Acura RDX

!!!TED!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate almost everything about this thing, and I used to be such an Acura fan. For a bright spot, interiors have been a strong suit lately of Acuras, and this is no different. The styling of the rear is ok, but overall it just says overgrown Civic to me. And I would never consider getting this thing because of the turbo 4.

There was one in the showroom when I was in getting some paperwork for my Solara's GAP coverage and its sticker was like $36k, the MDX in the showroom was almost the same price, so I must ask, whats the point?

194741[/snapback]

to be more expensive than the Tahoe with half the cylinders and less gas mileage. was that a new MDX or the current model? No way they sell the 07 MDX for less than 40-45k.

Edited by regfootball

There was one in the showroom when I was in getting some paperwork for my Solara's GAP coverage and its sticker was like $36k, the MDX in the showroom was almost the same price, so I must ask, whats the point?

194741[/snapback]

The new MDX starts at 40k and will probably come equipped at most dealers in the mid 40k range. The old MDX is undoubtably selling at MSRP or Invoice, since it is so old, while the new RDX is most likely selling above MSRP as most new cars do when they come out.

Altima called...wants its gauges back.

The 90's called, they want you guys to stop using their phrase. :AH-HA_wink:

Altima called...wants its gauges back.

Hood prop on a luxury car. :rotflmao:

And this seriously looks like a crossover version of an Acura EL.

194846[/snapback]

the Acura EL? oh hey, that's a luxurious sports sedan right?

I'm surprised they didn't introduce the RDX in the sands of Alberta where all the oil is, since its a prime consumer of it.

Edited by regfootball

did they stash a full 5 gallon tank of gas in the trunk area for when this fuel sucker runs through its main tank in about 100 miles?

to be more expensive than the Tahoe with half the cylinders and less gas mileage.

I'm surprised they didn't introduce the RDX in the sands of Alberta where all the oil is, since its a prime consumer of it.

No mag has even done a full 10k mile or more test, how can you comment on the mileage yet? Based on one test drive where they beat on it? Give me that Tahoe and I will attempt to drive it hard (without flipping it or getting into a wreck at least) and I'll bet it is capable of mileage in the single digits, while at the same time being much slower (2 seconds slower 0-60) and incapable of turns.

No mag has even done a full 10k mile or more test, how can you comment on the mileage yet? Based on one test drive where they beat on it? Give me that Tahoe and I will attempt to drive it hard (without flipping it or getting into a wreck at least) and I'll bet it is capable of mileage in the single digits, while at the same time being much slower (2 seconds slower 0-60) and incapable of turns.

194958[/snapback]

fine, and I'll do the same in an RDX while attempting to tow a 5,000 lbs boat + gear + 3 kids + dog......

in West Virginia....

Give me that Tahoe and I will attempt to drive it hard (without flipping it or getting into a wreck at least)

194958[/snapback]

Stabilitrack

StabiliTrak Electronic Stability Control System

The StabiliTrak Electronic Stability Control System improves vehicle stability, particularly during emergency maneuvers. Here's how it works:

* The StabiliTrak control module compares your steering input with the truck's actual response and then, if necessary, makes small, individual brake applications to enhance control and keep you on track

* StabiliTrak automatically intervenes when it senses loss of lateral traction (sideslip), understeer (plowing) or oversteer (fishtailing)

* In these situations, the system applies brake pressure and, if necessary, adjusts engine torque to help the driver get the vehicle back on track

* Also included is Proactive Roll Avoidance, which reduces the tendency to roll over in an emergency situation

fine, and I'll do the same in an RDX while attempting to tow a 5,000 lbs boat + gear + 3 kids + dog......

in West Virginia....

194960[/snapback]

Towing isn't an issue, as that isn't what people are buying the RDX for. How many people do you see towing a boat with their X3, CX-7, or RX for that matter? But that is beside the point.

Towing isn't an issue, as that isn't what people are buying the RDX for. How many people do you see towing a boat with their X3, CX-7, or RX for that matter? But that is beside the point.

195031[/snapback]

How many people will trade in their Tahoes for RDXes so they can get better gas mileage?

How many RDX owners, formerly Tahoe owners will fail at their goal?

194958[/snapback]

Don't forget, the Tahoe has AFM and will have a hybrid out soon as well.

194958[/snapback]

the tahoe prob gets better mpg with ethanol than the RDX gets with premium. to top it off, i know which one I would rather be in in case of a head on between the two.

195031[/snapback]

guess its not an SUV then. its a CCCV.....crossover coffee cruising vessel. the rdx can tow one recently graduated and highly coveted sexy looking young professional female and her starbucks latte in easy fashion.

in the meantime, the tahoe can tow the RDX on a trailer and still get great mpg.

Edited by regfootball