Jump to content
Create New...

Cadillac News: The Non-V CT4 Revealed


Drew Dowdell

Recommended Posts

On 9/13/2019 at 5:07 PM, surreal1272 said:

Trolling? Show us where he is wrong anywhere in his alleged trolling statement. 

"Just accept that Mercedes is NOT a Luxury auto only company, but have changed into the Toyota/GM"

"You cannot be a luxury auto maker only when you are making JCPenny's prices products too."

On 9/13/2019 at 6:00 PM, smk4565 said:

The more sales they can take from Chevy, Toyota, Hyundai or whoever the better it is for those buyers who will avoid accidents, have lower insurance premiums, better driving records, and be safer in a crash if one does occur. 

They will not have a lower insurance premium as the car still cost 2-3 times more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/13/2019 at 11:13 PM, surreal1272 said:

The A Class isn’t a money grab? Then why make and sell a car that doesn’t make real money? 

The same reason most anybody sells a cheap car with terrible margins, to get somebody into your brand and hopefully sell them a step up later because they had a good experience with the first car. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, smk4565 said:

So Cadillac who made 1 FWD car in their 2009 lineup, and now has 4 (until XTS is officially dead) and introduced the front drive ELR, forgot about that disaster is not relying on FWD for sales?   Cadillac's 2 best sellers are front drive, XT6 will probably outsell Escalade and for sure will outsell CT4 and CT5.  

And the A-class is in a segment that Cadillac doesn't even compete in, by size class anyway, we don't know how CT4 is priced yet.  As I have said before, transverse mounted 4-cylinder engine vehicles are by far the most popular set up, it is what people are used to.  Smart move by Mercedes to offer a product to pull people into their brand with something they are familiar with. Not everyone wants a 500-600 hp V8 rear drive car, I would like that, but most of the market wants horsepower in the 200s and gas mileage in the 30s.  Mercedes is building what people want, and they haven't killed any rear drive lines and replaced it with front drive.

What people want is a three pointed star... doesn't matter if the car behind it is a fake benz. 

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:

The same reason most anybody sells a cheap car with terrible margins, to get somebody into your brand and hopefully sell them a step up later because they had a good experience with the first car. 

Please read the entire conversation first. This wasn’t just about whether it was a money grab. It was about Mercedes playing to the cheap market which is okay but he apparently thinks that is the only way Cadillac can play, because he thinks they’re cheap. 

Edited by surreal1272
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, smk4565 said:

So Cadillac who made 1 FWD car in their 2009 lineup, and now has 4 (until XTS is officially dead) and introduced the front drive ELR, forgot about that disaster is not relying on FWD for sales?   Cadillac's 2 best sellers are front drive, XT6 will probably outsell Escalade and for sure will outsell CT4 and CT5.  

And the A-class is in a segment that Cadillac doesn't even compete in, by size class anyway, we don't know how CT4 is priced yet.  As I have said before, transverse mounted 4-cylinder engine vehicles are by far the most popular set up, it is what people are used to.  Smart move by Mercedes to offer a product to pull people into their brand with something they are familiar with. Not everyone wants a 500-600 hp V8 rear drive car, I would like that, but most of the market wants horsepower in the 200s and gas mileage in the 30s.  Mercedes is building what people want, and they haven't killed any rear drive lines and replaced it with front drive.

Literally everything you just said is 100% unrelated to what I said regarding the increase in FWD Mercedes models. While we are talking about “best sellers” though, I couldn’t help but notice you failed to mention Mercedes best seller, the hideous “I’m not sure if I’m a tall car or a slouchy Wagon” GLC that happens to be, you guessed it, FRONT WHEEL DRIVE!

 

And in 2009 Benz had zero and now have four but what I have learned from you is that it’s okay for Benz to do it because that’s what the customer wants but if Cadillac does it, it’s because of failure. 

 

8 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I have read the entire conversation. 

No offense but you clearly didn’t judging by your cherry picking my one statement out of many. 

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:

"Just accept that Mercedes is NOT a Luxury auto only company, but have changed into the Toyota/GM"

"You cannot be a luxury auto maker only when you are making JCPenny's prices products too."

They will not have a lower insurance premium as the car still cost 2-3 times more. 

You pulling up alleged examples of trolling doesn’t mean that the statements were wrong. Understand the difference yet?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, surreal1272 said:

No offense but you clearly didn’t judging by your cherry picking my one statement out of many. 

Well, i'm not going to pick through everything you said. It was about 2 pages worth of comments between everybody. 

You asked a pretty simple question and I simply responded to it. 

3 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

While we are talking about “best sellers” though, I couldn’t help but notice you failed to mention Mercedes best seller, the hideous “I’m not sure if I’m a tall car or a slouchy Wagon” GLC that happens to be, you guessed it, FRONT WHEEL DRIVE!

Uhhh.. No it isn't. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Literally everything you just said is 100% unrelated to what I said regarding the increase in FWD Mercedes models. While we are talking about “best sellers” though, I couldn’t help but notice you failed to mention Mercedes best seller, the hideous “I’m not sure if I’m a tall car or a slouchy Wagon” GLC that happens to be, you guessed it, FRONT WHEEL DRIVE!

The GLC is RWD. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

You pulling up alleged examples of trolling doesn’t mean that the statements were wrong. Understand the difference yet?

What do you mean alleged examples? Scroll back to the 2nd page. Those are copy and pasted. 

They're 100% wrong and trolling though. I'm not actually harping on him for doing it. I get it, we all knock on brands and things here and there. I assume he was joking and my response was also sarcastic. No harm, no foul. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good thing we all have a hard time relating humor, sarcasm, etc. in our writing.

Pretty much no matter what, in today's global market, you cannot survive by being in only a single narrow focus area as to why Bentley is no longer single, MB has moved into the Toyota/Chevrolet market, pretty much every asian auto company now has entered the luxury segment.

Anyone that thinks any one brand is the best or Luxury of the world is delusional in not acknowledging the multiple brackets of entry to ubber luxury to optimize profits.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

You still have not paid attention regarding my trolling statement. Whether it was trolling or not wasn’t the point. There wasn’t anything about it that wasn’t actually the truth. And joke or not, you chose to harp on my clarifying of the point so...

4 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

The GLC is RWD. 

My apologies. I referenced a C&D article and it mentioned it. My mistake. It doesn’t change the fact that Benz is leaning more and more on FWD models to boost their sales so for SMK to harp on Cadillac is to also harp on Benz who barely had a FWD anything just five years ago.

B036C59A-CD24-4D5E-8EF8-E060EEF7615A.png

Edited by surreal1272
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Read my edit comment. 

And? The comment I replied to was before your edit. So what? You made your post with a very clear intent because "Oh man! Surreal made a mistake so I'm going to throw it in his face." was the only thing you were thinking. I have almost always admitted when I've made a blatant mistake like that. Maybe you should take a mental note of that next time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

Literally everything you just said is 100% unrelated to what I said regarding the increase in FWD Mercedes models. While we are talking about “best sellers” though, I couldn’t help but notice you failed to mention Mercedes best seller, the hideous “I’m not sure if I’m a tall car or a slouchy Wagon” GLC that happens to be, you guessed it, FRONT WHEEL DRIVE!

The GLC is rear wheel drive.  

Top 4 sellers in order in the USA are GLC, C-class, GLE, E-class.  All 4 are rear drive, all 4 offer a V8.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

And? The comment I replied to was before your edit. So what? You made your post with a very clear intent because "Oh man! Surreal made a mistake so I'm going to throw it in his face." was the only thing you were thinking. I have almost always admitted when I've made a blatant mistake like that. Maybe you should take a mental note of that next time.

Jesus, dude.. simmer down. You're over thinking this waaaaay too much. 

My initial response was to @dfelt anyway. 

My mental note is you go nuts over the smallest of things. 

Edited by ccap41
  • Disagree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Jesus, dude.. simmer down. You're over thinking this waaaaay too much. 

My initial response was to @dfelt anyway. 

My mental note is you go nuts over the smallest of things. 

🤔 What were we debating again. I seemed to have been side tracked in my comments. ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ccap41 said:

Ahhh it was just the intentional troll comment.

Right my own opinion on that not being a troll, just pointing out MB has changed from what was viewed by most as a Luxury only automaker to what what it really is, a global automaker selling entry level FWD Blah appliances to ubber luxury level auto's as stupid crazy prices. IMHO. MB is no different than any other auto company out there with cheap ass version auto's to mid range to luxury to ubber luxury.

End result, Mercedes-Benz is NOT a Ubber Luxury auto company any longer. After all those cheap ass plastic delivery vans are sold alongside an S-Class on the same lot.

Done with this rant, back to the Non V CT4. Has potential, be interesting to see what all it does once it is on the lots for sale.

Hope GM actually  Markets them properly to drive sales.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search