Chrysler’s four-door, four-passenger concept embodies a visually compact appearance, while possessing SUV-like interior space thanks to a silhouette recalling old English shooting brake design. Interior design draw inspiration from contemporary computers, cell phones and music players to provide familiarly between everyday electronics and vehicle controls in order to appeal specifically to younger generations. Nassau is powered by a 6.1-liter HEMI and runs to 60 mph in five seconds.

Images at Autoweek

I don't like the rear end...too weird...but the front looks good.

I want to LOVe it since it's a four door hardtop but my first gut reaction was "FUGLY!"

Guest YellowJacket894

I'd like to know how they manage to get these images ahead of time. I'm on the Chrysler Group Media site, where I do have a membership, and I'm finding nothing but the teaser sketches we've seen already.

Oh, and as for the Nassau, it's disappointing. The sketches promised so much more, but instead we received a four-door AMC Gremlin with a nice Chrysler grille.

Oh hell yeah!

If this is as good or better, of course, than the regular LX cars themselves and supposing Chrysler did make it, then it would be soo cool if it wasn't tortured into something like Airflite --> Sebring.

It's bold, I find it beautiful, with a truly unqie interior.

This is what I know Chrysler for, and if there's any remnant of the old Chrysler left, it will be built fully intact.

Here's to hoping. :jump:

Edited by MyerShift

I can just imagine what the toned down version for production will look like. Just like the Sebring is an accurate representation of the Airflite concept. This is Malibu Maxx DCX style, but it's really not as good looking as some of thier other themes have been. This seems to indicate DCX believes some of the trends they introducedon Sebring work and should progress. No. No.

Yeah its based on the LX (or LY?) platform of the 300/2003 Airflite concept (still my favorite, but the Nassau comes close to that and te 1998 Chronos), and powered by the 6.1-liter HEMI V-8 engine. I like this-the wheels aren't as nice as Airflite's, but its sure better than a Sebring and last year's abysmal Imperial concept car-I like the rear end, unique-looking. Good to see this and the Jeep Trailhawk (and Lincoln MKR) concept cars-now where's the Dodge and GM (new, not previously shown) concept cars?

Overall the design is good. No hood rakes and very clean. The rear is odd, it would probably look better with a real sedan rear, but this would make a good wagon option. The wheels arent that impressive but I do like the full Chrysler emblem on the wheel caps. I love the interior, albeit it looks a little tight. Under the hood is just plain sexy.

Images at Autoweek

I can see where it's controversial, but I don't get where it's "weird"....

In one sense, it's the Infiniti FX and one of Toyota's WILL cars thrown in a blender...

In another sense it's the first E-body Seville (bustleback) and Imaj concept reimagined Chrysler style.

I think it could very much work. Maybe if they demodernized it with those retro cues you guys swear by....

And to the person geting mad about a 425-horse vehicle only having a 5-sec. 0-60 time, keep in mind, we are pushing 2010, with all these safety and creature comfort technologies; that it's obviously skewing luxurious; and that it clearly won't be a compact now, let's not kid ourselves.

Happy new year, BTW, folks... :)

I dunno... December numbers for Chrysler are mysteriously missing. In November the Caliber did 7,008 sales, putting it at #4 for Dodge and #12 for corporate volume. It's not nearly as sluggish as the Magnum at 2,138 sales, but it's not doing the volume that a compact car typically does. Compare to the Cobalt's 10,514 sales and the Civic's mammoth 20,143 sales for that same month.