Oh Snap! yeah new member

ohsnap

Hey guys, just joined......I've lurked for a while but I finally joined!

About me, 28 year old Washington DC girl. I work in marketing but I secretly want to be a car test driver! That'd be my dream job. I do have fun with the car I currently own, 05 Acura Tsx with navigation, but I'd love to try out tons of cars! I really want to be Warren Brown, he writes the reviews at the Washington Post and I get jealous everytime he gets a new car to drive!!!!

Anyways, maybe you guys can help me get started.....we need a new family car for our soon to be family of three (expecting in March!) and the boy and I are trying to find the perfect smaller SUV. Suggestions?

Glad to be here!

Heh oh dear...a female....you have no idea what you've wandered into here. The breeders scared off the last one pretty quick. :lol:

None the less....welcome....and......good luck. :)

The Equinox SS and Torrent GT should be out fairly soon if you felt like something with a little kick. If I remember right production on those starts in Jan of 2007.

Edited by CD/BP

Heh oh dear...a female....you have no idea what you've wandered into here. The breeders scared off the last one pretty quick.  :lol:

None the less....welcome....and......good luck.  :)

186963[/snapback]

Seriously? So am I gonna get a bunch of dirty PM's or something? lol

But thanks for the welcome anyways

lol! Thanks for the SUV tips, i did test drive the new acura rdx.....i like the turbocharge but the boy thinks it looks too "girly".

lol!  Thanks for the SUV tips, i did test drive the new acura rdx.....i like the turbocharge but the boy thinks it looks too "girly".

186971[/snapback]

Oh well that thing is pretty ugly. How about the new MDX?

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/08/26/2007-ac...iled-early-too/

Or maybe a Jeep?

Edited by CD/BP

Heh oh dear...a female....you have no idea what you've wandered into here. The breeders scared off the last one pretty quick.  :lol:

None the less....welcome....and......good luck.  :)

The Equinox SS and Torrent GT should be out fairly soon if you felt like something with a little kick. If I remember right production on those starts in Jan of 2007.

186963[/snapback]

StaceFace was just here a few days ago.

Then again....why not just buy an Aston Martin DBRS9?

Posted Image

No I meant Flybrian's friend...what was her name? Had a pic of her boobs in the avatar?

186975[/snapback]

actually there is an aston martin dealer near me, HBL in Tysons. I wish I could have something like that! I did get a ride in a Maserati Cambiocorsa coupe....for some reason it was in the weird really deep burgundy color, not my favorite but the car was sweet!!!!! The guy later got into an accident, pretty minor with a dent to the passenger car but the car was at the shop for over 3 months and pretty much got repainted down the right side and cleared all over.

In regards to my SUV hunt, timeline ideally would be for the 06 clearance/07 model intro time to try to score a deal

Hey, Ohsnap! Welcome to C&G!

Don't let them scare you, we're perfectly friendly around this forum, but like all car forums, female starved so...expect some "Gotta pic?!?!" threads for a bit. Speaking of which, got a pic? ;) j/k

As far as an SUV goes, I'd also suggest a Torrent GT when it debuts. Good looks, not too small, and likely a very good mill under the hood. Plus, can't beat the price.

Welcome again! Enjoy!

In regards to my SUV hunt, timeline ideally would be for the 06 clearance/07 model intro time to try to score a deal

Well that would eliminate any of the GM Lambdas. (Saturn Outlook, GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave) as well as the Equinox SS or Torrent GT.

Were you looking for a large, medium or small..............SUV. :lol:

Edited by CD/BP

aww thanks everyone!

CD/BP - currently our two cars are a tsx and a TC, we're keeping the TSX (my car!) and looking to add something larger than it but not overally large, basically big enough to haul a kid, stroller, etc and still have room....and maybe a puppy

I was thinking of model end time just to save $$$ but realistically time line stretches out until February to give us enough time before the baby arrives

Edited by ohsnap

CD/BP - currently our two cars are a tsx and a TC, we're keeping the TSX (my car!) and looking to add something larger than it but not overally large, basically big enough to haul a kid, stroller, etc and still have room....and maybe a puppy

I was thinking of model end time just to save $$$ but realistically time line stretches out until February to give us enough time before the baby arrives

Ah well then a lambda would probably be bigger than you need anyway if there is one kid and a dog. Have you seen the Ford Edge/Lincoln MKX? I'd say the Dodge Caliber too, but that will make some around here go off the deep end. Especially a very stubborn, "know it all," gay teenager whos screen name ryhmes with "shackhyper." :lol: Polarizing design? I think so.

The 300hp SRT version goes into production the first quarter of 2007.

Posted Image

(Man Im bored today....look how much Im posting)

Edited by CD/BP

Have you considered a slightly used Touareg, X3, or X5?

If you want new, there's the Mazda CX-7 (~$23,500) and Ford Escape Hybrid (~$25,000).

187003[/snapback]

I like the Escape hybrid but the boy likes the X3 and X5

I do like Touareg's but I've heard rumblings about maintenance issues

Welcome! I have been on and off this board for a few years now (at least!) and these guys have a collective bark that's worse than their bite! LOL You'll find something to like about everyone (with some - more things than others! LOL) but all in all these guys keep me educated, informed and in the loop. You'll enjoy it here!

welcome ohsnap. hope you have lots of fun / input on here. oh and try not to take anything to personally....

Well just dont let on to the guys here that you have boobs. Any hint of that and they will ask to see them on a daily basis.

186968[/snapback]

the worst thing to do would put a picture of boobs as your avitar....lol

Welcome ohsnap! I am a male and I'm not gay :lol:

Have you and the "boy" looked at 2006 GMC Envoys? I know the GMC dealership I got my '05 Envoy from and the local Buick-Pontiac-GMC dealership have several 2006 leftover Envoys. I'm sure GM will do something in September with incentives to clear out leftover inventories. Just my $0.02 here.

Have fun and stick around - you might really like the place!

So does that mean .002% of registered C&G members are now female? :P

Anyway, welcome ohsnap, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. I was in the DC area a few years ago, nice city...but it was right after 9/11 so there was a lot of paranoia and blockades around all the federal buildings and monuments. We waited two hours to go to the top of the Washington Monument, but it was worth it.

Welcome!

So does that mean .002% of registered C&G members are now female?  :P

Anyway, welcome ohsnap, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  I was in the DC area a few years ago, nice city...but it was right after 9/11 so there was a lot of paranoia and blockades around all the federal buildings and monuments.  We waited two hours to go to the top of the Washington Monument, but it was worth it.

Welcome!

187028[/snapback]

hey mustang, thanks! DC is a great city but it was definitely tough dealing with it after 9/11. I travel down I-395 regularly and it was difficult to see the Pentagon with all the sheeting covering the damaged areas. Things are much better now!

Security is still a huge issue here but the very cool thing about DC, albeit to a lesser extent than places like Miami and LA, is that you get to see some very cool and exotic cars from time to time.

Oh yea I didnt even think of the HHR/HHR SS or the Mazda CX-7. The regular HHR and the CX-7 you could buy now. You'd be able to buy the HHR SS sometime in the first quarter of 2007.

What's your price range? Sounds like it might be on the upper end since your other half is looking at Bimmers.

Edited by CD/BP

Welcome ohsnap! Cool, another DC-metro area member. Which side of the Potomac are you on?

MarioBro: I've never seen a camo'd car around these parts. Too bad, since no one would really notice it.

edit: my SUV recommendations: Chevy HHR, Chvy Equinox/Pontiac Torrent, Nissan Xterra, Saturn Vue V6, Ford Edge, Mazda CX-7, or a Mercury Mariner.

Edited by DetroitNut90

Welcome, Oh Snap!

Although this is a GM fansite, you seem more an import intender... the CX-7 is a goodlooking, and (reportedly) fun-to-drive SUV that doesn't look too trucky or too girly, and it should be within your price range.

Let us know what you choose.

So.. got any pictures? We have this sweet picture thread...

haha Just kidding. Welcome to C&G! Always good to see a new face, especially a female face because there obviously aren't many females on the board...

Anyway, if you're looking at a new SUV/crossover.. I'd suggest the upcoming GMC Acadia, Nissan Murano, or Infiniti FX (FX35 is cheaper, FX45 has more kick... if I had a choice, I'd have an FX45 AWD lol). Honestly, those are the only three SUV/crossovers on the market I like. Then again, I'm only 18.. :P

As has been said many times before...welcome aboard.

Don't let anything here get to you. We have a lot of diversity here, both in lifestyles and automotive choices. You'll wind up with lots of advice and information. Just be sure to base your decisions on what is best for you. Keep an open mind when looking into choices and you may find something you like that surprises you.

Take care.

Hey DetroitNut90, I'm in NoVA, right near the Pentagon actually. What about you?

And thanks everyone..........for the welcomes and the recommendations. I'm not confined to just import or domestic but we're trying to stay within the $30-45k range which gives us a wide range.

Basically, for me the essentials are safety the more airbags the better, comfort and ease of use. My other half wants as much power and kick as possible and toys galore like the DVD navigation and rear entertainment.

SUVs and such that I do like so far: Acura RDX, Nissan Murano, Infiniti FX, BMW X3/X5, Jeep Grand Cherokee and Commander, Ford Expedition, GMC Yukon

Welcome. 8)

Although I hate Acuras at least the TSX has nice styling.

Small SUV... how about an Chebby Equinox or Pontiac Torrent?

Since you're not in California, why not a diesel? You could run it on waste veggie oil or biodiesel. The Merc ML320 CDI arrives October and starts around $43K. It's less posh sibling, the Jeep Grand Cherokee CDI, should be less, but offers the same engine.

Well, the girl's got good taste!

187425[/snapback]

thanks!!!

this thread is giving me lots of ideas

Ohsnap: I'm across the Potomac in Laurel...actually, it's West Laurel, we're not really a part of the city, more of a CDP.

And since you're price range is $30-45k, a Tahoe LT or Yukon SLE would be a good bet, maybe an Explorer Eddie Bauer if you don't need full-size.

Ohsnap: I'm across the Potomac in Laurel...actually, it's West Laurel, we're not really a part of the city, more of a CDP.

And since you're price range is $30-45k, a Tahoe LT or Yukon SLE would be a good bet, maybe an Explorer Eddie Bauer if you don't need full-size.

187565[/snapback]

I like the Yukon Denali, that's a nice ride.....I want it to look nice but again, my main interests are safety and reliability.........he just wants something bad ass!!!!

And in reply to an earlier question, no I haven't seen any camo'd cars but thanks to the diplomats and rich folk, I do see some exotics from time to time

I like the Yukon Denali, that's a nice ride.....I want it to look nice but again, my main interests are safety and reliability.........he just wants something bad ass!!!!

And in reply to an earlier question, no I haven't seen any camo'd cars but thanks to the diplomats and rich folk, I do see some exotics from time to time

187811[/snapback]

Dodge Magnum Hemi with AWD

Edited by Oldsmoboi