Do you like or hate thunderstorms?

:P Seriously though, do you like em or hate em. Me personal I love them, the sights and sounds of one...very soul stirring to me, but hey im a science lover so I guess that would explain it. :lol: Living in north Texas provides me with great storms like the one we had tonight. When you hear the loud clap of thunder, hear the lightning rip through the atmosphere and feel it hit the ground and make the house shake...awesome. Also I don't think theres a more impressive sight on earth than going down the highway over a hill that looks over the city and seeing lightning spider through the sky.....well maybe Aurora Borialis :AH-HA_wink: Edited by deftonesfan867

Not a geek at all.

Thunderstorms are bitchin'. They are a real treat out West where it's dry summer/wet winter. I mean, I lived in Seattle where it just drizzled all the time. In California, when it finally decides to rain, it does so at a good clip. The other thing is that the hills studded with oak are gorgeous after the rainy season, looking like a set of a Steinbeck or Saroyan novel. Then, come summer, and it all turns brown...and the rattlesnakes kind of blend in.

They are more common on the Atlantic Seaboard. I'm sure that they can be quite an event over there.

I love thunderstorms... absolutely love them. I am totally relaxed, yet pumped with a bit of adrenaline when one is active. One reason I'd consider moving is our thunderstorms on the Island are just not nearly as cool as others in the nation. Not to mention, less frequent.

90% of the time I love them, but if I'm feeling vulnerable...

like running outside in the pouring rain, it can be a little freaky.

Last time we had a massive thunderstorm with lightning &

thunder it was pretty cool and lasted only about 7 minutes but

I was pissed because I was on route to Autozone with the

Super 88 that one afternoon when I got it running. I thought

to myself that at least if I get hit by lightning I'll be good since

the Super's got more metal than five new Camrys.

Hey, Sheryl Crow is a Hoosier, if I'm not mistaken.  Be nice now. :AH-HA_wink:

No she's not...all she is is yet another wannabe Californian with tacky annoying music and artificial blonde.

Rule #1: If you wanna pass as a Californian...don't be so whiny and LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! IM SOAKING UP THE SUN!! ...JUST DO IT

Rule #2: Pop is a no-no. Stick to a harder or edgier sound.

Rule #3: Going blonde? Yeaaaaaaaaaa SoCal is definitely brown.

No I used to like her back when she wasn't so damned affected, but when she decided to go pop and blonde and try to be Britney Spears except twice as old? Not feeling it. Gimme some "Leaving Las Vegas" any day of the week, though...

I like thunderstorms-especially the really powerful ones that roll across here every now and then. It's interesting to see the bright blue sky turn jet-black over the course of a few minutes when one is coming.

:P  Seriously though, do you like em or hate em. Me personal I love them, the sights and sounds of one...very soul stirring to me, but hey im a science lover so I guess that would explain it. :lol:  Living in north Texas provides me with great storms like the one we had tonight. When you hear the loud clap of thunder, hear the lightning rip through the atmosphere and feel it hit the ground and make the house shake...awesome. Also I don't think theres a more impressive sight on earth than going down the highway over a hill that looks over the city and seeing lightning spider through the sky.....well maybe Aurora Borialis :AH-HA_wink:

now if get them with a litte more frequency i'll (and my yard) will be happy

I couldn't live without thunderstorms......what a rush. I love 'em so much that people tell me I should be a meteorologist. My favorite thing to do is go and sit on the beach when we are at the lake and watch a thunderstorm role across the lake. When it's really humid out we even get a little bit of pink lightning, which doesn't really happen round here. It's usually just a bright white. I sometimes think it is a little dorky too, but who they hell cares....thunderstorms rock.

Suppos-ta get one tonight. :D

"I love a rainy night..."

*grins*

Eddie Rabbitt!!!!

As for me ... love Thunderstorms....

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"It's hard to tell if I exist" ... Barenaked Ladies ... 'Pinch Me'

Thunderstorms are great, I love to watch them no matter where i'm at, at work, at home, on the porch at my mom and dad's house, they are awesome to watch, normally I just turn the tv off, let the blinds up, kill the lights in the house and just watch....kinda mesmerized like a little kid watching a baby blue 1972 SS454 Chevelle slowly cruise past you in a parade.

I love it as long as I'm not trying to sleep.

Nothing is worse that having the $h! scared out of you from a close lightning strike when you're sleeping.

I appreciate a good thunderstorm, especially the ones on a warm and humid night that seem to last forever before any rain will fall. I can only appreciate them when I'm driving if I pull over. I can't stand to drive around the mental-midgets who absolutely must concentrate on the sky more than their driving.

I got my first experience of hydroplaning after a severe thunderstorm--the car was moving 55-60ish, and the car stayed straight, but the speedometer dropped!

I love thunderstorms so much, and they keep giving us "Severe Thunderstorm Warnings" but they never come to fruition.

I got my first experience of hydroplaning after a severe thunderstorm--the car was moving 55-60ish, and the car stayed straight, but the speedometer dropped!

This is why I don't like driving in rain. I got the life scared out of me last year..

Back in March I was visiting some friends in Dallas and it had been raining hard all day. Well I went to turn at this intersection and my car did a complete 180, right into the lane i was turning into. Luckily I didn't hit anyone and was able to get into a spot where oncoming traffic could pass me and I turned the car around in the Kroger parking lot and went on my way. Scary $h!.

I love thunderstorms. I wish we had them here more often.

As a matter of fact one of my oldest memories is of one- I think I was about 6 or 7 and we were having a birthday party for me in our kitchen. There was a storm out and (really, this happened) the second I blew out the candles, lightning struck the maple tree outside the kitchen window and blew it half apart. We had to have the tree removed. It freaked all of us out sooo bad....

Later on I came to appreciate them (unless they wake you up in the middle of the night), since they cooled things down. We get them here in LA every once in a while, but they seem to stay further inland, towards the desert. The last one I remember had it hailing in Compton and rain falling in absolute buckets- the only time the top on my leBaron ever leaked, even a little.

...they keep giving us "Severe Thunderstorm Warnings" but they never come to fruition.

Heh....I _hate_ when the "Severe Thunderstorm Watches or Warnings" go up ... and then nothing happens. Very frustrating for me...heh.

As for hydroplaning ... I used to be OK driving in rain, but now, no. A few years ago (March 2001), a friend of mine from my MC groups was killed when his MCSS hydroplaned and crossed the grassy median of I-40 near Little Rock AR ... he was killed on impact when a Jeep slammed into his MCSS ... at the driver's side door.