• 2 - Okay. I guess
    • 1 - Puke-o-rama

Nice looking... I like the two tone

Posted Image

Click here for high-resolution image

------------------------

FOR RELEASE: 2006-11-21

Chevrolet to unveil all-new 2008 Malibu in January

DETROIT, Mich. – Chevrolet confirmed today that the all-new 2008 Malibu will be unveiled in January at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit and released a sneak peek of one of the car’s available two-tone interiors, which demonstrates a new level of refinement in the extremely competitive mid-size car segment.

“The next-generation Chevrolet Malibu's interior showcases the precision and detailed execution that will differentiate it among the mid-size car segment,” said Ed Peper, Chevrolet General Manager. “The 2008 Chevy Malibu will offer a number of striking and progressive interiors that use premium materials to demonstrate quality and value not seen before in this segment.”

In the sneak peek photograph, the roomier Malibu cabin showcases Chevy's classic dual cockpit design.

The new Malibu builds on the success of its current model, which garnered many awards such as the 2005 J.D. Power Initial Quality Award and the 2006 Insurance Institute for Highway Safety “Top Safety Picks” silver medal.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw it in The Car Lounge first, but it is on autodeadline as well, with this caption:

The all-new Chevrolet Malibu will be unveiled at the 2007 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, it was confirmed by General Motors Tuesday, November 21, 2006. The 2008 Chevy Malibu will offer a variety of progressive interiors featuring premium materials that elevate the car to a new level of refinement in the mid-size car segment.

The 2008 Chevrolet Malibu will feature an unusual two-tone cockpit, a feature General Motors Corp. hopes will help one of its mainstays stand out in a crowded field of midsize sedans.

Troy Clarke, president of North American operations, showed off the first pictures of the Malibu's new interior during a speech on Tuesday.

The automaker is looking to generate buzz over the new Malibu, which will debut in January at the North American International Auto Show.

The Malibu's interior "showcases the precision and detailed execution that will differentiate it among the mid-size car segment," Chevrolet General Manager Ed Peper said in a statement. "The 2008 Chevy Malibu will offer a number of striking and progressive interiors that use premium materials to demonstrate quality and value not seen before in this segment."

The Malibu has been a key vehicle for GM, selling more than 144,000 units this year, about one-fifth of Chevrolet car sales. Malibu sales were down about 12 percent through October 2006 compared to the first 10 months of last year.

looks a bit better than the interior of the aura and this makes the G6 interior looks like crap

218291[/snapback]

Looks a lot better as far as design and center stack integration are concerned. The Aura's stereo and HVAC controls are just kind of floating in space while this flows very well with the rest of the dash.

And yeah, the G6 interior is officially ass-tastic.

Very interesting. I'm gonna have to see some non-GM photography before I make a final decision, but things look promising. That's a wild interior for a mainstream sedan, but I'm glad GM's being bold and offering something most other manufacturers don't.

I wonder how many colors will be available...

-RBB

Very interesting.  I'm gonna have to see some non-GM photography before I make a final decision, but things look promising.  That's a wild interior for a mainstream sedan, but I'm glad GM's being bold and offering something most other manufacturers don't. 

I wonder how many colors will be available...

-RBB

218306[/snapback]

i'm guessing black-grey, black- tan, dark tan- tan, maybe blue?

This int. looks like a LTZ.

Yes, this is a very nice looking interior. MOSTLY due to the aspect of materials, color and accents. The basic design of the interior is average with any other average car on the market though, kinda has me wondering what the base malibu interior will look like in cloth and when everything is all one shade of gray.

Can't wait to see the final prodection version!

Edited by BuddyP

Nice looking... I like the two tone

Posted Image

Click here for high-resolution image

The Center Stack gives me a vibe of the new CTS spied interior. Someone please compare it. I could not find the old thread.

218313[/snapback]

You mean this pic? I see why you might think them similar, but at the same time they don't look at all related. It's the matariels and layout.

post-341-1164134934_thumb.jpg

Edited by jbartley

I spy with my little eye...an ignition switch on the dashboard.

218326[/snapback]

where? All i see is a key in the ignition...

that chrome line running around the upper edge for the red area, from centre stack to the door is AWESOME!

ALSO: Now i can't wait to see the MCE interior for the G6.

Edited by jbartley

Very nice. I wish there was a "full frontal" so we could see the instrument panel.

I'd love to hear what the toyota/honda/etc.. humping crowd thinks about this. This is their stomping ground, much the same way FULL SIZE pickups are for the domestics so I'm sure it's not built with the same grade of high quality plastic and other "soft touch" material that is used by japan.

Anybody think maybe toyota and honda need to be worried about this car???

I'd like to see how it would look with a beige/gray two-tone interior with wood trim replacing the chrome trim and strip completely with a wood-inlaid steering wheel a la the Sierra Denali. I think that would look very classy.

218335[/snapback]

If by classy you mean geriatric, then you'd be correct.

:P

looks a bit better than the interior of the aura and this makes the G6 interior looks like crap

218291[/snapback]

Agreed. This is tons better than the Aura and simply blows the G6 out of the water. This will help move the Malibu off the dealership lots and not the Rental lots. Well done.

However, I doubt they offer a screen based navigation. Why? Well, the Aura (which is supposed to be more upmarket than the Malibu) doesn't offer one. this makes no sense to me as it is a corporate unit that would just slide right in. The TBT navigation through On-Star isn't the same. They need to offer the DVD/Screen based Nav units across the board.

Other than that - this looks really good.

However, I doubt they offer a screen based navigation.  Why?  Well, the Aura (which is supposed to be more upmarket than the Malibu) doesn't offer one.  this makes no sense to me as it is a corporate unit that would just slide right in.  The TBT navigation through On-Star isn't the same.  They need to offer the DVD/Screen based Nav units across the board.

218341[/snapback]

i heard AURA was getting nav for MY08?

i heard AURA was getting nav for MY08?

218343[/snapback]

Once again they are playing catch up. It should have debuted with it. There is no excuse for this. Saturn will lose initial momentum by not having all the right features from day one. I won't hold my breath on the Malibu having it until I see it for myself. The press photo we are all looking at is proof. If they were going to offer it from day one - why not show a photo with that option as it appears that this mock up interior has just about every other option.

Also - not to sound to negative - but as in the Aura - the trim doesn't line up at the door dash on the driver's side. I hated it that the press photos for the production Aura this past spring had misaligned trim - but gave GM a reluctant pass since it was most likely a preproduction car - as this is.

But this past weekend at the San Antonio Auto Show I sat in an Aura XE that has terribly misaligned trim on the doors. It wasn't even close to lining up with the dash trim. Looked cheap and poorly assembled - this on a production vehicle that has been out for four months now.

I am one of GM's biggest fans - but stuff like this is getting a little old.