Beautiful Cars Appreciation Thread

oldshurst442

6 hours ago, balthazar said:

Renault-Alpine-GTA-V6-GT-14659.jpg

^ Didn't I see this in Robocop 5?

I do not think so, but it does remind me of the car in the original Mad Max Movie. The pursuit interceptor that Max drove with the supercharger.

These are some of the concepts they came up with and did not use for Robocop: http://www.robertwebb.com/robocop.htm

Robocop...if it aint the Taurus we are talking about...then its the one and only 6000 SUX. 

An American Tradition getting a shytty 8.2 m.p.g.  It even comes with a Blaupunkt radio... 

Based on a 1977 Olds Cutlass Supreme.

http://robocop.wikia.com/wiki/6000_SUX

About the Robocop 5 reference though. Could it be satire? 

Edited by oldshurst442

9 hours ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

I have a Tamiya 1/24th scale model of a '60s one.   The '70s-80s versions were neat also.

If you guys dont know, I have 70 DIECAST model cars in scale 1:18.

I used to have over 100. I since have downsized the collection to 70 and only recently have I displayed them.  

I got rid of the doubles and the redundant models. It makes for a more tighter and focused collection. I decided to stop at 70. 

Problem is....I dont have the Alpines (new and old) in my collection and I would LOVE to have them. Problem is...they wouldnt fit as I dont have any other room in my display cases (I could make room of I wanted to...but it be too crowded messin' up the perfect view points I have know)) and they wouldnt fit my display themes either.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

*SIGH*

Balthy's brother...

I forgot to put the word 'brother' right after the word 'Balthy' to suggest that Im honouring his BROTHER's Firebird! 

*SIGH*

I could hardly EVER get ANYTHING right!   😥

Just edit your original post. You get lots of stuff right, lovely cars for sure and some prime examples of bad corporate badge engineering. LOL :) 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, balthazar said:

Is this 'beautiful condition' or 'beautiful styling'?
Asking for a friend.

For me, Beautiful Appreciation of the SUVs. GMC nails it far better than the mess at Chevrolet especially recently.

21 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

whoa holy crap

image_from_ios_25_3.jpg

ferrari-roma-04-1573671235.jpg

Ferrari_Roma_03-1050x5511.jpg

WTF is that UGLY Auto?

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

So you're saying : 'my appreciation is beautiful' ??

I respect all of your appreciation even when you think something is lacking. 

Knowledge is power and you are Yoda! :D 

8 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Ferrari Roma, magnificent specimen.  Why you mad.

You Crazy, that Ferrari is butt ugly, nothing special there, Corvette so beats that hands down. Nothing mad here, just shocked that anyone would find it attractive. Hell that makes the butt ugly Chevrolet Pickup trucks pretty. 😛 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, dfelt said:

For me, Beautiful Appreciation of the SUVs. GMC nails it far better than the mess at Chevrolet especially recently.

The only question is why GMC pickups are not selling as well as Chevy trucks.  SUVs too.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, dfelt said:

You Crazy, that Ferrari is butt ugly, nothing special there, Corvette so beats that hands down. Nothing mad here, just shocked that anyone would find it attractive. Hell that makes the butt ugly Chevrolet Pickup trucks pretty. 😛 

Don't muddy the thread.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, riviera74 said:

The only question is why GMC pickups are not selling as well as Chevy trucks.  SUVs too.

Pricing as they have always sold at a higher price point.

I am not suggesting that the 6 Series resembles the Riviera like I did with the other style of pics I did earlier in this thread with other cars. I just wanted to appreciate THE  personal coupe of the 1960s and then show how BMW did their version 20 years later. Although you could see how BMW took some visual styling cues from the Riviera and made it their own. And yes. I think the 6 Series is beautiful. 

black 1963 Buick Riviera | Buick riviera, Vintage cars, 1965 buick ...

1987 BMW Alpina B7 for sale in , | WAPB7TC017B730113

1963 Buick Riviera Headlight - Lowrider

1987 BMW M635 CSI | Classic Driver Market

The 1963 Buick Riviera

1987 BMW M635 CSI - Silverstone Auctions

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

I am not suggesting that the 6 Series resembles the Riviera like I did with the other style of pics I did earlier in this thread with other cars. I just wanted to appreciate THE  personal coupe of the 1960s and then show how BMW did their version 20 years later. Although you could see how BMW took some visual styling cues from the Riviera and made it their own. And yes. I think the 6 Series is beautiful. 

black 1963 Buick Riviera | Buick riviera, Vintage cars, 1965 buick ...

1987 BMW Alpina B7 for sale in , | WAPB7TC017B730113

1963 Buick Riviera Headlight - Lowrider

1987 BMW M635 CSI | Classic Driver Market

The 1963 Buick Riviera

1987 BMW M635 CSI - Silverstone Auctions

2 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Not even close.

I concur.  That 35 year old Bimmer lacks the presence of a mid-60s Riviera, arguably the best-looking one Buick has ever made.

As far as 1980s cars and 1980s styling goes, the BMW 6 Series is a good looking car.  Just look what the 1980s Riviera ended being (and that also  includes ya'lls favorite longtitude  FWD V8 one as well as the traverse V6 one) and then you get a clearer picture of why the BMW 6 Series is a good looking car.   But, thank goodness we humans dont all have the same taste and opinions. What a boring world it would be.   But...those who say the 6 Series is not beautiful:  Y'all are WRONG!   :)  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, oldshurst442 said:

As far as 1980s cars and 1980s styling goes, the BMW 6 Series is a good looking car.  Just look what the 1980s Riviera ended being (and that also  includes ya'lls favorite longtitude  FWD V8 one as well as the traverse V6 one) and then you get a clearer picture of why the BMW 6 Series is a good looking car.   But, thank goodness we humans dont all have the same taste and opinions. What a boring world it would be.   But...those who say the 6 Series is not beautiful:  Y'all are WRONG!   :)  

Always liked that specific BMW posted above. Is it the best compared to the Riviera, I think not, but then it is better than the garbage Audi and Mercedes put out then. :) 

^^^ 

Um...NO!

Id rather the Bimmer.   That Buick has two other GM divisions that share that badge engineered styling.  Not that its ugly or anything...its just there...like a plastic fork.   :D

The 1960s and early 1970s Boattail Rivieras had shark nose front ends.  BMW imitated that style early on in the 1970s and carried it through with the 6 Series in a very nice and cool 1980s kinda way.    

What makes that 1980s Riviera special?   Because its painted all black?  That Rolling Stone song was made in the 1960s ironically and by the 1980s, Metallica had their own version of "Black" in their song that was fresher and newer and...cooler...kinda like that Bimmer 6 Series

By the 1980s, Mick Jagger was Dancing in the Streets with a remake trying to stay relevant...kinda like that 80's Riviera.

Yeah...the metaphors are strong and rampant and I hope you get them! 

Edited by oldshurst442

<opinions>

For the 80s, I'd take a BMW 6 series or Mercedes SEC for a big PLC.....the Skylark was just an X-body FWD shitbox;  the Riviera was a decent coupe, but not as nice as the big RWD German coupes. 

</opinions>

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Agree 1