Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Chevrolet News:2017 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel To Begin At $24,670

As a number of manufacturers are running away from diesel (and who can blame them), Chevrolet is running towards it with the introduction of the Cruze Diesel early next year. Now Chevrolet has announced pricing for the diesel variant.

The Cruze Diesel will begin at $24,670 for the six-speed manual and $26,270 for the nine-speed automatic. Like the previous Cruze Diesel, the new model will only be available in the LT trim which nets you LED daytime running lights, seven-inch infotainment system, and six-speaker audio system. The diesel will also get the optional Convenience package as standard - keyless entry, push-button start, power driver's seat, and heat for the front seats. 

In terms of options, a leather package for $1,125 is available for both transmissions. The automatic also gets the option of the Sun/Sound/Confidence package. The 'too many words for a name' package adds a Bose nine-speaker audio system, an 8-inch infotainment system, a color screen for the trip computer, power sunroof, blind-spot monitoring, rear parking sensors, and rear cross-traffic alert. This package adds $3,680.

It should be noted this pricing is for the sedan. The Cruze Diesel hatchback isn't due till 2018.

Source: Car and Driver, Roadshow
Pic Credit: William Maley for Cheers & Gears

View full article

Took today off work (use it or lose it by end of the yerr) so I went and had a recall done on my truck (HVAC system).  Very cold and windy day, but I ventured out to look at a sharp little LT/RS hatch in Kinetic Blue with Convenience and Sun & Sound packages.  Real nice little automobile.

Now we have the concrete possibility of diesel power, which puts me in blissful territory... I really wish they could get the Mexican plant up to speed sooner than 2018 for the hatch diesel.

Edited by ocnblu

5 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Ugh.. I HATE that they force you into such a high trim on this. I mean, likely, that's what I would want but it sucks for those who just want a cheap commuter with insane mileage. 26k is nuts, IMO. 

@Frisky Dingo do you know what the Jetta TDI started at? 

$22,460 for the base S TDI

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

One is hopeful that GM studies the market as well as the take rate on their product, as they price it.  $25K is a bit high for a compact, but then again, there are few other options, so they have an advantage.  But obviously, the premium content is to justify Diesel cost.  They throw in premium features at minimal cost to GM.  

Anyone know the take rate on Diesel Cruze?

5 hours ago, William Maley said:

Thanks! 

Makes me wonder what trim my buddy has because I doubt he got anything fancy as it still has cloth seats and I don't believe the nav screen either. I'd think a good amount of hear buyers we close to the base trim with a package or small things added. 

I hope GM does well with this but the prices seem a little steep for entry. 

5 hours ago, Wings4Life said:

$25K is a bit high for a compact

I believe it is one of 2-3 in this class that is technically a "mid-size" with how much it has grown. 

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)
8 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Thanks! 

Makes me wonder what trim my buddy has because I doubt he got anything fancy as it still has cloth seats and I don't believe the nav screen either. I'd think a good amount of hear buyers we close to the base trim with a package or small things added. 

I hope GM does well with this but the prices seem a little steep for entry. 

I believe it is one of 2-3 in this class that is technically a "mid-size" with how much it has grown. 

Cruze is far from a mid.

Unless they moved the goal posts on what defines a mid these days.  I had a Cutlass Supreme with a V8 that was considered mid once.

On 12/9/2016 at 6:41 PM, Frisky Dingo said:

26K to start w/ an auto?? Ouch.

I don't see this finding many buyers.

please refer to recent thread about smart car spending and the discussion of MSRP's going through the roof.  It's true, 26k for a CRUZE? (even if it's a diesel).........

And about the time one gets a Cruze diesel, somehow magically, diesel will shoot up to 5 bucks a gallon.....

I have to admit though I am really curious to see how these turn out...

14 hours ago, William Maley said:

that include huge EPA fines?  LOL

People who buy compact cars usually are looking for frugality. That's why the Corolla and to a lesser extent, the Civic dominate. 

I appreciate the gesture, but this is one expensive compact car. That's too bad. They have to make money, but they'll just start offering rebates for the year-end of 2017, for 2018 models. I'd wait until then. But there's plenty of car that you can get for around $25k realistically buy and still get a lot of fuel for, before you get the diesel.

I can't believe how reasonably priced the Civic hatch is versus the Cruze hatch.  Shoot, the Sport is less than $22k to start, and it has 22 cu ft of trunk space with the seat up... the LX has even more space, with a lower level sound system.

I took off work tomorrow and I have half a notion to go drive some vehicles.

2 hours ago, FordCosworth said:

Hard to take that list seriously when the Chevy Sonic and Dodge Challenger are both on it. 

I know what you mean but one is a hatch and one is a coupe and I presume they're looking at interior volume. 

I just know I was reading a "compact" comparison but I'm not sure which one and it said that it was one of 2 or 3 that had technically crept into the mid size sedan interior volume. 

Ill continue to look for it. It was only a couple months ago.