Metro train to go into the historical center ... and this high-speed Metro is not intended to ever go there, which is a good thing.

This whole situation is analogous to Denver Stapleton flipping over to DIA, which is way the hell out of town.  Denverites joke that it's in Kansas.

https://www.dailysabah.com/business/transportation/erdogan-inaugurates-high-speed-metro-line-to-europes-busiest-airport

Personally, I enjoy riding on different subway systems.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I always liked using the rail system in Denver..it's pretty extensive at connecting downtown to the burbs.  They now have a line connecting the airport to downtown and the rest of the light rail system.    I'm planning on taking a week or so out to Colorado in the spring/summer to visit old friends, play tourist...but I probably won't ride the light rail much..going to probably rent an SUV. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

I always liked using the rail system in Denver..it's pretty extensive at connecting downtown to the burbs.  They now have a line connecting the airport to downtown and the rest of the light rail system.    I'm planning on taking a week or so out to Colorado in the spring/summer to visit old friends, play tourist...but I probably won't ride the light rail much..going to probably rent an SUV. 

They did a good job with RTD in Denver, from what I could tell.  There are TWO ways out of the airport ... one that goes downtown and one that goes south, pretty much to the Tech Center and passes near some huge lake or reservoir in doing so.

There is even a commuter rail interface that takes you up to some northern bedroom communities, probably from Union Station, but it's not RTD per se'.

It's all light rail in the RTD part, so that's all faster to put together.

I had planned to go but then the pandemic hit.  I had planned on getting in and out of DIA using RTD and then picking up a rental car at a suburban location down in the Tech Center.

I've probably said this before - broken record:  there was a trailer set up as an info booth on the Boulder Turnpike on approach to Boulder coming up from Denver.  This was about 25 years ago.  This earthy-crunchy chick who was presentable enough (and not the kind who could braid her armpits) was working in it.  She was smug and not that friendly - she shouldn't have had a public contact job helping tourists.  As soon as a hippiesh compatriot dude she knew walked in, and not even for touristic purposes, she lit up.  Ah, yes, she was with tribe!  You then wonder what people like this might be like in the present day after some initial slight hitting of the wall.  Did she join the establishment, move to the nicer and newer suburbs, and find a husband who would keep her in bon bons ... or is she working at a candle shop in Boulder or Capitol Hill and driving a beat up Subaru wagon?

Yes, I do tend to overanalyze things.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

This earthy-crunchy chick who was presentable enough (and not the kind who could braid her armpits) was working in it.  She was smug and not that friendly - she shouldn't have had a public contact job helping tourists.  As soon as a hippiesh compatriot dude she knew walked in, and not even for touristic purposes, she lit up.  Ah, yes, she was with tribe!  You then wonder what people like this might be like in the present day after some initial slight hitting of the wall.  Did she join the establishment, move to the nicer and newer suburbs, and find a husband who would keep her in bon bons ... or is she working at a candle shop in Boulder or Capitol Hill and driving a beat up Subaru wagon?

Yes, I do tend to overanalyze things.

This whole thought process, reminds me a lot of a Sebastian Maniscalco comedy routine. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

This whole thought process, reminds me a lot of a Sebastian Maniscalco comedy routine. 

I didn't know he was a comedian until a friend of mine told me it's the same guy who was in "Green Book," cast as one of the brothers-in-law, I believe.  I don't find him as funny as some of the others who did this Italian-American spin on awkward situations because I think he's working off of an already established comedic platform ... and it's not as convincing because he's actually from Chicago and not the NYC area, where they do talk like that.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

I didn't know he was a comedian until a friend of mine told me it's the same guy who was in "Green Book," cast as one of the brothers-in-law, I believe.  I don't find him as funny as some of the others who did this Italian-American spin on awkward situations because I think he's working off of an already established comedic platform ... and it's not as convincing because he's actually from Chicago and not the NYC area, where they do talk like that.

LOL  (Im laughinh in a good way) 

You are over analysing again!    

I find him funny.  Its not the awkard Italian-American shtick he does that I find funny. Its the physical stuff and how he accentuates certain words that I find funny. 

Ill agree that he is capitilizing on the already Italo-machismo, my dad is an Italian immigrant from the old country, doesnt speak English, American culture versus Italian culture routine. 

His shtick is not quite Guido Jersey Shore, nor is it the mafia tough guy thing...its in-between and you are right, its stale.   But his way of talking and accentuating certain words with the  physical comedy movements that I find really entertaining.    I havent seen any movies that he may have been in.  He did have a role in The Irishman and I recognized him in that role.  Surprise...suprise, he played a mafioso.  Crazy Joe Gallo.  He was quite good at it though.   He is a good looking fella with a somewhat tough swag about him. Its only fitting that he play a mafioso. 

• Agree 1

On 1/23/2023 at 3:31 PM, oldshurst442 said:

I do not get it, what is supposed to be so funny about that?

Can I get my 3 minutes and 45 seconds refunded back to my life please? 😐

WOW, Musk really does not live in the real world. The stories of his testimony prove this out. He is delusional. 

Elon Musk shows in ‘funding secured’ trial that he does not live in the real world (msn.com)

@oldshurst442 @ccap41 @Robert Hall Thought you guys would like this story.

Richard Rawlings Strikes Gold With A Trailer Full Of Classic Muscle Cars (msn.com)

Ugh, I do have to agree that we are not done with stock market losses.

Jeremy Grantham says ‘easiest leg’ of stock-market bubble burst is over. Here’s what’s next. (msn.com)

Good for a laugh as I would have never thought of what auto this ended up being.

The EPA Says This Subcompact Coupe Has the Worst Gas Mileage, and It Isn’t What You Think (msn.com)

Seems Nissan is following GM with a potential EV truck version.

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

This is so awesome. 

No exaggeration, there's a house around here that looks VERY similar to that. I'll see if googlemaps has a street view of it.

Okay, definitely not the same at all but certainly more garage than home. 

image.png.1b62e7d698694f49e6f9daf2978d271f.png

You need a car just to get from the far garage to the house!

• Haha 2

@oldshurst442 @ccap41 @Robert Hall @surreal1272

Here is a modernized sweet ride.

Supercharged Success (theblock.com)

LT4 Wet Sump Crate Engine | Chevy Performance Parts (chevrolet.com)

Nothing like taking a 1967 RS/SS Camaro and putting in a modern LT4 power plant and upgrading the rest of the auto to handle the Supercharged power.

image.png

While this is a very cool build, GM does have to clearly post a warning:

*Because of its effect on a vehicle’s emissions performance, this engine is intended exclusively for use in competition vehicles. This engine is designed and intended for use in vehicles operated exclusively for competition: in racing or organized competition on courses separate from public streets or highways. Installation or use of this engine on a vehicle operated on public streets or highways is likely to violate U.S., Canadian, and state and provincial laws and regulations related to motor vehicle emissions.

This is why I think modernizing autos to EV will be much more fun for not having to deal with the unburnt hydrocarbons / emissions from such a lovely ride.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Interesting news today:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/prosus-to-cut-30-of-corporate-staff-in-latest-tech-layoffs/ar-AA16JzL8?ocid=msedgntp&pc=W069&cvid=c409791e7237427b9c04a97e0a651014

Love this story about the Ford Galaxy 500 with 7L engine.

10 Things That Made The Ford Galaxie 500 7 Litre A Fantastic Muscle Car (msn.com)

This will be interesting if it truly comes to market, Toyota 2000GT.

The Iconic Toyota 2000GT Returns As The Ultimate Grand Touring Sports Car (msn.com)

You can check out what the original 2000GT looked like here:

Toyota Automobile Museum: Collection (2000GT) | Company Archives | Downloadable Assets | Toyota Motor Corporation Official Global Website

2000GT | Vehicle Gallery | Toyota Brand | Mobility | Toyota Motor Corporation Official Global Website

This is very interesting as the most recent testing shows Tesla is far behind other auto companies in self driving technology.

Tesla's Autopilot is falling behind as other software catches up (msn.com)

CR Rates Active Driving Assistance Systems - Consumer Reports

1. Ford/Lincoln BlueCruise/ActiveGlide Rated #1 score of 84
  2. GM SuperCruise score of 75
  3. Mercedes Driver Assistance score of 72
  4. BMW Driving Assistance Professional score of 69
  5. Toyota/Lexus Safety Sense 3.0 score of 65
  6. VW/Audi Travel Assist/Adaptive cruise assist score of 62
  7. Tesla Autopilot Score of 61
  8. Rivian Highway Assist score of 59
  9. Nissan/Infiniti ProPilot Assitant score of 58
  10. Honda/Acura Sensing/AcuraWatch score of 58
  11. Volvo/Polestar Pilot Assitant score of 53
  12. Hyundai/Kia/Genesis Highway Driving Assitant score of 47

Good read on the tech that is enabling self driving.

@oldshurst442 @Drew Dowdell @ccap41 @Robert Hall @surreal1272

So I have to say that the ideas coming out of CarScoop on Instagram is HOT. 

Their idea of a 2024 Buick Riviera with vintage hints are cool.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn2vzf8OrwY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Then we have using the Camaro platform a Cadillac Sports Coupe.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnzJWeRudny/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Some very cool ideas.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, David said:

@oldshurst442 @Drew Dowdell @ccap41 @Robert Hall @surreal1272

So I have to say that the ideas coming out of CarScoop on Instagram is HOT. 

Their idea of a 2024 Buick Riviera with vintage hints are cool.

Too bad it aint a legit Buick concept to be produced...  Its GREAT!

Its HIGH VOLTAGE!!!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

^ those concepts are pretty cool.  Unfortunately, the reality will be more soulless, generic gray or white CUVs....

Yes, but if GM wanted to get people excited and into cars over SUVs/Trucks, that 2024 Buick Riviera as an EV would be a WINNER even for me. I love it.

53 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

The Buick is quite gorgeous, but the Caddy is about as gaudy as it gets. 

Yes, I would agree that the Cadillac has its gaudy points, but then what Luxury line does not. I see it as a very strong starting point for a V edition Coupe for Cadillac.