When you can't sleep...

ocnblu

:blink: What do you guys do if you can't sleep? Bleh, I am feeling a bit stressed out. Work was insane yesterday, busy. My least favourite insurance reinspector showed up at 12:50 (I leave for lunch at 1). My new truck awaits, and all that jazz surrounding that project, now with a buyer thrown in the mix. My friend Ryan (yes, I've told you about him) called me yesterday to let me know the crew was going to Chili's (!) for lunch instead of our regular place and our receptionist didn't give me the message (luckily he called my extension directly just as I was about to leave) (I love him so much) (Lunch at Chili's sucked. I don't think any of us enjoyed it.) I have a headache and all I ate for dinner was a cup of yogurt. :( Edited by ocnblu

um get a second job doing the night shift? I never sleep.

Go rack up some miles.

See if you can post in every thread on C&G so you have every last post.

Go on a mass killing spree.

Light off fireworks.

Do some drug dealing.

Smoke some crack so then you have a boost of energy.

pirate programs and take on the Big corporations

Defrag the computer and watch the tripy gif to see if it changes.

Guest YellowJacket894

f@#k sleeping.

Makes the day suck pretty bad but it makes the next night's sleep that much better. I can be a hardcore insomniac sometimes and wind up not going to sleep until three in morning, knowing I have to be up at seven-thirty the next day. It's aggravating not being able to sleep when you want, though. Can really piss you off sometimes.

f@#k sleeping.

Makes the day suck pretty bad but it makes the next night's sleep that much better. I can be a hardcore insomniac sometimes and wind up not going to sleep until three in morning, knowing I have to be up at seven-thirty the next day. It's aggravating not being able to sleep when you want, though. Can really piss you off sometimes.

You call that hardcore? how abhout going to bed at 4 or 5 knowing you have to be up at 7? Or not sleeping at all? Oh yeah, I've done that numerous times for school :P

f@#k sleeping.

Hardcore? :lol: Young one, I must tell you stories of what hardcore is, some day. :P

When I was in grad school, I used to pull all nighters working on programs or papers... go out a little all-night diner in downtown Ann Arbor for breakfast at 3 am... drinking lots of Mountain Dew..

Back in the late '90s when I worked at a series of dot.bomb startups, I occasionally worked 24-36 hrs straight...crazy times..

The longest I ever stayed awake was 3 days straight. I was in graduate school trying to finish a programming project. At the end I was literally hallucinating. It was freaky. When I finally went to bed, I slept for 2 and a half days straight through. My roommate actually thought I was dead till he checked my breathing. I wasn't right for weeks afterwards. I'll never do that again.

:blink: What do you guys do if you can't sleep?

Sadly, I stay up way too late ... reading my forums, etc. But, I've heard that it is best to stay up if you can't sleep ... and go to bed when you ARE tired. Trouble is, for me, I don't get enough sleep then :(.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"You were only kidding yourself" ... Barbara Mandrell ... "Angel In Your Arms'

When I can't sleep, I unintentionally start getting stuff flowing through my head that worries me. Then, to get rid of that, I'll turn on music or the tv real low. That will usually get me to sleep or calm.. Sometimes I just want a fifth of Bacardi though.

The longest I ever stayed awake was 3 days straight....When I finally went to bed, I slept for 2 and a half days straight through.

Gotcha beat: 5 days straight, 14 hrs sleep at the end (I had to kind of force myself to go to sleep). No hallucinations, fine afterwards. End of semester @ college.

I do not have sleeping problems, I can literally go to sleep at random points in the day, but I function very well. At night I lay down when I'm tired, sleep like a rock, wake up fine. Average sleep is about 5 hrs... I get up at 6:30AM on weekdays.

Right now I'm working 7 days a week, sometimes until midnight. I have been referring to myself as "the robot"....

Edited by balthazar

The longest I ever stayed awake was 3 days straight. I was in graduate school trying to finish a programming project. At the end I was literally hallucinating. It was freaky.

That is exactly what happens to me. After three days, I'm hallucinating.

Sleep disorders? You've come to the right guy... I've been dealing with this since 1996 and I've tried everything:

Valerian Root - SMELLY! But does relax you. Be prepared to take it and have your urine smell horrendous, and when storing it, you can put it in a tupperware, inside a bag, inside another bag and in another tupperware and still smell it.

Chamomile tea - doesn't really work well for me. I use it on the weekends when I know I have "time" to fall asleep.

Ambien - Love it, but not a fan of taking prescription medicines to live off of.

Masturbation - Can work if it's really an intense session.

Over the counter sleep aides - They work, but have more of a chance of leaving you a little groggy the next day.

Nyquil/Benedryl - If you want to be KNOCKED OUT hard for like 12 hours, go right ahead.

Booze - Relaxes me a bit, but doesn't help me sleep.

Bible - The Bible always seems to make me nod off.

Sledgehammer - Not a safe way of going to sleep. Can result in death. But do enough days in a row without sleep, and you'll feel this is your only hope.

Wow-there is no way I could do that...unless it was once in a while, maybe...

its every week 52 weeks a year. Although, Its not as bad because I have a night job working for Warren PD while living in St. Clair Shores... :scratchchin:

But as for boring video games for Xbox, Forza Motor sports, with Toyota Solara on the test track, As soon as you set the controller down to yawn, bam your down.

For Ps2 after playing San Andreas for a while it gets boring.

Sleep disorders? You've come to the right guy... I've been dealing with this since 1996 and I've tried everything:

Valerian Root - SMELLY! But does relax you. Be prepared to take it and have your urine smell horrendous, and when storing it, you can put it in a tupperware, inside a bag, inside another bag and in another tupperware and still smell it.

Chamomile tea - doesn't really work well for me. I use it on the weekends when I know I have "time" to fall asleep.

Ambien - Love it, but not a fan of taking prescription medicines to live off of.

Over the counter sleep aides - They work, but have more of a chance of leaving you a little groggy the next day.

Nyquil/Benedryl - If you want to be KNOCKED OUT hard for like 12 hours, go right ahead.

Booze - Relaxes me a bit, but doesn't help me sleep.

Bible - The Bible always seems to make me nod off.

Sledgehammer - Not a safe way of going to sleep. Can result in death. But do enough days in a row without sleep, and you'll feel this is your only hope.

tried all of them, Even the last one on accident. If have Nyquil it looks like i just smoked crack because I'm so hyper, But if i drink coffee or energy drinks i an get some rest.

yes I know im odd

When I can't sleep I usually fix some tea called "Sleepy Time" by Celestial Seasonings. It's good stuff and always seems to work. I also take an aspirin befor bed every night as well. That seems to soothe me a little. Another thing I do is I go to a "happy place" (I know it sounds stupid, and it is). It works if you really get involved in your daydream (or is it a night dream) Anyway, it works for me.

Guest YellowJacket894

You call that hardcore? how about going to bed at 4 or 5 knowing you have to be up at 7? Or not sleeping at all? Oh yeah, I've done that numerous times for school :P

Hardcore? :lol: Young one, I must tell you stories of what hardcore is, some day. :P

I didn't say that's the absolute latest I've been up. :P :wink:

Young one? BV, you're not that much older than I am. Get real, dude. :lol:

I tried Ambien about 4 or 5 years ago. It works. It's expensive. And they don't like to pay for it.

I have tried Ativan (Lorazepam) and it's cheap. You have to take it about 10 hours before you need to wake up to avoid the grogginess factor. It takes me about a year to go through a bottle, so I'm not prone to dependency.

Masturbation? Cheap, healthy and effective. LOL.

PB, you need to get the 20-something old dude out of your head. It's self-defeating. You'll sleep better.