6t5frlane

New " Cuda "

37 posts in this topic

Over at Car Domain there are pics and video of a 2008? Cuda at the SEMA 2007 show. Totally retro but freakin cool ! Shaker and all....

Looks like a Challenger with a Mustang-inspired ass end?

Meh. Do we really need a badge engineered Challenger? I don't think this concept is a good idea because it will just rile up the Plymouth faithful on their dead brand.

Oh, I'm not technically a member of "Plymouth Faithful" but I just found it disappointing that Chrysler was pressed to kill the brand when cars like the Pronto Spyder showed that much could be done.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oddly enough, this car was not built by Chrysler, and not even with the Challenger body. It is a custom carbon fiber body, on a current Charger frame, or just with a Charger interior and some other kind of frame. Someone on Allpar noticed that the logo on the steering wheel, looks like a "Metalcrafters" logo.

SEMA 2007: Chrysler Barracuda Concept

Posted Oct 30th 2007 7:25PM by Damon Lavrinc

Unless you've got an uncle on the verge of buying the farm or Grand Canyon deep pockets, you won't be able to pick up an actual 'Cuda anytime soon. According to a Chrysler exec on hand at SEMA, the Barracuda concept is a one-off production car built for one of those overtly wealthy gearhead. We don't have any details on who this mystery magnate is, but with a 6.1-liter HEMI, a body entirely molded in carbon fiber, six piston Brembo brakes and a set of 22-inch Zenetti five-spoke wheels wrapped in Pirelli PZeros, it's guaranteed that he (or she) will be enjoying laying rubber around his private estate.

While the full carbon fiber body is trick and the Lambo orange paint makes the 'Cuda "pop," we're baffled that the interior is pulled straight from the Charger SRT8 parts bin. Figure this car is worth more than its weight in unobtanium and you'd think that a few extra bucks for some Alcantara and Recaros wouldn't do much damage to the bottom line.

Looks like a Challenger with a Mustang-inspired ass end?

Hahaha

HUH???

Try 1970 Barracuda...?

LOL

It's NOT a production bound concept from Chrysler from what I hear, it's just a cool looking car idea on display.

:idhitit:

A sweet one-off.

Hahaha

HUH???

Try 1970 Barracuda...?

LOL

It's NOT a production bound concept from Chrysler from what I hear, it's just a cool looking car idea on display.

What do 12 year olds know? :AH-HA_wink:

Retro vehicles have such boring details... This one in particular. Square taillights and round headlights. Those fascias just... *yawn* What was I saying, again?

It's cool for what it is, though.

I really like it, but the cost must have been obscene.

Retro vehicles have such boring details... This one in particular. Square taillights and round headlights. Those fascias just... *yawn* What was I saying, again?

It's cool for what it is, though.

Kids! :rolleyes:

:lol:

*yawn* What was I saying, again?

Not sure.

I wasn't paying attention......

:AH-HA_wink:

Put that baby into production and just make a limited run of Plymouth 'Cudas...maybe 10,000 or so. Sell it under Chrysler dealers as a Plymouth! Plymouth did not deserve to go out as decontented Breezes and Voyagers.

+1... :nono:

Very cool custom one-off. I'd buy it if I was Jay Leno or some other millionare.

RIP Plymouth. :(

Oh and how about the CHrysler VOYAGER? <_< and even the Prowler was

rebadged as a Chrysler for a while, the PT Cruiser was meat to be a Plymouth.

That's what sucks, that car alone would have saved the brand. :(

+1

+ everybody here over 35 years old who can see the direct resemblance to a 70 Cuda....

LOL

+1

+ everybody here over 35 years old who can see the direct resemblance to a 70 Cuda....

LOL

Or anyone who happens to to have one in their garage...

This car is a one-off and should stay that way.

The Chrysler brand needs to move upmarket if it wants to become relevant in the market again and not remain a "fancy Dodge" alternative. I agree that it could use some sort of halo car to attract interest and generate excitement for the brand. A rebadged Challenger is not the appropriate product to signal Chrysler's intentions or brand image.

Plymouth is dead and it's not coming back. As sad as I think that is, it's reality. Dodge is now Chrysler's sporty, affordable, mainstream, mass market brand. Chrysler LLC has its hands full at the moment fixing its three current unfocused brands. It does not need to reintroduce another brand to add to the chaos.

Not sure.

I wasn't paying attention......

+1

LOL

Such whiners. :P

Hey, if you can get off on a plain square... more power to you. I prefer shapes that have some sort of personality to them. The body shouldn't be the only aspect of a vehicle that excites the eye. Who says a vehicle needs boring details to resemble the original? Whatever happened to separating yourself from the pack? Retro vehicles like the Prowler, for example, didn't need anything as such to look graciously retro. Neither did the more recent Camaro.