Guest Josh

Lambda's In '10

62 posts in this topic

I wonder, would the vans have a V8 option? :scratchchin:

You never know, it may appeal to the men who'll likely drive the van's.

Or even give them some towing/hauling advantage. But then again, Lambda is FWD.

UV8 is alive again?

No UV8 is DOA - But you might hear it referred to as the UV8 but it is not.

Edited by evok

No UV8 is DOA - But you might hear it referred to as the UV8 but it is not.

So what is the "not-the-UV8" that we would be getting?

DOHC? Pushrod? Old rebuilt Northstar?

Ah well that's news to me. Why and when did that happen? What's the new "UV8" ?

It has been doa for a while now. This is more semantics than anything important.

UV8 - NS v3.0

I suppose it's good for GM to carve its own niche of minivans. The new Sedona is competitive in every way, being an Odyssey clone, but the only way Kia can sell it is by charging less than everybody else. GM really has an opportunity to shine in a huge market with lots of potential... it should be interesting how they approach it.

That said, a V8 is taboo in a minivan, as it's anti-social and anti-family-values. GM should offer something unique and noteworthy, something that will create long waiting lines (Odysseys were marked up $2K+ back in '99), without resorting to brute force. As much as I want a sporty, RWD, manual, hardtop minivan, enthusiasts don't command the market.

Are these the space age looking minivans that some have seen sketches of? Will they be badge jobs of each other only to be proclaimed just another stopgap measure?

I'm really waiting for a GMC sedan.

Don't joke. At this rate.. it might actually happen.

I don't understand. I thought that GMC and Buick were supposed to compliment one another. How is adding more models to an already large range of vehicles supposed to work when you have to share the same dealership with two other brands? Chevy should only recieve the minivan. GM should devote all of it's money to it and make it class-leading and unique in it's segment. Something that the company can do with the right amount of money.

No more crappy rebadging. Either you make the GMC vehicles unique or you drop it. GMC still sells pretty well but as you can tell, their adding more non-SUV models in an attempt to keep sales from dropping dramatically due to rising gas prices. They should phase out the brand or at least produce industrial vehicles.

Leave Chevy to the trucks and SUVs... and now minivans.

Edited by Cadillacfan

2010 seems too far for my hopes. They need a class-leading product now , not 4 years from now. And if GMC must get one, GM, please, I beg you, make it look different than the Chevy!

And I think that a V8 in a minivan is a great idea. If it gets good fuel economy, has more useable interior room than similarly-sized SUVs, and doesn't look boring, I can see some people looking into one over an SUV.

That said, a V8 is taboo in a minivan, as it's anti-social and anti-family-values.

Best. Line. Ever. Dual pipes on a V8 Minivan anyone?? 8)

I think if can offer a smooth V8 with good milage in a safe minivan then it could please both mom and dad.

That said, a V8 is taboo in a minivan, as it's anti-social and anti-family-values.

That wouldn't explain all the V8 HEMI Magnum's I see carting kids to the field and elementary school near my house.

I think if GM does a good job with the V8 in an AWD or even FWD setup, it'll give Dad a reason to get it over a Sienna.

A guy at work who is a father is looking at a Magnum R/T as well, and one of the reasons is because the HEMI will let him tool around with it a bit more, and give him plenty of cargo space, but also because he is sick and tired of his kids getting confused as to which Toyota Sienna in the Hockey Rink's parking lot is theirs (no joke :blink: ) .

Think about that......25 years and GM has NEVER had a competitive minivan - nor has Ford for that matter. How can the 2 largest car makers not be in a huge segment of the market for so long?!

Think about that......25 years and GM has NEVER had a competitive minivan - nor has Ford for that matter. How can the 2 largest car makers not be in a huge segment of the market for so long?!

I would argue the Aerostar was competitive in the way the Astro/Safari was - a minivan that provides additional capabilities beyond your normal car-based van without the unneeded bulk of a G20/Express, Econonline, or Ram Wagon. And while that's a respected niche, its not where the majority of the market lies.

Good. It's not difficult to make a good van... they just need to stay up-to-date with the features, power, and size.

That just makes an average van. You need to bring new things to the table or do something to make it stand out.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.