2008 Equinox Sport Offical Photos (GM)

gm4life

Guys, for once I can actually help! I can't believe I beat you guys to it! :CG_all:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...showtopic=14170

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Alright guys, sorry about the time, thats all GM had, for now. Hope you like it. This creates one problem the wife wants an Equinox or Torrent (I say Torrent over the Equinox but I can't help but wonder when the GXP Torrent is coming out) then I have to make my mind up the Sport Equniox (no 3.4 will do) or GXP Torrent or the Enclave, guess what I prolly get whatever is cheapest, but the lines of that Enclave are so great... Anyone know pricing? It better be like 27ish! (This is gonna kick Rav-4 V6 Sport a$$!) :pokeowned:

Edited by gm4life

Aw I was about to post it hah. The interior shot is looking pretty snazzy with that new shifter on there. Still not a fan of the aluminum trim being the main choice for the center console though. The exterior looks pretty sleek save for the altezza lights which is still a con. I like the body colored chevy bar up front.

Bring on the Torrent GXP. I'm betting I'll like the Pontiac version better anyways :)

I like it. The rims, body-color grille, and rear are nice. But IMO, it needs a roof rack.

Edit: I'm also glad they decided to call it Sport instead of SS.

Edited by DetroitNut90

Ooh, that is handsome and appealing.

I still wouldn't get one because I'm not an SUV/CUV person, but it is aesthetically pleasing and just plain old handsome. What could be better?

Yes there were various interior updates made on this Sport also for all other 2007 model's.

I just got a brand new on 2007 about a month ago (Mid November) and now I am wishing I had waited.

BTW is anyone else here a new Equinox owner?

You can check out what Nox owners actually think of this new Nox styling here:

:ohyeah:http://www.equinoxcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5814 :pbjtime:

Posted Image

(I just came over from there)

Me like! Makes me wish (big time) that GM had had this back in '02 when I bought my Aztek. As good as that car's been to me, this is SO much better in every way (except for the lack of a HUD...I still say that was an underrated safety feature, since my eyes never have to leave the road to check my gauges).

The styling on this is great. Unlike some others, I like the half-cut headlight bar, it adds a unique take on the standard chevy styling. The wheels are nice, and I don't think the tires need to be any wider for this car.

Overall, RS would have been a better designation choice...it hearkens back to days gone by, is still a sporty designation, and is a good fit for sport models that don't quite measure up to the SS moniker. In fact, I think that RS would be good for mid-level sports cars as well, like a Camaro. Keeping the SS cues works, too...just not calling it SS is good enough for me, though maybe RS-specific cues would be better.

But, overall, if I were in the market to directly replace my Aztek, this would certainly be on the short-list.

Can we get those dual exhaust outlets on the TB SS please?!?!?!

228081[/snapback]

Oh no, we need to drop the TB SS entirely. Not that it really matters...the TB is a lame duck at this point, given that mid-size truck-body SUVs are a dying breed. The crossovers are just too strong a market, with too many technical advantages over the TB and Exploder and their ilk.

My wife and I love the Nox Sport. Been waiting a long time for the rumoured SS with the bigger engine. I am perfectly content that it's labelled Sport. :pbjtime:

Gotta love the 3.6 VVT with the 6 speed transmission. The interior also looks much more upscale...especially with the side bolsters.

Can anyone give a definite answer if it will be a true dual exhaust or is it just for good looks?

Furthermore, I'm aware it will be available 3rd quarter 2007, but when will dealers be taking orders and when will the retail pricing be available?

Finally, is there going to be any special paint colours available only to the Equinox Sport? If there are not any different colours, then we'll be ordering the new Deep Ruby Metallic with that lovely Ebony leather interior and NO roof rack. :pbjtime::pbjtime::pbjtime::pbjtime:

Oh no, we need to drop the TB SS entirely.  Not that it really matters...the TB is a lame duck at this point, given that mid-size truck-body SUVs are a dying breed.  The crossovers are just too strong a market, with too many technical advantages over the TB and Exploder and their ilk.

228129[/snapback]

I totally agree, but still, the TB SS has a nice V8 and one single exhaust outlet for that little rumble. A second one would at least make it look better from the rear. I know its minor, but those are the things I notice. Heck, my '95 "Ol' beater" Monte Z34 has dual outlets.

Just a minor design cue that I like, and one that I feel should have been carried out on the TB SS.

I have been looking at these pictures long and hard, trying to find out what it is about this vehicle that I think is just 'not quite right'.

Don't get me wrong, I like it. I'm glad its here. Right now if you were to ask me what is going to be our next new car next year, it would come down to this, the new 08 Vue, a Mini Cooper, or Maybe a G6 coupe.

I think I found out what it was. The Wheels. Not the style, I love the 5 spoke style...but its the size. They need to be a bit bigger. Certainly I'm not advocating a car like this rolling around on 24" wheels or anything like that. However, I think that is what it is missing.

I say this becuase I often look at the Trailblazer SS with it's 20" wheels and think to myself "wow, that is so aggressive looking"...but when I look at this or the Saturn Redline Vue (with 18" wheels, not 20's) I think..."it looks ok, but not as aggressive as the TBSS".

I really think that is the difference. This, along with the Redline vue...looks good. But if GM wanted to get the same 'wow' factor in terms of sportiness that the TBSS gets, they would have to add slightly bigger wheels.

I like it.... A lot.

My gripes are 1) "Sport" is pretty over used and generic (As is "GT" which is what the Torrent will probably be called) But I am glad it isn't called SS. & 2) Is it too little too late?

I think it looks great!! The wheels are beautiful! The new bumper (which the base model bumper now resembles) looks good and I'm so glad they went with 2 exhaust outlets instead of one, like on the TB.

I hope it performs well and I hope it sells better than the TB SS (Seems like it doesn't sell all that well---but I could be wrong)