Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Real-World Lexus IS-F Pictures

Bimmer325

Real-World Lexus IS-F Pictures @ ClubLexus

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ClubLexus forum member STIG rode in an IS-F driven by a professional driver at a recent Lexus event:

I have IS350, and like I said, the car is nothing like my IS350. IS-F is in its own class.

It sounds pretty amazing IMHO. Very beefy, think something like RS4. I personally think it even sounds better than RS4. You guys won't be disappoint. I promise.

There were also some BMW folks there. Very cool people. One guy I talked to has M3. After the hot lap, he told me that IS-F may well be his next car!!

The marketing guy said it will be class leading HP figure. But he did mention that when the car was developing, C63 was not in their radar. So expect the figure somewhere between RS4's and C63.

I didn't get to drive it. But I did get to shot gun in the hot lap with pro driver.

The guy kept going side ways on all the corners and the car was FLAT!!! The handling was very very impressive. The transmission was ultra quick! I was told that the only faster transmission in the production cars is Ferrari's. Quicker than SMG, and DSG. My butt meter says the car goes to 0 to 60 in well less than 5 seconds granted that there were total of 4 people in the car. The ride is a bit of the stiff side but in no way makes your teeth fall of kind of stiffness.

Additional Images @ ClubLexus

From the outside the IS looks way too tired and old. I saw a new C-class today, which, on the other hand, is classy and fresh.

As with the IS-F, I'd rather pull up to a nice hotel in a M3, RS4, or C63. Regardless of how big the engine is, it just doesn't seem very classy for a pricey sedan.

Not too excited about the car... but it's not all that bad looking per se

Still a bit bulbous & unrefined from some angles.... like a Grand Prix.

This alphabet soup must die. IS-F that sounds retardedly awkward.

It looks a lot better than earlier pictures suggested. I'm astounded by the number of IS250s and IS350s around, especially in southern California. I think the IS-F will finally establish Lexus with the performance set.

A stretched Camry with twin-twin oval tailpipes and a whole bunch of horsepower. Wow. Sign me up...for something else. This car will look old in a year and will prove to have no soul...just like every other Jap piece of crap they cook up. Blah.

Actually, the IS is not related to the Camry at all... and it's 9 inches shorter.

Everything else you said is pretty much on point though. Toyota designs age especially quickly. I actually like the new IS design, but it will need a refresh in about 2 years time when all of the other luxury sport models outclass it.

Edited by Lamar

CTS-V please.... even the current gen is more attractive and assertive on the outside than this.

Ex-acry! 8)

PCS: You're not honestly trying to say that the current

W-body Grand Prix is a better looking car than the G8?

Dude, the GP's head/tail lights & proportions are horrific,

I have nothing against the car if only because it's a GM

but I think the G8 makes the Grand Prix look bad like a

2008 Corvette C6-Z06 makes a 1982 Corvette look bad.

It looks good..looks much better in production form than the prototype pics from a few months ago..too bad they kept the side ground effects gorp, though..it would look cleaner without the busy stuff on the lower front fender ahead of the door.

Nonetheless, it is neat to see Lexus do something overtly sporty rather than just quiet luxury cars.

Edited by moltar

Nonetheless, it is neat to see Lexus do something overtly sporty rather than just quiet luxury cars.

but that's the thing... it doesn't *look* overtly sporty. If this hadn't been labeled as the IS-F, I would have though this was just pics from a Lexus engine mods club.

but that's the thing... it doesn't *look* overtly sporty. If this hadn't been labeled as the IS-F, I would have though this was just pics from a Lexus engine mods club.

It's got the serious hardware, though..I'm saying the whole package is sporty.. like BMW's M series cars or Merc AMGs, the body work is subtle (except for the side scoop).

I wouldn't expect Lexus to do something with huge wings or hood scoops or other tacked on 'sporty' cheese like a Subaru WRX Sti or Mitsu Evo, for example..

It's got the serious hardware, though..I'm saying the whole package is sporty.. like BMW's M series cars or Merc AMGs, the body work is subtle (except for the side scoop).

I wouldn't expect Lexus to do something with huge wings or hood scoops or other tacked on 'sporty' cheese like a Subaru WRX Sti or Mitsu Evo, for example..

I wouldn't expect that either, but there is much more difference between a 330i and an M3 or a CTS and a CTS-V than there is between an IS350 and the IS-F

I wouldn't expect that either, but there is much more difference between a 330i and an M3 or a CTS and a CTS-V than there is between an IS350 and the IS-F

Well, the fascia, rear bumper, rocker trim, etc is different.. it seems at least looking at the pics, the external trim difference between the IS350 and IS-F is similar to that of a regular C-class vs. an AMG version. Anyway, what's important is the hardware, which it seems Lexus has done a good job with..

Well, the fascia, rear bumper, rocker trim, etc is different.. it seems at least looking at the pics, the external trim difference between the IS350 and IS-F is similar to that of a regular C-class vs. an AMG version. Anyway, what's important is the hardware, which it seems Lexus has done a good job with..

till the cam shafts explode over 6,500 rpm... :AH-HA_wink: j/k

I hated how ricey this looked in the promo photos so I'm glad to see it doesn't look as bad in the flesh. However, it could still be a little better. I'll go against the grain and say I like the exhaust. I'll also add that I think the design of the IS is great...stylish and sporty with a dash of luxury. The new C-class doesn't hold a candle to it, IMO, especially with the way too Chrysler interior.