Variance

Spied: ???

37 posts in this topic

Variance    0

Spied: ???

Posted Image

If you're wondering why there are three question marks in place of where I usually type the name of what's been caught on film, it's because I have no earthly idea what this car is...and neither do the folks at Autoblog.

So far the only "certain" thing is that it's a JDM product.

Take a look and have fun guessing.

Autoblog

Satty    338

Doesn't seem to fit the description of the next-gen xB, and I can see where you would think its a ford, the headlights have a last-gen Escape look and the masked emblems appear to be round. Maybe some sort of Mazda-based or European Ford? Whatever it is, I dont hate the styling, although that color really makes it look like a fridge.

FAPTurbo    1,080

The comments are fun to read because Chris Doane is arguing with some idiot named Michael Karesh.

FAPTurbo    1,080

My ideas (in order from most likely to least likely):

4. Ford Fairlane

229442[/snapback]

No.

Satty    338

Unlike its stablemate, the xB keeps its name, and despite a softening of its overall look, it's said to be unmistakably an xB. It's body configuration is unchanged, but it is larger in every dimension. Like the xD, the rear glass and c/d pillar are replaced by a wide C-pillar that obscures the car's cargo area. Those rear windows housed an embedded antenna in the old xB, and their absence necessitates the installation of a stubby roof-mounted unit at the rear of the car. Staying at the back end of the car for a moment, our source reports that there's a single backup light in the rear bumper on the driver's side.

In front, the car's upright windshield angle closely matches that of the current model, and the new xB also gets a downward-wrapping hood, similar in description to the one featured on the aforementioned xD. The headlamps on the displayed car were projectors. Another new styling element is a ridge that begins at the hood and extends along the sides of the car below the windows. The side glass tapers upward as it stretches further back, and the beltline rises accordingly.

Thats the description of the next xB from another Autoblog article.

Chris_Doane    29

The comments are fun to read because Chris Doane is arguing with some idiot named Michael Karesh.

229439[/snapback]

Well I wouldn't call it arguing. It's just that everything he was saying was wrong...so I corrected him.

It's hilarious how many people think its the Ford Fairlane....much less even a Ford.

People thought this was a Fairlane? :lol:

To me, it was down to a Cube or some type of Honda. Some design aspects on this remind me of some on the Ridgeline.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.