Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

California suing GM, Ford, Toyota, three others

mustang84

How about all the world's automakers simply stop selling and supporting cars within the state of California? No more dealerships, no maintenance facilities, no spare parts shipments, nothing. You want a car-free state, have it via an embargo.

Here's a solution to beach erosion - stop building ugly homes next to the beach.

So it's the automaker's fault for all the pollution in Cali? Try getting more efficient public transportation and redesign some of your freeways so there is less gridlock(hence more pollution) before going to sue the six top automakers of the country. Next they'll sue the boating industry for polluting California's waters because they use THEIR waters for transporting. I wonder if any of the car manufacture HQs in Cali feel a little weary of being based there all of a sudden..

The problem is not Detroit, it's 60+ years of development like this with little regard for public transportation and smart growth. If California wants to grow like this, then it needs to take responsibility for it rather than try to lay the blame on automakers who are just in the business of selling cars and trucks. Nobody is forcing Californians to buy full-size trucks and SUVs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The problem is not Detroit, it's 60+ years of development like this with little regard for public transportation and smart growth.  If California wants to grow like this, then it needs to take responsibility for it rather than try to lay the blame on automakers who are just in the business of selling cars and trucks.  Nobody is forcing Californians to buy full-size trucks and SUVs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

195925[/snapback]

Bingo.

I wonder if anyone in the U.S. District Court in Oakland ever bought a high-emissions vehicle... if they did, countersue.

This is just the STUPIDEST thing I heard all day. And I have a blond in my 5th period class--she said some really stupid things today.

my first thought was, lets sue california for being #3 in size! who's with me....:ph34r:

they need to sue the powerplants... come on.. all that pollution, and they're all at least what.... 20 years old. (i'm sure they've upgraded them or something)

mustang84... yeah, "but the celebrities are making me buy these big things, i have to have one to be safe in accidents"(cause i drive horribly) :lol: oh and "so i can put my house in it incase of wildfires/ earthquakes/tsunamis"

:rofl:

Hysterical. This is from the same state, whose government built the billion dollar 110-105 5-level stack interchange:

Posted Image

And the 23 lane El Toro Y:

Posted Image

New York's metro has more people than LA's, and it manages to get by without building monstrosities like that. :nono:

Maybe the problem is California's policies? Or California's geography, that traps vehicle exhaust between mountains and desert. Or California's hypocritical citizens that buy the most trucks/SUVs of any state, and then blame someone else for all their problems.

The rest of the country should sue California's overhyped tech industry in Sillicon Valley that raped the stockholders of the country in 1990's with bull$h! tech companies that never earned a penny.

The 1990's film "Rising Sun" made it seem that California was Japan's bitch. I thought it was over the top, but maybe it's rooted in some hard truth. Don't people from California like to brag about how they buy more Japanese cars than American cars? Why don't they go sue Nissan? :stupid:

Gotta love the logic. We should actually sue the earth for supplying carmakers with the means to produce such large vehicles...

Seriously though. The majority of the harmful gasses emitted into the earth's air are not by vehicles, but rather *gasp* by buildings. Try 80% I believe. Tell the yuppies that as they drive their Prius to the lot of a 30 story commercial tower that in one week probably emmits more damage to this earth than its entire clientel's arsenal of cars do in a year.

Lets sue the public for driving unnecessarily. They should all be riding bikes or walking, or else they would be contributing to global warming. Lets sue every person in California who drives a car. Lets make it illegal to drive with empty seats, because you could have been carpooling, and cutting emissions.

Lets sue every person in California who drives a car.

196163[/snapback]

As a California Democrat, I can only laugh and type "what he said".

And as a California Democrat car owner who takes the bus to work, I have to say to Lockyer, unless you are taking the bus too, then take your grandstanding election-year political bul^&it and stick it the same place I suggest the right-wing whackos stick theirs.

You know what? Stick it there even if you do take the bus. Not only should you commute shank's mare, if you want to be this level of self righteous a$$hole, you'd better be pulling commuters around Sacramento on a rickshaw.

I wonder if anyone in the U.S. District Court in Oakland ever bought a high-emissions vehicle... if they did, countersue.

This is just the STUPIDEST thing I heard all day.  And I have a blond in my 5th period class--she said some really stupid things today.

195939[/snapback]

Hey, I'm a blonde, I represent that remark. :lol:

This is just another BS lawsuit that will clog the courts with no benefits to anyone. Meanwhile, people outside of California will wonder how stupid that state is while its not the people it's extremist politics.

So it's the automaker's fault for all the pollution in Cali? Try getting more efficient public transportation and redesign some of your freeways so there is less gridlock(hence more pollution) before going to sue the six top automakers of the country. Next they'll sue the boating industry for polluting California's waters because they use THEIR waters for transporting. I wonder if any of the car manufacture HQs in Cali feel a little weary of being based there all of a sudden..

195910[/snapback]

well, Nissan and Mercury hightailed it out of there.

California, like a few other places is fun to visit but I'd never

in a million years want to live there... not in the heavely

populated areas anyway. Plus stuff like this makes me want

to bitch slap the whole state. They should sue the techtonic

plates next time there's an earthquake.

• 4 weeks later...

Most of you have probably not heard this news, but why not give the

militant illegal aliens out there what they are campaigning for........

Let California secede from the union and become an independent country!

Then we don't have to deal with them except as a foreign country, and they would have to earn favored nation status.

Let'em go back to their mules and oxcarts! I haven't seen a decent movie from

California in years, and we could pull the naval bases out of there too!

Let'em get their own dept. of defense. Oh yeah, they already have that with the gangs!

:duh: