Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

These Prices Are Insane!

Cory Wolfe

The cost of Burger King's chicken fries, that is. I swear, they used to be less than $4.50... Now in some places they are up to $5.60. I don't think the cost of a crate of live chicken has gone up any. The King is greedy and just wants to take advantage of the fright from bird flu. I'm going to have to switch fast-food restaurants. BK's tasty chicken fries turn me into a chicken guzzler. If I switch to Mcdonald's, which are much less tasty, I'll ween myself off chicken and eventually become a vegetarian. It's the trend of the future. We need to save all of our chicken before bird flu makes them extinct. Think of the food chain.

I'd rather shop at Publix than BJ's.

But Publix is a seriously nice chain of grocery stores. Better than any large grocery I've ever been in.

I can't remember if I've ever been in one when I was down in Florida when I was younger...I know it by a toy truck I got as a kid that says Publix on it. Dillan's is a really, really nice place.

But Publix is a seriously nice chain of grocery stores. Better than any large grocery I've ever been in.

Amen. PUBIX has good food.

No love for Winn Dixie's, Fly?

WD is coming back after going bankrupt. But the choices in Pubix are still better.

double cheese burger from Wendy's - ~$4.00

1/2 pound burger from local deli - ~$5.00

1 pound of meat, 4 rolls, 16 Kraft singles, - ~$6.00

Things get much cheaper when you supply the heat.

That $h!s bad for you.

Especially since there's often $h! *in* the meat. The average fast-food burger patty comes from hundreds of different cows. And the only reason why it "tastes" the way it does is because of flavor and smell chemicals, which transform the $h!tiest grade of ground up "meat" into the finished product you recognize.

Edited by empowah

But have you tried the new Peppermint Pattie pie? I haven't myself, but I am thinking about it.

HA! After reading what I just posted... I have to say this. I am sure Marcy has tried Peppermint Patty's pie, "sir". :AH-HA_wink:

As far as the southeast, Publix is badass. Way better than anything else out there and worth the slight price premium. I do have to say that weggman's in the NE and Dominick's in the midwest and about any store that is less than 10 years old/remodeled in the west is superior food shopping. Especially now that Albertsons threw in the towel.

For those of you wondering how am I qualified to make this assumption..... I have been to a supermarket in at least 40 states. Everything from a Piggly Wiggly to a Giant Eagle to a Stop and Go to Acme the list goes on an on an on...

Guest YellowJacket894

Speaking of chicken, Bob Evans has some good chicken strips. They remind me a lot of the ones from Arby's, though ... which, thinking about it, they probably are made by the same supplier.

I feel stupid. :P