Opel/Vauxhall News: Spying: Opel/Vauxhall Insignia Take It All Off (The Camo That Is)

It has been a long time coming. But we knew sooner or later, we would get our first glimpse at the upcoming Opel/Vauxhall Insignia (also Buick Regal and Holden Commodore) minus the camo. That day has finally arrived as the Insignia sedan and Sport Tourer have been caught uncovered. 

The front end reminds us a lot of the current Mazda6 - a flat nose with a pentagonal grille and slim headlights. Along the side, there has been some sculpting along the lower part of the doors that add some sharpness. The back end features similar styling to the Buick LaCrosse with a similarly shaped trunklid and taillights that extend into the rear fenders. The Sport Tourer features a more distinctive character line and a steeply raked rear tailgate.

Both models are the top-line OPC trim which means a number of sporty touches to the exterior, 20-inch wheels, large Brembo brakes, small spoiler, and dual exhaust tips.

The second-generation Insignia is 2.1 inches longer and rides on a wheelbase that has been stretched 3.6 inches. This should help one of the key issues of the current Insignia and its brethren, a tight back seat. The new Insignia has also been lowered by 1.1 inches to give it a sportier stance.

Motor1 reports that Opel and Vauxhall will reveal the next-generation Insignia later this month online, followed by a debut at the Geneva Motor Show in March. The Sports Tourer expected a few months later. 

Source: Motor1.com

View full article

Lovely looking auto even though I am tired of the coupe sedan look. The station wagon is awesome looking. Love that there is plenty of room. Wonder if they will have an AWD Station wagon. That would rock! :metal: 

5 hours ago, dfelt said:

Lovely looking auto even though I am tired of the coupe sedan look. The station wagon is awesome looking. Love that there is plenty of room. Wonder if they will have an AWD Station wagon. That would rock! :metal: 

I love the wagon, A bit Saabish, and very rakish.  I was down on the possibility of the wagon, but with the look that it has it may become a nice niche for Buick.  Especially cool is the way they continued the chrome line of the windows at the doors all the way to the rear of the car.  Kia tries to do something like that on the Optima, but it doesn't work there like it does here.

Yes, the ROOM!

I am liking the sedan too, but like someone else said, the sedan coupe thing is maybe starting to become cliche.....

considering that this car is a much nicer version of the Malibu I'm driving now, all I can say is I bet its NICE.  I'd love a v6 (plus turbo if possible) and can't wait for this to hit market.

1 minute ago, NINETY EIGHT REGENCY said:

Not bad looking bad.  That wagon looks larger.  The sedan does too. Interesting how they are integrating  Buick, Opel and Holden globally.  GM North America sells Euro sedans as Buicks  and Holden is selling Euro sedans as Holdens. Globalization.. 

Not entirely a bad thing...actually liking the direction of Buick myself.