oldshurst442

Telsa Model 3 pic

127 posts in this topic

oldshurst442    985

image01.jpg

OOOPS....that would be the Oldsmobile Alero concept.

CeuT-I1WEAEpzMt.jpg

Striking car the Model 3 is...reminds me a lot of that Alero concept.

Good luck Tesla!

Today is deposit day...a buddy of mine went to a California dealer to put in his deposit, can't do it in AZ for some reason.  He wants a Model 3 to replace his Volt.

ccap41    1,161

It's interesting how that nose is shaped, to also direct air under the car. You don't see that..pretty much ever. I'm curious why or what they found that that helps.

oldshurst442    985

It is?

I got fooled then. Sorry.

I was told by one of my employees that that pic was the Model 3.

I then looked at my partner's Model S and saw it was different and so I went with it..

I was looking at the fogs...they are different???!!!

MW-AS799_tesla__20120706190649_ME.jpg?uu

Upon further inspection....I will apologize for the idiocy I just did...

oldshurst442    985

PS:

THIS IS WHERE I DESERVE A DOWN VOTE....

NO EXPLANATION OR DISCUSSION NEEDED!!!!

Its an epic  phoquiking  fail is what it is....LOL!!!!

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Upvote 1

balthazar    1,875

Pics are out now via twitter.

Not much to look at: a smaller, relatively inexpensive looking, slightly more twerked Model S.

Have to see some pro shots….

dfelt    1,771

We'll so much for the web site working.

https://model3.tesla.com/

post-12-0-69109500-1459484558_thumb.jpg

If this is the true car, I am not impressed.

Reminds me of that ugly french car that I cannot think of the name of right now, but they have them in canada. Had a cool early hydrolic suspension but was butt ugly like this car.

dfelt    1,771

After watching that Video! :puke:

The car is UGLY, CHEAP Looking and just nothing more than a big disappointment.

:puke:

balthazar    1,875

I find it a bit of a letdown stylistically. From the front, all I can think of is an old Pink Pearl eraser. ;)

All those who have ragged on Cadillac that the ATS isn't 'bold enough' are going to be extremely displeased here.

pow    106

model-3-unveil-1.jpg

The GCI shots look better than the in-person photos of the prototype, which looks, well, unfinished like a prototype. There's something about the finishing of the sheetmetal and panel gaps that make it look like a work in progress. I expect the actual car to look better...

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/tesla-model-3-ev-finally-revealed/

dfelt    1,771

model-3-unveil-1.jpg

The GCI shots look better than the in-person photos of the prototype, which looks, well, unfinished like a prototype. There's something about the finishing of the sheetmetal and panel gaps that make it look like a work in progress. I expect the actual car to look better...

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/tesla-model-3-ev-finally-revealed/

It's a Pig with Lipstick and it has been punched in the face with that ugly front end.

FAILURE, there is nothing they can do to fix this ugly auto. The BOLT is far superior to this POS.

smk4565    321

The shape is a bit previous gen Mazda 3 and the headlights a bit like an Infiniti G37.  But overall it has the Tesla look after seeing the offical photos.  The Specs are awesome though.  $35,000 before tax credit, 215 mile range, 0-60 in under 6 seconds and autopilot is standard.  The upgraded model is supposed to do 0-60 in under 4 seconds, that is Corvette fast, but cheaper than a Corvette and a sedan with space and hardly any maintenance costs.

This car could be the tipping point.  Right now electric cars like the Leaf are just too costly, too slow, too low a range, etc.  They can't compete with a gas powered car.  But the day will come when a gas engine car is more expensive and slower than the electric car.  Might take 10-15 years, but it will happen.

• Upvote 1

smk4565    321

150,000 people already put down a $1,000 refundable deposit for this car.

I am curious to see the cost of the Insane mode car or whatever they will call it.  If it is like $55k with M3/C63 performance that is a pretty good deal.

• Upvote 1

ccap41    1,161

I think people in general need to get over the fact that these cars(any economy/electric) are going to all the aero points they can get so they will all become more and more similar and more and more bland as time goes to perfecting the least amount of drag all while pushing a 5 person sedan through the air. That is the whole "jelly bean" thing going on with all of the SUVs as well. There just won't be much for uniqueness on the economy car, electric, small CUV, heck most CUVs...  That's one reason all of the mid size sedans are moving to the "coupe" body style because the long, raked rear window is more aero eficient than a rear window that is more vertical and a flat trunk.

FYI, the Model S has a 0.24 drag coefficient. Tied with the Current C and S class, which are about 10 years newer. The Prius is 0.25 for comparison's sake. 

ccap41    1,161
smk4565    321

Up to 180,000 orders in the past 24 hours for the Model 3.

Total EV and plug in hybrid sales in the USA in all of 2015 were 116,000.   And 25,000 of those were from Tesla Model S.

dfelt    1,771

Yes they do seem to be this cheap and that is no different than a returned Leased Tesla S model. they drop big time in value like MB do's.

FAPTurbo    1,078

150K pre-orders and lines around the blocks. Just give up, GM.

All those who have ragged on Cadillac that the ATS isn't 'bold enough' are going to be extremely displeased here.

No, because Cadillac billed A&S as being bold and fresh, yet the ATS was staler than Subway spinach.

Tesla has no such pretensions.

• Upvote 2

Suaviloquent    713

However you feel about Tesla, they done did broke the internet.

And people want to buy their cars.

They have done the hard work by building a superior brand. You mention Tesla to the average joe and they'll instantly think it's better than GM or anyone else.

It appears to be the most credible electric car for the masses, and if anyone thinks the Bolt is any better looking, then I'll just say I like my dumplings long and smooth instead of fat and short - you'd be amazed at what gets clogged and what doesn't.

• Upvote 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.