Newbiewar

Spied! Some Damn Purple MPV

46 posts in this topic

http://news.windingroad.com/body-stylesmar...ral-motors-mpv/

General Motors tipped its hand about an upcoming seven-passenger MPV in the labor agreement it drew up with the United Auto Workers in 2007. Now the spy shooters of Brenda Priddy & Company have come across the first fruit of that agreement with these images of a new MPV mule out and testing.

The vehicle appears to be built on GM’s global Delta chassis, which is an excellent indication that the MPV will be offered in many markets, and under the umbrella of several of GM’s brands worldwide. Priddy expects that the vehicle will be built domestically at the Hamtramck, Michigan plant, though much of the R&D work was likely done at the facility in South Korea.

The new hauler will most likely end up in the hands of Chevrolet, with Opel and Daewoo also being logical recipients. Have a look at Priddy’s handiwork in our gallery below or click through the jump to read the spy shooter’s impressions of the new MPV.

Nice. Minivans aren't dead, and this can keep them alive here in the US. Sure, it's smaller than our current offerings, but perhaps this will start the downsizing phase. It looks quite a lot bigger than Zafira or Mazda5, more like a Galaxy/S-Max or Previa/Estima?

Edited by empowah

Looks like an Entourage or Sedona to me.......those door-handles are dead ringers for the ones on the Hyundai and Kia......

:scratchchin:

I'd say they nabbed a Korean MCE.....

what i find interesting... is it says delta platform... and if my memory serves me correctly, the delta is supposed to be cobalt sized rwd pontiac/cadillac?

something sounds funny?

what i find interesting... is it says delta platform... and if my memory serves me correctly, the delta is supposed to be cobalt sized rwd pontiac/cadillac?

something sounds funny?

Delta is the FWD Cobalt/HHR/Astra/G5 platform

If the Insignia is any indication, Opel's styling is becoming rounder. The thingy on those pics looks pretty angular. Chevy DeltaII MPV?

EDIT - I think I see some Traverse on what we can see of the headlights, but given that this is shaping up to be one $h!ty day, it could be me hallucinating.

Edited by ZL-1

Delta is the FWD Cobalt/HHR/Astra/G5 platform

your thinking of alpha

ohh my bad, but still how does a chassis, of the hhr, support 7 people? the hhr really doesnt fit 5 and if they are going to stretch the platform why not use epsilon

I'm really surprised at you guys.....

car_photo_231021_5.jpg

even the a-pillar and front fender cutlines are the same... sheesh.

ohh my bad, but still how does a chassis, of the hhr, support 7 people? the hhr really doesnt fit 5 and if they are going to stretch the platform why not use epsilon

Maybe 7 Europeans..they are generally smaller than bloated Americans.. :)

@CD: I read it, but if it is the Zafira that means I am hallucinating... not good..... :nono:

Whatever it is...it's testing inside GM's Milford Proving Grounds. As you can imagine most vehicles that test inside GM's Milford Proving Ground are uh.....GM cars. When Nissan or BMW use Milford, it's usually quite obvious.

That combined with our knowledge of the forthcoming Chevy MPV7 lead us to believe that's what we saw.

This purple thing may actually be a Roewe.

whats Roewe? the chinese company?

Right. It's the company the Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation created to build the MG Rover cars.

SAIC is partnered with GM so its possible a Roewe could be testing inside Milford. Why the hell they would come this far for R&D is another question. As far as I can remember, Roewe has never been spotted testing in the U.S.

Those wheels definitely look Rover/Roewe:

roewe-750.jpg

Some parts of it make me think Citroen C4 Picasso... but maybe that's just a coincidence.

02picasso_m.jpg

Yawnnnnn, funny I think I'm close by to them! Surely a coincidence! Why would a GM Europe guy be in China anyway, ahh that's right we wanted authentic Chinese food. :smilewide:

Whatever it ends up being, it looks very Zafira based..... the cutlines on all of the fenders look damn near identicall. Even the slightly trapezoidal rear glass is there...

gas filler is opposite side though

Yawnnnnn, funny I think I'm close by to them! Surely a coincidence! Why would a GM Europe guy be in China anyway, ahh that's right we wanted authentic Chinese food. :smilewide:

any chance teh borger is hinting at us? :AH-HA_wink:

more info please!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor