2007 Pontiac G5 SE Sedan, Ultra Silver

26900KM

10500$ (on sale!)

PDL, Keyless, PM, PW, Cruise, AC, CD/MP3 Stereo, Spoiler, 2.2L Automatic

13603.jpg

13603_2.jpg

13603_3.jpg

13603_4.jpg

Dealer might be able to knock off $1500 of that for me too! I'll go down there to look at it Monday after class, but as long as it doesn't get sold out from under me or have some unforeseen issue, I'll consider it.

Any Input, Guys?

My complaints about the Cobalt are the lousy city fuel economy, cheap interior and exlectri steering. However it's a nice car and a huge step up over the crapalier (what isn't?) I certainly mind owning one...I would just prefer blue/red/black. Silver's not very flattering. :P Still, I say :thumbsup:

I was considering the G6, but I couldn't justify the extra insurance money, extra cost to own, although it had hydraulic steering and the same fuel economy it just wasn't worth it. I can tell you that the price is DEFINITELY right here... I got a couple offers on the Cavalier for 3500$, add that to the 1500 the dealer will take off in cost, and the car, next to new would cost 5500$ + Tax ( :ohyeah: )

If you buy it, I hold you fill the gap for the plug in grill. :P

I know, it's a shameful rebadge and you are lucky you don't get it down there... but I like the G5 over the Cobalt for a few reasons

1. Front End is More Attractive with Pontiac Grille (The Pontiac grille almost looks as if it belongs more)

2. Better Interior (Yes the upholstery is the same but it has better instrument surrounds and the Two-Tone Door trim and dash really jazzes up the interior in comparison to the Cobalt, makes it less like a hospital)

Cobalt

13595_3.jpg

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

Sounds like a good deal.

Me personally, I could not live with that color silver.

I know, it's a shameful rebadge and you are lucky you don't get it down there... but I like the G5 over the Cobalt for a few reasons

1. Front End is More Attractive with Pontiac Grille (The Pontiac grille almost looks as if it belongs more)

2. Better Interior (Yes the upholstery is the same but it has better instrument surrounds and the Two-Tone Door trim and dash really jazzes up the interior in comparison to the Cobalt, makes it less like a hospital)

Cobalt

13595_3.jpg

I agree with #2 but not #1. It looks like what it is: tacked on as an afterthought. We do get the G5 but coupe only.

Also, the Cobalt's upper trim levels have 2-tone doors..just like the one you pictured. :P

Edited by Dodgefan

Also, the Cobalt's upper trim levels have 2-tone doors..just like the one you pictured. :P

I know... but the two tone doesn't stand out enough IMO- too bland, the G5 has a greater contrast in colours... and the colour of the stereo faceplate doesn't match the bezel on the Cobalt, not to mention the accent trim doesn't make enough of a contrast with the rest of the interior trim to stand out. The G5 also has a silver trim ring around the shift area... it's the little touches like that that make the difference for me.

Great deal!

Wonder how you'll do for gas mileage?

I have the 2.4L SS (07 4dr auto)

Computer says 9.0L per 100km, it was close. I did the math and it was 8.89, 26 US MPG or 31 CDN MPG

I like my interior--don't find it cheap at all--yes the Mazda 3s nicer inside.....

Edited by avro206

Great deal!

Wonder how you'll do for gas mileage?

I have the 2.4L SS (07 4dr auto)

Computer says 9.0L per 100km, it was close. I did the math and it was 8.89, 26 US MPG or 31 CDN MPG

Well, in my Cavalier, I'm getting 24 US MPG City, so if I get anything near that, I'll be happy.

Other than the orange backlit guages, the dash is the same as the Cobalt. Only the center cloth insert is different. The electric steering gets no respect, but I miss it, frankly. Let me know if they do knock $1,500 off the $10,500 - that would be a steal, unless it was in an accident. You'd be lucky to get a base Cobalt/G5 for $10k around here, let alone an LT. Make sure you do the CarFax, etc. Sounds too good to be true.

I always managed 30 mpg (Can. gal) on the Cobalts when I drove them, combined city/highway. If you are used to a 6 cylinder, the 2.2 is probably the best engine for delivering acceptable power and decent mileage.

You'll be happy with the car and the price certainly sounds right.

Let me know if they do knock $1,500 off the $10,500 - that would be a steal, unless it was in an accident. You'd be lucky to get a base Cobalt/G5 for $10k around here, let alone an LT. Make sure you do the CarFax, etc. Sounds too good to be true.

they've got quite a few G5s, the SEs are on sale for 10'500, and the Bases are going for 9'500- I have no doubt they'll knock 1500$ off (that's the general agreed upon number that they give us off, we've bought 8 Cars from the same Salesman)... they also wouldn't sell me a car that had been in an accident... My dad knows the owner of the dealer and is friends with a few staff members... When we buy a used GM from the dealer they give us the full Carfax Report and the GM Build Sheet that includes a warranty claim history, It's good to be able to buy and have confidence you're not being screwed.

Why not the G5 coupe? Infinitely more attractive vehicle...plus it's a coupe!

Why not the G5 coupe? Infinitely more attractive vehicle...plus it's a coupe!

4-Doors are a must for me... Very often I have more than one other person in the car with me, with a coupe the whole entry/exit thing is clunky, besides, you can't get an off-lease coupe up here.

Oh man, vonVee, I hope you can get it. The Delta cars are much nicer than the J-bodies. It will serve you well for years, no doubt. Keep us posted on the outcome.

Oh man, vonVee, I hope you can get it. The Delta cars are much nicer than the J-bodies. It will serve you well for years, no doubt. Keep us posted on the outcome.

Will Do. I don't really need it to last for more than a few years, when I can move up the Impala, but until then I just need something under warranty. I would definitely invest in those Goodyear TripleTred Tires for it though, We're doing the same thing with the Impala and Malibu... They're well worth the cost. I had them put on my Cavalier last year and the car rides like-well a car that's not a compact, they're great in the snow.

at first, i looked at the pics and thought "4 door G5? wtf?" then i realized your a canadian :P

10K for a new car thats NOT a subcompact? thats awesome bro... good for you! hope everything works out

your a lot more practical than me... i dont carry anyone in my car besides my GF, so i try to stay 2 door :)

at first, i looked at the pics and thought "4 door G5? wtf?" then i realized your a canadian :P

:lol:

Since the beginning of Time Canada has been a safe haven for infidel Pontiac rebadges

Off the Top of My Head

1967-71 Acadian (Rebadged Novas and Chevelles)

Pontiac Tempest (Corsica Rebadge)

Pontiac Wave (Aveo Rebadge)

G5 Sedan

Sunfire Sedan from 2003-2005

Pontiac Firefly (Metro Rebadge)

Pontiac LeMans (Korean Opel Kaddett Thing)

Pontiac Acadian (Chevette Rebadge)

Pontiac Montana SV6 2007-2008

Guess W. will have to invade Canada to capture the "Badge Engineering Infidels"

Very nice Veez....go for it!

I like the silver, that happens to be the color of my Balt. :AH-HA_wink:

For everything including trade in, it seems to be a good deal. :yes:

Besides tires, the only other thing I would invest in- A nice (but cheap) set of rims....

The G5 wheel covers are worst than the Cobalts.......

Very nice Veez....go for it!

I like the silver, that happens to be the color of my Balt. :AH-HA_wink:

For everything including trade in, it seems to be a good deal. :yes:

Besides tires, the only other thing I would invest in- A nice (but cheap) set of rims....

The G5 wheel covers are worst than the Cobalts.......

When I Spring for Tires I might put stock 16s on it.

When I Spring for Tires I might put stock 16s on it.

stock 16s?

W5269big.png

Add put in Pontiac Center Caps... and it becomes a G5 Wheel.

W5269big.png

Add put in Pontiac Center Caps... and it becomes a G5 Wheel.

Ah, very nice..... :yes:

Works much better.

vonVee, you can't. Your G5 has a 4-lug hub, those are for a 5-lug.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room