Sketch Competition 1 - Muscle Car!

Welcome to the first Sketch Competition on the new forums! For this competition artists are to design a muscle car from any make they wish. Artists' entries should consist of at least two the following: 3/4 front view, 3/4 view rear view, and interior view. The deadline for entries is Sunday, September 18th at 12:01 AM EST.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's time for em to do a Flaming Chicken! :D

Posted Image

And yes, it WILL be retro!

Can our sketch be based on already shown ideas? Such as something seen in a magazine, but not actually KNOWN to be going into production?

[post="651"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Sure. As long as you're not totally copying it I think that'd be fine.

I've decided - retro Firebird based on the '68. I have sketched front, rear and interior views. There's nothing said about CGI rendering, so I started coloring them in Photoshop. This is what I've done until now:
Posted Image

I can't....

Lift up....

My jaw.....

Sweet work man!

gt1750, you've brought to light the F-car we've been asking for... with a true 2+2 coupe body, and an overall look that is chameleon-like... from jaunty 6 cylinder runabout, to firebreathing Trans Am (I feel the word "Formula" when looking at your rendering), this car is a canvas, like the original. Much kudos to you, sir.

Guest YellowJacket894
Awesome! I think I'm entering either one of the following: -Chevy Chevelle SS -Chevy Camaro -Pontiac Firebird -GMC Typhoon/Syclone -Pontiac GTO

I would assume so, it never said.. I would say if it looks like a muscle car, sure. BTW: Northstar: ur sig says miata.. mx5 would be more suitable...when u say miati i think of the late 80s with the petty looks. mx5 is a more suitable (yet maybe less of a competitor) then the sky/solstice. Edited by fuel_sipping

dear OLDS422,

Your sig is intresting a 87' Buick Regal Grand National GNX with Olds422 (i would of thought a Oldsmobile might of been there) But that is One kick @ss pic where did you get it?

Your drawings look sweet.

If only i could draw (im lucky if my stick figures look good).

Posted Image

How come no one brings back AMC AMX. :P

Posted Image

I think it should be the next chop idea its a good car!

Edited by capriceman

dear OLDS422,

Your sig is intresting a 87' Buick Regal Grand National GNX with Olds422 (i would of thought a Oldsmobile might of been there) But that is One kick @ss pic where did you get it?

[post="8035"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I got this picture off Gran turismo 4.

Well it's no surprise that GT1750's entry has some Alfa in it... think about his username. I love that entry but i have to say it's not agressive enough for a Musclecar. The desing is beutiful as a spotr coupe but it has all the agresiveness of a '95 Honda Prelude. Just put a bit of an eyebrow on the headlights and you're good to go. The interior is your nicest yet. o be honest I'm not a huge fan of some of your other interiors. They;re very 'uninviting' to me but this one is AWSOME! B) Satty: Are you on the "Bring back skinny steering wheels" commite.? :P

Guest YellowJacket894
No, no, no, NOS. Everything about that is just wrong. The only thing that really works is the ass of the car. (It looks pretty good.) Everything else is just... No. Edited by anorexorcist

Guest YellowJacket894
I started my own competition, so, I'm out. :) By the way, I hope my own competition was okay. (I know NOS2006 or someone did their own over at the old forums, so I really don't see why not.)