Hundred Dollar Limit

ocnblu

Oil for the truck. Turns out it uses a VERY specific synthetic formula. It's the first thing I discovered about it that I don't like.

Which truck is this and what specific formula is required? Never heard of a truck that requires only a specific kind, usually if synthetic, you can use any synthetic as long as it is the right 5w30 as an example.

Oil for the truck. Turns out it uses a VERY specific synthetic formula. It's the first thing I discovered about it that I don't like.

Which truck is this and what specific formula is required? Never heard of a truck that requires only a specific kind, usually if synthetic, you can use any synthetic as long as it is the right 5w30 as an example.

I believe he has the Ram Ecodiesel V6

Yup. If you don't get your oil changes done at the dealer the only lube they recommend is Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic Euro L. Not exactly cheap, and not too easy to find if you don't live in a larger area. I learned quickly-I now have a stash.

Find out the spec, and as long as you get an oil with a matching spec, you should be fine.   A quick googling says that "Mobil 1 5W-30 ESP Formula" is an acceptable substitute. 

Thanks man, but while I have faith in you being a pretty smart guy, I have less faith in dealerships dealing with warranty issues. Until Mopar revises their own requirements I'll just toe the line and be thankful that I'm still coming out ahead on fuel costs :D

Edited by El Kabong

Thanks man, but while I have faith in you being a pretty smart guy, I have less faith in dealerships dealing with warranty issues. Until Mopar revises their own requirements I'll just toe the line and be thankful that I'm still coming out ahead on fuel costs :D

Warranty cannot denie claims if you use the proper spec oil but not a name brand.

What kind does it take?

Edit: oops,sorry I responded before I refreshed the page from the day before..

But like those guys said, there don't be an issue as long as it meets the requirements. If it was an issue on that kind of thing there wouldn't be quick lube shops as people would only be able to go to dealers.

Edited by ccap41

Back on topic, My $100 Auto wish!

$100 gift card to Costco, so I can replenish all my auto cleaning supplies. They have awesome kits. :D

Really? Like what? The only thing I bought there, a car wash brush hose attachment, broke after 3 uses.

$100 gift card to Costco, so I can replenish all my auto cleaning supplies. They have awesome kits. :D

Really? Like what? The only thing I bought there, a car wash brush hose attachment, broke after 3 uses.

I realize Costco has various different product for areas depending on where you live, but they do have a nice assortment online that can be shipped anywhere.

http://www.costco.com/wash-wax.html

I do like the Mothers packages they have, one that is local here in Seattle but does not seem to be online is their $99.99 bucket package. This is a 5 gallon bucket with 3 pack of mitts, and their premium exterior car care kit. Another package they do not have listed is their Mothers Drill Rim cleaning and polishing kit which is $29.99 at Costco and I find it in the auto parts stores and Fred Meyers for $39.99. They always seem to also have a few generic packages also. There is a 3 pack of 1 gallon containers, Cleaner, Wax and Clearcoat sealer for $19.99.  So this always last me the year to keep my auto's clean.

Some of their auto options that I would pass on, the GOODYEAR Wipers. I have tried them and even though Costco brings in their top of the line version and sells them for $9.99 per individual blade, I have never had anything beat the long life and clear windshield I get with Bosch wipers.

Thought I did find these new blades online that I have not seen in the store.

http://www.costco.com/Scrubblade-Platinum-Wiper-Blade.product.100041251.html#

Anyone ever hear of Scrubblade before?

Did you take it back for return or exchange? Costco has a great return program and while the say 90 days, I have seen them take stuff back that was far older. They are the Nordstroms of Big Warehouses. Awesome customer service.

Did you take it back for return or exchange? Costco has a great return program and while the say 90 days, I have seen them take stuff back that was far older. They are the Nordstroms of Big Warehouses. Awesome customer service.

90 days is only for electronics.

Everything else has no pre-determined time limit.  

90 days is only for electronics.

Everything else has no pre-determined time limit.  

See like most people, I see the 90 day sign and ignore the rest. So that probably helps them also. :P

Cash....

A cool 100 hundred dollar bill as a present for my car tha

$100 going towards a 'buying a vehicle one of these days' fund.

I like that idea.

Ill just tweak that idea just to be different....but it will be on the same level.

100 dollar  Petro Canada / Shell/ Ultramar / Esso gift card.

I hate filling up my gas tank with my own money. A rant  about Big Oil and price fixing collusion and price gauging and stuff like that...long story...

Its always nicer when I fill up on someone else's cash....makes me happier that way.

There are actually two things I'd like for my Escape. I want a rear cargo cover and a spoiler. Yup, that sounded pretty "ricer". Go with me though.. The spoilers that a lot of the guys on the Escape forums have is just a simple one, nothing gaudy in any way. It will make the rear end look more "Edge"-like. Also, about half of CUVs have them anyway so 99.9% of people won't even notice it's there. Oh, downside? It's about $120. The cargo cover is more like $80ish, I believe.

Like so..

FD3AE52E-D977-44F0-92C2-68693BA8B3D9_zps

E6605D54-7ED2-4A28-B7E8-7E88F3AB6F3A_zps

And the cargo cover..

83AE4ACD-4E97-43F9-82A1-C7A2BA213F4C_zps

A set of the stick-on vent shades.  The tuck-in kind can scratch the glass.  Thanks in advance Mr. Claus, sir.

Mr. Claus does not go for that ass kissin' stuff BLU.

Thanking him in advance is pretty darn pretentious...doncha think?

Remember,

He sees you when you're sleeping

He knows when you're awake...

He does these lists, man.

He checks them twice.

He WILL find out who's naughty and nice...

THAT is all HE cares about...

If you've been bad or good...

So...have you been good, BLU?

dirty-harry-ice-cream-e1337019710362.jpg

Go ahead, make his day!

Be good for goodness sake!

Edited by oldshurst442

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like the Meguiar's DA Power System for waxing & polishing ($59.99): http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/g3500-da-power-system/

I'm not big on waxing, mainly due to timing issues, but this product would help motivate me to do it at least twice a year (I'm lucky to wax once a year, though I want to do both the Canyon and LaCrosse before the real cold settles into NJ soon).

With the remaining $40, I'd like two of the DA Power Packs @ $12 each, the Waxing and the Polishing packs.  The remaining $16 could go for an additional pad pack ($14) or a new bottle of Meguiar's wax.

Detailing including buffing out the headlight housings.  Had that done 3 years ago, time again for it.   Was $99 for the headlights, wash and wax, interior vacuuming etc at the local carwash then..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I realize Costco has various different product for areas depending on where you live, but they do have a nice assortment online that can be shipped anywhere.

http://www.costco.com/wash-wax.html

I do like the Mothers packages they have, one that is local here in Seattle but does not seem to be online is their $99.99 bucket package. This is a 5 gallon bucket with 3 pack of mitts, and their premium exterior car care kit. Another package they do not have listed is their Mothers Drill Rim cleaning and polishing kit which is $29.99 at Costco and I find it in the auto parts stores and Fred Meyers for $39.99. They always seem to also have a few generic packages also. There is a 3 pack of 1 gallon containers, Cleaner, Wax and Clearcoat sealer for $19.99.  So this always last me the year to keep my auto's clean.

Some of their auto options that I would pass on, the GOODYEAR Wipers. I have tried them and even though Costco brings in their top of the line version and sells them for $9.99 per individual blade, I have never had anything beat the long life and clear windshield I get with Bosch wipers.

Thought I did find these new blades online that I have not seen in the store.

http://www.costco.com/Scrubblade-Platinum-Wiper-Blade.product.100041251.html#

Anyone ever hear of Scrubblade before?

That might work for me...