Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Spied: ???

Variance

Spied: ???

Posted Image

If you're wondering why there are three question marks in place of where I usually type the name of what's been caught on film, it's because I have no earthly idea what this car is...and neither do the folks at Autoblog.

So far the only "certain" thing is that it's a JDM product.

Take a look and have fun guessing.

Autoblog

Doesn't seem to fit the description of the next-gen xB, and I can see where you would think its a ford, the headlights have a last-gen Escape look and the masked emblems appear to be round. Maybe some sort of Mazda-based or European Ford? Whatever it is, I dont hate the styling, although that color really makes it look like a fridge.

Unlike its stablemate, the xB keeps its name, and despite a softening of its overall look, it's said to be unmistakably an xB. It's body configuration is unchanged, but it is larger in every dimension. Like the xD, the rear glass and c/d pillar are replaced by a wide C-pillar that obscures the car's cargo area. Those rear windows housed an embedded antenna in the old xB, and their absence necessitates the installation of a stubby roof-mounted unit at the rear of the car. Staying at the back end of the car for a moment, our source reports that there's a single backup light in the rear bumper on the driver's side.

In front, the car's upright windshield angle closely matches that of the current model, and the new xB also gets a downward-wrapping hood, similar in description to the one featured on the aforementioned xD. The headlamps on the displayed car were projectors. Another new styling element is a ridge that begins at the hood and extends along the sides of the car below the windows. The side glass tapers upward as it stretches further back, and the beltline rises accordingly.

Thats the description of the next xB from another Autoblog article.

The comments are fun to read because Chris Doane is arguing with some idiot named Michael Karesh.

229439[/snapback]

Well I wouldn't call it arguing. It's just that everything he was saying was wrong...so I corrected him.

It's hilarious how many people think its the Ford Fairlane....much less even a Ford.

Who knew that Volvo, Nissan & Scion were colaborating on the next Civic Station Wagon

Posted Image

I'm still on the Ford bandwagon...although never thought Fairlane. I see teh other thoughts though, just also figured it was pictured placed in between a Ford Aerostar minivan and Land Rover in one of those pics! COuld be coincidence, but hey I am entitled to my opinion.

You are entitled to your own opinion, but in this case, youd be wrong.

http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/2023

• 1 month later...

Honda Announces the New Crossroad

Tokyo, Japan — Honda Motor Co., Ltd. announced the release of the new Crossroad, an automobile which transcends existing categories by combining the design and functionality of an SUV with the convenient size of a compact car and the 3-row seating and 7-passenger capacity of a minivan. The new Crossroad will go on sale throughout Japan on Friday, February 23.

The Crossroad was designed as an “active life navigator”—a car that helps people enjoy their active new lifestyles, unbound by conventional thinking. … more

This is to a normal C-segment MPV such as the Zafira what fullsize crossovers such as the Taurus-X and Enclave are to Sienna and Quest—an MPV in the body of a crossover. Like the fullsize crossovers, it's more expensive than either a standard C-MPV, or a shorter-wheelbase 5-seat C-crossover such as the Qashqai.

It looks roomy, despite being relatively small on the outside. It looks quite versatile as well.

It is offered with a 1.8L or 2.0L engine, which sounds about right for the JDM. If they brought it over here, they would need a 2.4L for sure. Imagine 4WD, 7 passengers, and a 1.8L engine.... hmmm that doesn't sound very good.

Honda Press Release

73 photos

It's like a mini-Jeep lol.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by siegen