Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

New " Cuda "

6t5frlane

Oh, I'm not technically a member of "Plymouth Faithful" but I just found it disappointing that Chrysler was pressed to kill the brand when cars like the Pronto Spyder showed that much could be done.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oddly enough, this car was not built by Chrysler, and not even with the Challenger body. It is a custom carbon fiber body, on a current Charger frame, or just with a Charger interior and some other kind of frame. Someone on Allpar noticed that the logo on the steering wheel, looks like a "Metalcrafters" logo.

SEMA 2007: Chrysler Barracuda Concept

Posted Oct 30th 2007 7:25PM by Damon Lavrinc

Unless you've got an uncle on the verge of buying the farm or Grand Canyon deep pockets, you won't be able to pick up an actual 'Cuda anytime soon. According to a Chrysler exec on hand at SEMA, the Barracuda concept is a one-off production car built for one of those overtly wealthy gearhead. We don't have any details on who this mystery magnate is, but with a 6.1-liter HEMI, a body entirely molded in carbon fiber, six piston Brembo brakes and a set of 22-inch Zenetti five-spoke wheels wrapped in Pirelli PZeros, it's guaranteed that he (or she) will be enjoying laying rubber around his private estate.

While the full carbon fiber body is trick and the Lambo orange paint makes the 'Cuda "pop," we're baffled that the interior is pulled straight from the Charger SRT8 parts bin. Figure this car is worth more than its weight in unobtanium and you'd think that a few extra bucks for some Alcantara and Recaros wouldn't do much damage to the bottom line.

Very cool custom one-off. I'd buy it if I was Jay Leno or some other millionare.

RIP Plymouth. :(

Oh and how about the CHrysler VOYAGER? <_< and even the Prowler was

rebadged as a Chrysler for a while, the PT Cruiser was meat to be a Plymouth.

That's what sucks, that car alone would have saved the brand. :(

This car is a one-off and should stay that way.

The Chrysler brand needs to move upmarket if it wants to become relevant in the market again and not remain a "fancy Dodge" alternative. I agree that it could use some sort of halo car to attract interest and generate excitement for the brand. A rebadged Challenger is not the appropriate product to signal Chrysler's intentions or brand image.

Plymouth is dead and it's not coming back. As sad as I think that is, it's reality. Dodge is now Chrysler's sporty, affordable, mainstream, mass market brand. Chrysler LLC has its hands full at the moment fixing its three current unfocused brands. It does not need to reintroduce another brand to add to the chaos.

Kids! :rolleyes:

:lol:

Not sure.

I wasn't paying attention......

:AH-HA_wink:

+1... :nono:

+1

+ everybody here over 35 years old who can see the direct resemblance to a 70 Cuda....

:AH-HA_wink:

LOL

Such whiners. :P

Hey, if you can get off on a plain square... more power to you. I prefer shapes that have some sort of personality to them. The body shouldn't be the only aspect of a vehicle that excites the eye. Who says a vehicle needs boring details to resemble the original? Whatever happened to separating yourself from the pack? Retro vehicles like the Prowler, for example, didn't need anything as such to look graciously retro. Neither did the more recent Camaro.

Hey, if you can get off on a plain square... more power to you. I prefer shapes that have some sort of personality to them. The body shouldn't be the only aspect of a vehicle that excites the eye. Who says a vehicle needs boring details to resemble the original? Whatever happened to separating yourself from the pack?

The classic musclecar look was done pretty successfully with the new Mustang IMO. It came off well. I haven't seen a Challenger in person, but the people who HAVE seen them in that tent showing in Vegas or wherever it was had nothing to say but rave reviews.

I think the Challenger will be pretty successful if it's priced right.

I'm not a big fan of the Camaro concept, and I'm sure the production version will change even more than it already has from the concept. I don't find the Camaro concept to truly be a "retro" look, it's more "reminiscent" IMO. It too will sell if priced right.

As far as "plain square", I'm not sure what you are talking about. The new Cadillacs are by far more "plain square" than any of the three concepts/cars you mention..?

I think the styling is aggressive, with ALOT of personality. If you find the old original cars "boring" then I think you need to re-think. The sea of SUVs, minivans and bland sedans nowadays are far more "boring" than anything of 35-40 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a Challenger with a Mustang-inspired ass end?

NOO...GOD...I am in LOVE with that thing.

Maybe I can sell my house and buy both a Cuda and a Challenger???

Chris

The classic musclecar look was done pretty successfully with the new Mustang IMO. It came off well. I haven't seen a Challenger in person, but the people who HAVE seen them in that tent showing in Vegas or wherever it was had nothing to say but rave reviews.

I think the Challenger will be pretty successful if it's priced right.

I'm not a big fan of the Camaro concept, and I'm sure the production version will change even more than it already has from the concept. I don't find the Camaro concept to truly be a "retro" look, it's more "reminiscent" IMO. It too will sell if priced right.

As far as "plain square", I'm not sure what you are talking about. The new Cadillacs are by far more "plain square" than any of the three concepts/cars you mention..?

I think the styling is aggressive, with ALOT of personality. If you find the old original cars "boring" then I think you need to re-think. The sea of SUVs, minivans and bland sedans nowadays are far more "boring" than anything of 35-40 years ago.

Actually I think that it is cool that the Camaro is the least "retro" of the three (CHallenger, Stang, and Camaro.)

Chris

Or anyone who happens to to have one in their garage...

Don't I wish. I work with a 65 year old guy who has an original orange AAR 4 Speed car that he keeps promising to sell me when he retires.

Had a chance to buy a really nice Plum Crazy Purple automatic a few years ago for not a lot of money and turned it down because it was auto...boy do I feel like an Idiot now...

There is a Panther Pink Automatic AAR car with a white interior and a white vynal top here in Ohio for sale...guy wants 100 Grand for it unrestored. The son of the original owner owns a pristine Red AAR 4 speed carand wants to buy the pink car back, but not at 100 large unrestored...

Maybe these new muscle cars being around will drop the price on the older ones...eh?

Chris

Don't I wish. I work with a 65 year old guy who has an original orange AAR 4 Speed car that he keeps promising to sell me when he retires.

Had a chance to buy a really nice Plum Crazy Purple automatic a few years ago for not a lot of money and turned it down because it was auto...boy do I feel like an Idiot now...

There is a Panther Pink Automatic AAR car with a white interior and a white vynal top here in Ohio for sale...guy wants 100 Grand for it unrestored. The son of the original owner owns a pristine Red AAR 4 speed carand wants to buy the pink car back, but not at 100 large unrestored...

Maybe these new muscle cars being around will drop the price on the older ones...eh?

Chris

I have 2 sitting in my garage :3

• 2 weeks later...

Put that baby into production and just make a limited run of Plymouth 'Cudas...maybe 10,000 or so. Sell it under Chrysler dealers as a Plymouth! Plymouth did not deserve to go out as decontented Breezes and Voyagers.

Plymouth wasn't anyting since 1977, when the big Fury was killed. Where were all these loyal customers the past 30 years?

Plymouth wasn't anyting since 1977, when the big Fury was killed. Where were all these loyal customers the past 30 years?

Furys were produced until 1978. They were NOT an "enthusiasts" car, unless the cop car versions count....

The Prowler was a MUCH more desirable Plymouth IMO.