Sign in to follow this  
Northstar

Sketch Competition 1 - Muscle Car!

117 posts in this topic

Welcome to the first Sketch Competition on the new forums! For this competition artists are to design a muscle car from any make they wish. Artists' entries should consist of at least two the following: 3/4 front view, 3/4 view rear view, and interior view. The deadline for entries is Sunday, September 18th at 12:01 AM EST.

I think it's time for em to do a Flaming Chicken! :D

Posted Image

And yes, it WILL be retro!

Mercury Cougar time! I'm in.

Can our sketch be based on already shown ideas? Such as something seen in a magazine, but not actually KNOWN to be going into production?

If you can't decide, you can do more than one entry if you want, although if you take a long time on your entries like gt1750 you might not have time to do two.

Can our sketch be based on already shown ideas? Such as something seen in a magazine, but not actually KNOWN to be going into production?

[post="651"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Sure. As long as you're not totally copying it I think that'd be fine.

How about a Firebird from me? Sound good? :D

[post="781"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Does that mean you DO like Pontiacs? :huh: :blink:

sound cool. I might enter..my sketches suck compared to many entrys. I think im good though for my age, 14. I already have a few cars picked out, I just can decide.

I'm not sure if at made this clear before, but the deadline is 12:01 AM EST on Sunday, September 18th. Meaning Saturday night is basically the deadline.

I've decided - retro Firebird based on the '68. I have sketched front, rear and interior views. There's nothing said about CGI rendering, so I started coloring them in Photoshop. This is what I've done until now:

Sketches (1600x1200):

Front 3/4
Rear 3/4
Interior

Rendered:

Posted Image
Posted Image

The rest will be done in a week or two.

I've decided - retro Firebird based on the '68. I have sketched front, rear and interior views. There's nothing said about CGI rendering, so I started coloring them in Photoshop. This is what I've done until now:
Posted Image

I can't....

Lift up....

My jaw.....

Sweet work man!

Amazing entry, gt, but not a Muscle Car to me... However, I can't lie. You do BEAUTIFUL interiors.. :o Edited by NOS2006

gt1750, you've brought to light the F-car we've been asking for... with a true 2+2 coupe body, and an overall look that is chameleon-like... from jaunty 6 cylinder runabout, to firebreathing Trans Am (I feel the word "Formula" when looking at your rendering), this car is a canvas, like the original. Much kudos to you, sir.

GOD that's beautiful. I love the way you did the rear, and the interior is just AMAZING. Edited by Turbojett

Nice... I love the Alfa Romeo-ness of it all.

[post="4949"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I thought Alfa too... looks great!