Chevrolet News:2018 Chevrolet Traverse To Begin At $30,875

Chevrolet has revealed pricing for the upcoming 2018 Traverse. The base L will set you back $30,875 (includes destination) and rise to $52,995 for the top-line High Country, Most models will come with a 3.6L V6 producing 305 horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque, and a nine-speed automatic. Front-wheel drive will be standard on most models except the High Country which gets AWD.

Here is a breakdown of what most models will come with,

• L: Keyless entry, push-button start, automatic tri-zone climate control, 7-inch touchscreen, and connectivity for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
  • LS: Privacy glass and the option of all-weather floor mats.
  • LT: 18-inch wheels, heated side mirrors, fog lights, leather-wrapped steering wheel, eight-way power seat for the driver, and captain chairs for the second row.
  • LT Leather: Leather upholstery, blind spot monitoring with rear cross traffic alert, surround vision camera system, heated front seats, power liftgate, and 8-inch touchscreen.
  • Premier: 20-inch wheels, LED headlights, heated second-row seats, wireless phone charging, and power adjustments for the steering wheel.
  • High Country: Polished 20-inch wheels, adaptive cruise control, and power-folding third-row seat.

One model that Chevrolet has not priced is the Traverse RS. The front-wheel drive-only variant packs a turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder with 255 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque.

Source: Chevrolet
Press Release is on Page 2

2018 CHEVROLET TRAVERSE STARTS AT $30,875

• Redesigned SUV offers more standard convenience, storage and comfort features

DETROIT — Chevrolet today announced pricing for the all-new 2018 Traverse starts at $30,875. The manufacturer’s suggested retail price includes the destination charge, but excludes tax, title and additional dealer fees.

Customers can visit Chevy.com/Traverse to build, configure and price the 2018 Traverse.

Redesigned from the ground up, the new Traverse offers best-in-class maximum cargo space and more passenger space than Explorer, Pilot or Highlander. Traverse also offers seating for up to eight with an enhanced roster of standard convenience, storage and comfort features — with built-in connectivity working to put an end to the eternal question: Are we there yet?

“The all-new Chevrolet Traverse has a bold, new look that complements the full functionality our SUV customers demand. It’s designed to help make life on the road easier, and to look good while doing it,” said Steve Majoros, director of marketing, Chevrolet Cars and Crossovers. “With creature comforts, convenience features and technologies to entertain passengers, Traverse is the total package.”

The 2018 Traverse lineup offers customers even more trim choices, featuring L, LS, LT, and Premier, along with the all-new sporty RS and top-of-the line High Country trim levels. A Redline package will also be available on Premier, featuring a blacked-out appearance with red accents.

The 2018 Traverse comes loaded with standard content:

Convenience

• Enhanced Smart Slide® seat to provide easy access to the third row, even with an empty forward-facing child seat in place using the LATCH system
  • USB charging in all three rows
  • Teen Driver technology
  • Rear Seat Reminder4
  • Rear Vision Camera
  • Keyless Open and Start
  • 12-volt power outlet
  • Heated, power-adjustable outside mirrors
  • Capless fuel fill

Storage

• Best-in-class max cargo volume of 98.2 cubic feet
  • Hidden underfloor cargo storage totaling 3.2 cubic feet
  • “Truck-sized” center console
  • Twenty-three storage spots throughout for passengers in all three rows
  • Dedicated storage for mobile phones

Comfort

• Active noise cancellation
  • Automatic tri-zone climate control
  • Humidity sensor that detects moisture and diverts air to the windshield to help prevent fogging

Connectivity

• Built-in OnStar 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot1 allows customers to connect up to seven devices, and customers in the U.S. are offered access to an unlimited prepaid Wifi data plan for $20 per month2 plus tax, enabled by AT&T
  • Standard support for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Compatibility subject to terms, privacy statements and data plan rates, as well as a compatible smart phone
  • Steering wheel-mounted phone and audio controls
  • Chevrolet MyLink infotainment systems help keep passengers connected
  • Owners can manage their vehicle remotely and check diagnostics with the myChevrolet mobile app3 via their smartphone

Additional available features include:

• Rear camera mirror provides a video view, displaying a wider, less obstructed field of view compared to a traditional rearview mirror
  • Surround Vision cameras provide a bird’s eye view of the vehicle to help make reversing, parking or trailering easier
  • A new, hands-free power liftgate that projects a Chevrolet bowtie emblem on the ground is standard on Premier and High Country
  • Power-folding third-row seat is standard on High Country
  • Heated and ventilated leather-trimmed front seats standard on Premier and High Country
  • Heated second-row outboard seats are standard on Premier and High Country
  • Heated steering wheel is standard on Premier and High Country
  • Wireless device charging is standard on Premier and High Country
  • Available hidden storage behind the articulating radio screen
  • Power liftgate.

View full article

16 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Excited as I like this new CUV, but hate the Engine. Not a fan of these high HP, low torque engines.

I understand...kind of the opposite of the electric you like, which has a lot of torque from a low RPM.

• Agree 1

The current models are MPG pigs... they shaved 400ish pounds off this one and added a 9-speed.  That should help some as long as it's not hunting the gears constantly. It's also comes with cylinder deactivation, so that should help some with mpg. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I understand...kind of the opposite of the electric you like, which has a lot of torque from a low RPM.

Plus all my SUV's have low rpm torque V8's so they move, Even my 1994 suburban with a rebuilt 402 gives me most of the Torque from 1000 RPM onward in a flat line to red line. So Yes, I know we can build torquey motors with decent usable HP, not these head shaking over rated DOHC engines. :duck:

5 hours ago, daves87rs said:

I can buy my own damn weather Techs......

Yes...got to get some before winter for my Jeep....black carpeted mats aren't going to work in Ohio winters... 

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Agree 1

The more I look at that 3.6L DOHC V6, the more I miss the 3800/3900 series V6.  Flat torque curve for days and more torque than horsepower.  Too bad GM will not derive a V6 from the Vortec V8s they still have since those V6 engines may not do as well from an MPG standpoint as the European-derived 3.6L.  I have my doubts a turbo 4cyl will power the Lambdas forward as well since the Lambdas are comparatively heavy.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, riviera74 said:

The more I look at that 3.6L DOHC V6, the more I miss the 3800/3900 series V6.  Flat torque curve for days and more torque than horsepower.  Too bad GM will not derive a V6 from the Vortec V8s they still have since those V6 engines may not do as well from an MPG standpoint as the European-derived 3.6L.  I have my doubts a turbo 4cyl will power the Lambdas forward as well since the Lambdas are comparatively heavy.

Having spent way to much time and hundreds of thousands of miles with the V6 motors in question...I would up vote this by a thousand if I could...

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, riviera74 said:

GM already has a V6 based on the gen 5 Vortec V8s. The Silverado's base engine is a direct injected 4.3L V6 rated at 285 horsepower and 310 lb-ft of torque with VVT and cylinder deactivation. I had hoped for quite some time that GM would use that engine in other applications like the large crossovers, but it didn't happen.

I agree that the LFX 3.6L V6 is the wrong engine for the job, but the newer LGX 3.6L V6 is a much different animal despite similar displacement and paper specs. The engine is about 90% new and features broader variable timing and greater power delivery. It propels both the new GMC Acadia and the Colorado/Canyon to 60 mph in around 6 and a half seconds, and the Colorado ran high 14s for Car & Driver. In testing, they found the towing ability to be excellent.

• Thanks 1

I drove one!

Here's what I thought!  2018 Traverse review

https://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/topic/88857-2018-chevrolet-traverse-awd-lt-3lz/

21 hours ago, smk4565 said:

Hold on, they devoted a whole trim level to privacy glass and optional Wearher Techs?

that allows the L model to be the internet attention getter at a super low price with no markup margin.  Good luck finding more than a couple hundred of those L models nationwide............

Privacy glass is a huge deal.  Non privacy glass in SUV's and vans are baby bakers and also lets everyone within eyesight know immediately you bought the cheapest one available.  Any moron should be able to negotiate the price of LS for a couple hundred bucks more than the L.

8 hours ago, smk4565 said:

The 2.0 turbo might beat the V6 in 0-60, torque affects acceleration not horsepower.  The 4 should weigh less too.

I might agree with that just having driven the v6 (thinking fwd turbo 4 vs. AWD 6).  And i think the 2.0 in the traverse may be more drivable than the overrated and difficult turbo 4 in the CX-9.  I think the v6 will be perceived as smoother though.

5 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Interesting, did not know the change had been that profound. Good to know, thanks!

Even though the Vortec V6 is still in pickup trucks, is there any idea of where the LGX 3.6 V6 is in cars now?

4 hours ago, regfootball said:

I might agree with that just having driven the v6 (thinking fwd turbo 4 vs. AWD 6).  And i think the 2.0 in the traverse may be more drivable than the overrated and difficult turbo 4 in the CX-9.  I think the v6 will be perceived as smoother though.

As much as I like Turbo 4 cylinder motors in small cars, it seems a bit of a stretch for a midsize SUV though.

On 7/29/2017 at 0:32 AM, riviera74 said:

Even though the Vortec V6 is still in pickup trucks, is there any idea of where the LGX 3.6 V6 is in cars now?

Not sure what this question is asking. The LGX V6 is used in the CTS, ATS, CT6, XT5, Acadia, Lacrosse, 2018 Regal GS, Camaro, and 2017 Colorado/Canyon. The gen 5 truck V6 (4.3L) is only used in the Silverado/Sierra.

The LFX 3.6L is still used in the Impala and XTS, as well as these new full-size crossovers (Traverse and Enclave) but it's coded "LFY" because it has start/stop added.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2017 at 0:04 PM, smk4565 said:

The 2.0 turbo might beat the V6 in 0-60, torque affects acceleration not horsepower.  The 4 should weigh less too.

Irrelevant. People don't accelerate at full throttle. The V6 will feel less labored than the 2.0t

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...