Favorite Non-GM Brand

What's your favorite non-GM brand?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite non-GM brand?

• Ford/Lincoln/Mercury
    • Mazda/Volvo/Jaguar
    • Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep
    • Nissan/Infiniti
    • Toyota/Lexus
    • Honda/Acura
    • Mitsubishi
    • Volkswagen/Audi
    • Hyundai/Kia
    • BMW/Mini
    • Mercedes
    • Other

Chrysler/Dodge used to be my favorite, but their line-up is not my taste anymore and I don't see anything coming up in the future that I might like either. And Ford.. is Ford. I'll probably never buy one.

So many choices...

For me, it's a three-way tie between FoMoCo, the BMW Group, and the Volkswagen Group.

Reasons:

BMW: I love the M-series, especially the E46 M3.

FoMoCo: Mustang, CD3 cars, GT, and Marauder

Volkswagen Group: 1) they own Lamborghini 2) they own Audi 3) they own Bentley

4) they make the R32

I'd say that's out of this league. Maserati's placed above Mercedes/BMW, isn't it?

Meh. Didn't really say it had to be reasonable. No one makes an all-around good large-midsize/fullsize car anymore except GM, but I do like the Maseratis - stylish, powerful, and when have you seen one?

Meh. Didn't really say it had to be reasonable. No one makes an all-around good large-midsize/fullsize car anymore except GM, but I do like the Maseratis - stylish, powerful, and when have you seen one?

I agree, but that's not my style of car. Maybe they'd be more to my liking, $90,000+ luxury sedans, if I were into the same style of vehicle as you. You love your big sedans, but I couldn't get into a big sedan for the life of me.

I'd say that's out of this league. Maserati's placed above Mercedes/BMW, isn't it?

Not really...

Coupe/Spyder competes with the BMW 6-sereis.

Quatrroporte competes against the BMW 7 series.

Closest competitors that MB has for the Coupe/Spyder are the SL & CL

MB CLS & S-Class compete against the Quattroporte too.

I voted Nissan-Infiniti but Maserati is awesome.

My second pick would have been a toss up between Jaguar & Lincoln. I'm very interested in the MKS

Maserati.

Oh he just wants to drive the same car as Bono.

Then again I was just telling him on AIM how someone around here just bought an Aston Martin DB9 and holy lord its sexy as hell.

I don't really know. There aren't many cars from any of those manufacturers that I would buy a car from, and the same goes for GM. They all make some good cars, but I wouldn't buy say a Camry or Accord, but that doesn't meant they aren't good cars; I just wouldn't buy them.

So, I guess I'll list what I'd consider buying from each and then the most is my favorite?

F/M/L: GT

M/V/Jag: RX-8, XK, XJ.

C/D/J: Umm... Viper

N/I: G35 Coupe, M35/45

T/L: GS430

H/A: S2k, TL

Mitsu: EVO

VW/Audi: RS4, A8

H/K: Umm, none?

BMW/Mini: Mini Cooper S, M5, M3, 6er

Mercedes: CLS, SL, SLK

You forgot Subaru.

So I guess it's BMW/Mini.

Chery

:ohyeah:

Just kidding......

BMW.....

Why?

I've owned four of them now (330i coupe 6-speed, 330i convertible 6-speed, 2 X5 4.4i Sports) and I never really "got" what was so special about BMW until I actually lived with one.

The "Ultimate Driving Machine!" They've got a special feel you just don't get in a comparable Mercedes or Audi......

Alas....Cadillac won my loyalty THIS time. When the lease is up on the CTS, however, and the business is (hopefully) more and more solid, I'm looking towards upgrading to a 6-series.....in 36 mos or so.

Even though I own two Datsuns :P I did not vote Nissan/Infiniti.

I voted Mopar but in all honestly it's a toss up between the

following five brands:

- Porsche

- BMW

- Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep

- Nissan/Infiniti

- Mercedes Benz

Guest YellowJacket894

Going with DCX here. If anyone here dares to argue why a police-spec Charger and Magnum are by far the baddest rides out there for a low-dough price tag, you'll be hearing from some...representatives soon.

A few years ago this would have been easy. Now, however, I don't think I can vote.

If BMW still built the pre-Bangle cars that would be my easy answer.

Now?

I just don't know.

BTW: I saw a Quattroporte glide by today while I was getting my lunch. And I have a Maserati in the garage so...

Eh, nevermind.

I voted for the Chrysler group.

While I don't care for what appears to be the Dodge truck front end on most of the Dodge cars I do like that they've brought back a muscle wagon and aren't afraid of showing off American muscle.

Chrsyler has some fantastic looking cars and I hope to see something like the Firepower in their lineup.

Jeeps are just a mainstay of offroading play, always have been, I expect they always will be.

Maserati.

Amen... I've been seeing so many Maseratis around the past 2 weeks... they're just beautiful.

I chose BMW... their cars drive solid, handle beautifully, and have top-notch interiors. The company always keeps their vehicles fresh-looking and up-to-date.

Mopar ... no question.

They're building cars I'd actually buy right now if I had to buy new.

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"Why can't that be me?" ... 3 Doors Down ... 'If I Could Be Like That'

but I do like the Maseratis - stylish, powerful, and when have you seen one?

Today red and sweet 8) I prefer the Astons to Maserati but they are exotics

I'd go for the Germans, VW, Audi that is, I'm partial to VW from owning a few and Audi is quite advanced in racing, this new TDI diesel is very promising

excluding the 350Z twins all Nissans look like ass gone bad and they are proving nothing on the track either that I have seen. We looked at the 350's but didnt even bother walking over to check out the various colored blobs that soured the otherwise splendid view of the VW, Porsche, Audi dealership on the other side of the road. :P

Other: DeSoto. I like their last 6 years of product and where/what they represented in the market.

Indeed. Very cool cars through & through.

I'd love to see a 1959 Pontiac vs. 1958 DeSoto dragrace someday. :P

I voted DCX. DCX is actually my top brand even regarding GM. GM is second of course. For all of my life, it has been a battle between GM and Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep. I loved Dodge's products but GM had times when it surpassed DCX for me. The GMT800 Sierra brought me back over to GM. I love them until the Ram came out with the new model. I loved are Dynasty as well. It lasted us 13 years until we finally got rid of it because we wanted something new. It was an 89 and it is still running strong today with 346,000 kms. Somebody we know bought it from us. Funny thing is, we still haven't seen any rust on the body. The only place is the undercarriage which is normal for vehicles anyways. We got a Concorde and it was great but we had it for 3 years when my dad needed an SUV for the winter.