Stoopsbuick

LaCrosse Super

64 posts in this topic

In Vegas this week Buick had a LaCrosse "Super" that is slated to be built for 2007. The one they had there was sharkskin and it included a V8, 20"wheels and portholes....Sorry guys I would have loved to have taken some pictures but it's never allowed...Can't wait to see how they sell...

Really? Fantastic news. That definitely indicates mid-life update. It will be the Impala SS V8 no doubt. Any other changes? HID headlights? real wood interior? Navi? Was there an estimated price?

Was it a 5.3 or the FWD Northstar? Or something else maybe?

It's all very possible, considering that the GP now has a V-8. Portholes can be stuck on, wheels can be added, and the paint can be, um, sprayed on or whatever.

Did the exterior look refreshed in any way? I mean, was the grille the same or did it take on more like the Lucerne's Velite-inspired grille?

stoopsbuick: Thanks for the scoop! I keep reading and re-reading your post, but no more information comes out of it. :P Was the new Buick Lambda crossover there? Any other glimpses (drawings?) of future Buick plans?

maybe its this lacrosse?:

Posted Image
Posted Image Edited by zoomtm

not to pick... but wouldn't it be the Ultra?

[post="30822"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I doubt that since Buick went the extra lengths to phase out the "Ultra" name when it got rid of the PA Ultra and then the Rendezvous Ultra was just renamed the CXL Plus.

Yeah... as much as it irritates me, the Ultra trim appears to be supplanted by the "Super" name which I don't think has appeared on Buicks since the 1950's (I could be VERY wrong with this but I can’t recall at the moment). I prefer “Ultra” as Buick’s performance trim over “Super” any day, but I’ll take almost anything as long as Buick continues to evolve and grow.

Whatever it is, they won't name it "Super" (thanks for askin').

Whatever it is, they won't name it "Super" (thanks for askin').

[post="30845"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I have faith... and hope... that they won't.

You "Are you a Buick?"

Buick "I'm Super! Thanks for asking!"

Posted Image

Don't be surprised, look for Super and Reserve trims down the road.

[post="30853"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well... "Names" for trims are better than CX,CXL, CXS...

I'll have to sit back and see where this goes.

When was Reserve ever used? or is that one new?

I guess "Limited" and "Special" might be resurrected some day too.

Sounds interesting. What would Reserve apply to?

Is GM trying to kill Buick? "Super" as a trim level is absolutely retarded. Fire whoever approved that! "Reserved"? WTF is that supposed to connote? Laid-back and dull? Or "Exclusively for you"? Seriously, CX and CXL over those two any day of the year, including February 29th.

Reserve makes me think of the Army and Navy, I don't think I like that too much. It also sounds like it's second rate. "Reserve" players in sports are the ones that aren't as good as the "starters." Super doesn't sound as bad, but I really don't like it much either.

Thats interesting. Not sure super would be excepted today. It better be some kind of SPECIAL like SUPERcharged N*, RWD with transmission options, suspension, AWD.......I mean SUPER lol I get Reserve Limited is my favorite

I really like Limited -- Super. No. Reserve? No. Diamond series? Maybe. Platinum? Yes. Gimme different trim levels based on metals and jewels.. would love it. Platinum, diamond, gold, etc. That sounds kinda cool to me. So, anyway, I noticed the grille isn't chrome, but rather body-colored. If GM is indeed producing this high po LaCrosse with a sporty edge, a body-colored grille seems right up their alley--as they did with the Regal.

Did the exterior look refreshed in any way?  I mean, was the grille the same or did it take on more like the Lucerne's Velite-inspired grille?

[post="30810"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Actually I left that out it did have a velite grill on it....but the interior looked just like a CXS...

Interesting news. Seems very doable. As for all these trim names, they all sound so pretentious. Bring back T-Type and Limited, and then really make it limited.

Thank you God! So... we can expect a refreshed exterior with a better looking nose, 6A and an available hi-po V8 engine for 2007. Now that should drum up some interest.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor