I did it...finally retired my Jeep after almost 17 years

• 3 weeks later...

Very Nice, My son also yesterday decided he is ready to upgrade from his first car purchase of his Jeep Patriot. He is going to upgrade to this beauty:

2017 Jeep GC Altitude Edition all Black

2017GC-Altitude.jpg

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've put 1000 miles on my Jeep in the first 7 weeks of ownership (it sat for a week while I was in Ohio).   Other than a road trip up north on April 1st, my driving has all been around town...averaging 18.x mpg.  Definitely filling up less frequently--about every 10 days instead of every 6 days w/ my old Jeep.  Bigger gas tank, better mileage.  

Really been enjoying it.  So many technology upgrades compared to my oldie..2 generations of evolution.    The V6 and 8spd auto is very smooth and quiet.  Great sound system, so many choices for content..CD, USB, Sirius XM, etc. 

My first big road trip will be the 2000+ mile drive to Cleveland, tentatively scheduled for Memorial Day weekend.    

• Agree 3

• 3 weeks later...

Averaged 25.5mpg over 2099 miles on my road trip.  Best tankful average was 28.3 mpg, on I-40 in flat, painfully boring Texas panhandle and Oklahoma.  

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

8 hours ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Averaged 25.5mpg over 2099 miles on my road trip.  Best tankful average was 28.3 mpg, on I-40 in flat, painfully boring Texas panhandle and Oklahoma.  

That would be a painfully boring stretch to drive.

• Agree 1

• 2 years later...

Have you ever wondered what happened to your old car after trading or selling it?  I was curious, popped my old Jeep VIN into google and found that it sold at a scrap auction in Tucson w/ 173k miles about 6 months after I traded it on my '14 at the end of March 2017.

https://appletowing.hibid.com/lot/35082301/2000-jeep-grand-cherokee/?q=&ref=catalog

It looks pretty tired there...I got almost 17 years out of it, a lot of memorable drives..kind of sad.

img.axd-13.jpeg

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Have you ever wondered what happened to your old car after trading or selling it?  I was curious, popped my old Jeep VIN into google and found that it sold at a scrap auction in Tucson w/ 173k miles about 6 months after I traded it on my '14 at the end of March 2017.

https://appletowing.hibid.com/lot/35082301/2000-jeep-grand-cherokee/?q=&ref=catalog

It looks pretty tired there...I got almost 17 years out of it, a lot of memorable drives..kind of sad.

img.axd-13.jpeg

WOW, that sun sure took a toll on the plastics.

42 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I have actually always wondered what happened to my old vehicles..

I was/am mostly curious about my 04 Mustang Gt that I sold to like a 16 or 17 year old. I assume it was wrapped around a tree or went through a crowd of people. 

Or just heavily stained seats now, ya know teens and hormones! 😆

• Haha 1

Still looks great, and functional. Wow. See so many of these in mess form, still rolling around...everywhere.

Google or Carfax old vin #'s...yes...always fascinating.

Found our 2002 Avalanche went to a few states, crossed the border to Mexico, then was declared a total loss...

4 minutes ago, caddycruiser said:

Still looks great, and functional. Wow. See so many of these in mess form, still rolling around...everywhere.

Google or Carfax old vin #'s...yes...always fascinating.

Sadly, I think that was the last it was on the road.  I traded it on my ‘14 in March 17 w/ 168k, CarFax showed it sold then got an oil change in May 17, then it showed up at the salvage auction for a towing company in Oct 17 w/ 173k....I bet the transmission failed, it was slipping when I traded it.  9 years in the hell of Arizona took its toll.  

• 11 months later...

Took my Jeep out yesterday on my first road trip in it of the year..drove almost 250 miles of freeway, small town and hilly backroad driving around E. Ohio....averaged 25.8 mpg.   Not bad!    Felt good to get out of the house for a few hours..hardest part of road tripping in pandemic times is finding a bathroom.. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3