Ford Edge

GMC Acadia

Honda CR-V

Hyundai Santa Fe

Jeep Wrangler

Mazda CX-7

Saturn Vue Green Line

Toyota FJ Cruiser

The winners will be announced in December.

Read "North American Car & Truck Of The Year Finalists Revealed" @ Winding Road

id love the aura to win... but i can just about promise the LS 460 or the G35 will take it

id say Tahoe has a good chance... it should win

as a side note... my younger brother (hes 13) who usually laughs at me for commenting on the styling of cars saw an FJ Cruiser the other day... he gasped in horror and exclaimed "what the hell is that???" i look and see it and say "well... Toyota calls it the FJ Cruiser... i call it an atrocity" so now he refers to it as the Toyota Atrocity... similar thing happened with the Ridgeline only he named it the Honda Travesty all by himself

Car

Mine: none... none are standouts. Maybe the Aura if you're looking for a great "this is the new me" car or the LS for the wow factor.

Reality: LS460 or Camry. Toyota has this year all tied up.

Truck

Mine: Tahoe/Suburban or Silverado

Reality: RDX, Q7 or Edge

as far as the cars..... hope for the aura, won't be surprised from something else.

trucks/suvs... kinda surprised the 'sclade is on there.

As I stated elsewhere, I was VERY disappointed in the Aura when I drove it. I wanted it to be a home run, but I felt it was barely a single. It should have been so much better.

I think the S-Class will win car of the year. It's beaten Bentlys and Rolls-Royces in more than one test, and every review has been very praiseworthy.

For the truck, I think the Silverado will probably take home the trophy. The Tahoe has a chance as well. I'm surprised to see the Acadia on there. Apparantly it's been tested and it's better than the Outlook, since it's not there?

I think the S-Class will win car of the year. It's beaten Bentlys and Rolls-Royces in more than one test, and every review has been very praiseworthy.

Sure, but the S-Class has traditionally beat those vehicles in testing. I think the LS has a better chance. The NACOTY board seems to like hybrids...Civic last year, Prius before that, and the LS is offered as a hybrid (but so is the Camry).

Mine: Aura and Tahoe - hands down

Reality: Car: Toyota Camry

Truck: Toyota FJ...isn't it just a rebodied 4runner...is that a 'new car'?

Sigh...Toyota has it's issues, but they have the wind to thier backs as far as the press is concerned. I find nothing of interest or value in any of the Toyota line-up. Nothing grabs me with any wow gotta have it factor. I pass a Toyota dealer and it might as well be an appliance shop...yawn. :huh:

Sure, but the S-Class has traditionally beat those vehicles in testing. I think the LS has a better chance. The NACOTY board seems to like hybrids...Civic last year, Prius before that, and the LS is offered as a hybrid (but so is the Camry).

195835[/snapback]

I don't recall mags even placing the old S-Class against Bentlys and Rolls-Royces, but apparantly they did?

The LS 460 is listed. Wouldn't they probably have something like LS 460/LS 600H if they were including the hybrird?

The LS 460 is listed. Wouldn't they probably have something like LS 460/LS 600H if they were including the hybrird?

195900[/snapback]

I believe if a variant of a model is not available for sale at the time of judging, it isn't taken into consideration.

In other words, the LS would be evaluted and judged as if the hybrid version didn't exist.

altima or caliber might surprise but toyota has already deposited the money so the it will be the Camlee.

there are 5 or 6 trucks that could win. I do not think the Tahoe will get it but maybe the new Silverado. I would go Edge or Acadia, but you make a case for the new X5 and MDX.

The Q7 is a worthless pile of garbage.

Edited by regfootball

id love the aura to win... but i can just about promise the LS 460 or the G35 will take it

id say Tahoe has a good chance... it should win

as a side note... my younger brother (hes 13) who usually laughs at me for commenting on the styling of cars saw an FJ Cruiser the other day... he gasped in horror and exclaimed "what the hell is that???" i look and see it and say "well... Toyota calls it the FJ Cruiser... i call it an atrocity" so now he refers to it as the Toyota Atrocity... similar thing happened with the Ridgeline only he named it the Honda Travesty all by himself

195477[/snapback]

funny thing about the FJ... my friend likes them and said they have all the wiring in the roof so you can go in water up to the roof so in case the wires are worn you wont get electricuted. i said why not get a jeep and you can go over the roof and you dont have to worry because their wires wont wear....

Bascially, under the skin, it's still a Solstice (which was nominated last year). It's not significantly different from the Solstice for the purposes of this judging.

196760[/snapback]

Huh? I don't think that's why it's not on the list. It just didn't happen to make the cut, I think.

If that were the case, then the Aura shouldn't be there either, because it's really just a G6 with different styling an interior. The Sky is just as different from the Solstice as the Aura is from the G6, IMO.

altima or caliber might surprise but toyota has already deposited the money so the it will be the Camlee.

196271[/snapback]

Just so you know, "Camlee" makes no sense with the Asian stereotype. L's are usually replaced with R's. For example, instead of Cadillac, they would say Cadirac. Edited by corvette_dude729

OK, how did this................aura, make any car of the year list ? Did the 01 Aurora make any car of the year list ? The Aurora was 3 times the car. How would any car on the Epilson chassis make any car of the year list ?

Maybe GM is onto something with this saturin thing. It just goes to show, as with Honda and Toyota, that people will go gaga :pbjtime: over anything presumed to be new or special.................big question is.............is it ? really ?