My local B-P-G dealer is closing May 30

My local (literally right around the corner from where I live), small-time Buick-Pontiac-GMC dealer is closing per GM, at least that's what I was told today by the business manager. About a month ago, I noticed the inventory of older cars & trucks stored in the back of the dealership were missing. Then I noticed the used car inventory became smaller and smaller each passing week; the new vehicle inventory didn't seem to get any larger either (I noticed that the 4 G8 GT sedans they received apparently are their last new car deliveries; only one sold, the other 3 are still there with AMP stickers on them for $3k each <_< ). Then on Saturday as I was passing the dealership I saw the big, bright red FOR SALE sign. The delayed call today confirmed the dealership is closing after 24 years of existence. The business manager stated that GM was no longer interested in having a BPG dealership in this area and were closing them down. I asked if the franchise was being sold, and she replied "No". The remaining used cars will sold off and she's not sure what will happen to the unsold new inventory (probably be sold to other local dealers?). She said to keep an eye out in the local newspapers for a big "blow-out" sale soon. Seeing as how GM is willing to relieve me of my Envoy lease's last two payments (June & July, all that I have left), maybe I'll visit them during the sale and see what I can work out :AH-HA_wink: I'm sad they're closing, as I've been using their service dept for the last two years and have been VERY satisfied. I'll now need to find a new BPG dealership to use for service (assuming we stay with a Buick, Pontiac, or GMC vehicle when the Envoy lease goes back).

Now I need to find out if the much smaller Pontac-Cadillac dealership two towns over is closing. They are the ones with the white '87 GP LE parked in the garage I posted about a week ago. I can't imagine GM would keep them open much longer, seeing as how they had 5-6 new Pontiac vehicles and 3-4 new Cadillacs. <shrug>

Anyone else know of their local GM dealership closing?

Oh sure, no one gave a crap when I posted about a dealer closing, just because it was a Dodge dealership. <_<

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I still don't give a crap. :P

My local (literally right around the corner from where I live), small-time Buick-Pontiac-GMC dealer is closing per GM, at least that's what I was told today by the business manager. About a month ago, I noticed the inventory of older cars & trucks stored in the back of the dealership were missing. Then I noticed the used car inventory became smaller and smaller each passing week; the new vehicle inventory didn't seem to get any larger either (I noticed that the 4 G8 GT sedans they received apparently are their last new car deliveries; only one sold, the other 3 are still there with AMP stickers on them for $3k each <_< ). Then on Saturday as I was passing the dealership I saw the big, bright red FOR SALE sign. The delayed call today confirmed the dealership is closing after 24 years of existence. The business manager stated that GM was no longer interested in having a BPG dealership in this area and were closing them down. I asked if the franchise was being sold, and she replied "No". The remaining used cars will sold off and she's not sure what will happen to the unsold new inventory (probably be sold to other local dealers?). She said to keep an eye out in the local newspapers for a big "blow-out" sale soon. Seeing as how GM is willing to relieve me of my Envoy lease's last two payments (June & July, all that I have left), maybe I'll visit them during the sale and see what I can work out :AH-HA_wink: I'm sad they're closing, as I've been using their service dept for the last two years and have been VERY satisfied. I'll now need to find a new BPG dealership to use for service (assuming we stay with a Buick, Pontiac, or GMC vehicle when the Envoy lease goes back).

Now I need to find out if the much smaller Pontac-Cadillac dealership two towns over is closing. They are the ones with the white '87 GP LE parked in the garage I posted about a week ago. I can't imagine GM would keep them open much longer, seeing as how they had 5-6 new Pontiac vehicles and 3-4 new Cadillacs. <shrug>

Anyone else know of their local GM dealership closing?

Phillips in Laguna Hills was a Mazda-Buick-Pontiac store.....(yeah....wierd combo.)

They just dropped Buick and Pontiac and are now an exclusive Mazda store!

I have a feeling GM probably pressured them.....sure they wanted Buick and Pontiac away from there......but damn it's surprising the dealer agreed to lose all that service business to just rely on Mazda.....

Either GM paid them a &#036;h&#33;load of money to re-align the brands with GMC somewhere near......or it's a more scary testament to the strength (or lack thereof) of those GM brands here in southern Orange County these days......<ugh>

To date....I haven't seen a replacement for Buick and/or Pontiac in south O.C......

Edited by The O.C.

Sad, even if they are one of the "lovely" places that gets a decent G8 inventory yet insists on AMP insanity.

No place near me, either at home in DE or here in the Philly suburbs has closed recently to my memory. Closest thing was our favorite local "GM store" at the beach in DE being sold by the owner to the son of a New England dealer "auto mall" chain in February. Doesn't seem like a bad thing so far, just pricing and advertising differences...and the loss of the legendary name.

Being that GM really wants BPG stores to exist, odd that this one is going away...especially with a stranger Cadillac-Pontiac store nearby. Are there any other BPG-only places very close by?

Being that GM really wants BPG stores to exist, odd that this one is going away...especially with a stranger Cadillac-Pontiac store nearby. Are there any other BPG-only places very close by?

No, there are no others close by (a new dilemma for me if we purchase a new Buick, Pontiac, or GMC). The next closest one is approximately 20-25 miles away, and that's too far out of my way (FC Kerbeck in Palmyra, NJ). I leased my Envoy from Burns BPG, which is around 20 miles away, but I wasn't happy with their service dept or there inconvenient location (Marlton, outside of Cherry Hill). Unless GM is closing this small-time dealer only to offer the franchise to another person who will build a much bigger store in one of the developing towns nearby, I will have to drive out of my way to get a new Buick, Pontiac, or GMC. Time will tell.

Just out of curiousity, is there any way to tell GM "officially" how disappointed I am with this decision? I mean there's no other local BPG dealership nearby, yet there's three Chevrolet dealerships all within a 10-mile radius! :rolleyes:

Just out of curiousity, is there any way to tell GM "officially" how disappointed I am with this decision? I mean there's no other local BPG dealership nearby, yet there's three Chevrolet dealerships all within a 10-mile radius! :rolleyes:

SURE...you could lodge a complaint with one of the many call centers. If anything, maybe they'll give you some kind of a coupon for being unhappy :AH-HA_wink:

That really does stink. Now it seems like, for you, it would be like us with a Saturn...there's a dealer "there" but it's half an hour away. Nothing like the Chevy and BPG dealers in multiple directions, within 15-20 minutes, here. When this is significant enough, it really plays a big factor in what you'll buy...because if you ever need service, etc. no one wants a roadtrip.

Chevy sells really well in my area along with Toyota. (really not that good compared to Chevy) The Pontiac, Nissan, BMW dealer in my town used to five years ago almost be full of Pontiac's now they have barely 20. Going from 65 or 70 to 20 in just six or seven years is scary. But I doubt they will take Pontiac away from them. The closest other dealer that sells Poncho in my dealer Tills south of DBQ in Bellevue although I haven't bought any cars there since my Impala. Tills is a small town family owned dealership with Chev, Buick, and Pontiac they used to have Olds. (I got killer deals on my last two cars or I wouldn't have gotten them... Wife is a hard sell...) My dealers in my area...

Buick, Cadillac, Honda, GMC Truck - Richardsons - Dubuque, IA - (went there for years for service when I didn't drive to Tills 20 miles away, lost the good serivce dept.) **my dad got his two Caddy's there**

Chevrolet - Bird - Dubuque, IA - (nice size Chev dealer lots of people that support the private schools in town buy there, all there kids graduated/go to private schools along with my kids) **When I went there to get an Impala they didn't wanna sell me the car I wanted so I walked...** Nothing against them but I know people who worship Bird Chevrolet.

Chevrolet, Buick - Runde - East Dubuque, IL - (huge dealer with at least 5 Corvettes at a time and over 400 new trucks!, my brother got his Impala LTZ there)

Toyota, Scion, Lincoln, Mercury - Andersen Weber - Dubuque, IA - (closet to my house ironically, they snooker old folks to trade Sables in for Camry's those bastards...) **Never bought a car there my son goes to highschool with there son (a year younger), my son always say carry better cars and we might get one from you!**

Pontiac, BMW, Nissan - Kruse-Watherm - Dubuque, IA - (the one I talked about perviously)

Ford, Kia, Jeep, Chrysler - Mike Finnin - Dubuque, IA - (not a very big Ford dealer but huge Chrysler/Jeep selection... and lots of nice used cars!)

Ford - Victory - Dyersville, IA - (huge lots of trucks 20 miles west of Dubuque)

Dodge - Turpin - Dubuque, IA - (good-sized Dodge dealer)

Dodge - Tauke - Dyersville, IA - (small Dodge dealer)

Hyundai - Cal-Cars - Dubuque, IA - (keeps getting bigger)

Buick, Chevrolet, Cadillac, Pontiac, Dodge, Chrylser, Jeep - Brad Deery - Maquoketa, IA - (lots of trucks and used cars got my Bonneville here...)

GMC Truck, Lincoln, Mercury - Rotman Motors - Maquoketa, IA - (small dealer)

Ford - Herb Green - Cascade, IA - (small dealer) **my wifes side of the family gets Ford here also the town my wife grew up in**

Cherolet, Buick, Pontiac - Bellevue, IA - (small dealer, I have been getting my cars serviced here into the mid 90's then went to Richardsons and came back in 2001 when I got my Impala there... When I got my SLE I took it to Deery until the Warrenty was up, my dad got over 4 cars there I have gotten two, the only dealer I go for service now is here)

Mistu, Subaru, Mazda - Rileys - Dubuque, IA - (used to carry Olds, lots of old Old's people in Subies...)

That is about it in my area, there are more I missed but these are the ones I actually drive by sometimes and some more than others...

**I hope I never see Tills close like you have seen your small town BPG close it would be real sad for me, and they play a vital role in the small town community.** I hope GMC Truck Guy that doesn't stop you from buying fine GM products...

Edited by gm4life

It's a blood bath around here. About 6 GM stores and about as many Ford and Chrysler stores have closed in the area over the past few years. Many, many more are going down.

There's a B-P-GMC store up the highway from me, it's been there at least since '90- seems healthy (tho I note that in the last 6 months or so, the long 'front line' of vehicles, which was ALWAYS half trucks, is now 100% cars).

There was a larger Chevy dealer about 5 miles from me and it closed down this year, but the franchise very well may have sold, because a new Chevy dealer just opened up across the street from the B-P-GMC dealer (same owner- also owns separate FoMoCo & Cadillac dealers).

Cadillac, HUMMER, and Chevrolet are now one dealership in Bellevue, WA.

Bellevue's BPG dealership needs to be torn down/rebuilt or put out of its misery. The Dealership is an eyesore across from Downtown Bellevue and within eyesight of The Bravern where the new Neiman Marcus store is being built. To make matters worse, all dealerships in Bellevue are put to shame when compared to the new ultra-luxury Bellevue Lexus dealership just built a few blocks down from the Bellevue BPG dealer.

If they closed the BPG store, I'd just go up to Kirkland. Even then, that's not ideal. It's a Pontiac-GMC store (by design) and acts as if it sells Buicks on the side. The dealership could also use some updating, but it's no where near as bad as Bellevue's.

Same things been happening around here. Crabtree Cadillac-Olds is gone, Mauro Motors (a Buick.Pont/GMC dealer) now only sells BMW/M-B, Cherney Pontiac closed, and the local Pontiac-Nissan dealer sold its franchise to Milford Buick Pontiac GMC (where we bought our Pontiac) last year.

Oh sure, no one gave a crap when I posted about a dealer closing, just because it was a Dodge dealership. <_<

Actually my "local" nearest Dodge dealership (Whiteside Dodge in Mt. Sterling, Ohio) is probably the best car dealership on the planet.

Were they to sell Mazda, GM, MINI, Honda or something I would by all of my future cars from them.

As it is I'll enjoy a free cup of coffee when I drop by to bull&#036;h&#33; with a few of the salespeople.

Chris

It's a blood bath around here. About 6 GM stores and about as many Ford and Chrysler stores have closed in the area over the past few years. Many, many more are going down.

Same here in Columbus...

Chris

Phillips in Laguna Hills was a Mazda-Buick-Pontiac store.....(yeah....wierd combo.)

They just dropped Buick and Pontiac and are now an exclusive Mazda store!

I have a feeling GM probably pressured them.....sure they wanted Buick and Pontiac away from there......but damn it's surprising the dealer agreed to lose all that service business to just rely on Mazda.....

Either GM paid them a &#036;h&#33;load of money to re-align the brands with GMC somewhere near......or it's a more scary testament to the strength (or lack thereof) of those GM brands here in southern Orange County these days......<ugh>

To date....I haven't seen a replacement for Buick and/or Pontiac in south O.C......

Considering that you damned Californians buy something like 5% domestic cars, it's no wonder.

It's a sad day in Mudville when there are more American cars in Havanna, Cuba than in San Fransisco, Cali...

Chris

Sad, even if they are one of the "lovely" places that gets a decent G8 inventory yet insists on AMP insanity.

Well, I stopped by yesterday briefly to see what was up. Only one salesperson on the floor (it was 5:15, and the dealership closes at 9:00 PM), the receptionist, no customers, and all the brochures I wanted :lol: There were three G8 GTs there - a gray "888" in the showroom with the AMP sticker missing now, a red one with the AMP for $3k still on it, and a white one with the red & black leather & 19" rims & summer tires upgrade without an AMP sticker (apparently there was one, but it was removed). I sat in the gray "888" one and checked it over. I left my name & phone # with the receptionist, just in case the sales manager I know there wants to offer me a "deal" on one of the remaining G8s (the wife still isn't crazy about them).

On a side note, a quick look around the dumpster (noticed a lot of boxes lined up to be thrown out) netted me a "GMC Truck Month" poster featuring the Yukon & Sierra Denali trucks and a very large GMC Acadia window cling/decal. They have GMC, Buick, and Pontiac floormats inside of the showroom - I'd like the Pontiac & GMC ones for my garage! I may have to stop by again next week when the SM is there and see if he'll give me anything else before it goes in the garbage.

No, there are no others close by (a new dilemma for me if we purchase a new Buick, Pontiac, or GMC). The next closest one is approximately 20-25 miles away, and that's too far out of my way (FC Kerbeck in Palmyra, NJ). I leased my Envoy from Burns BPG, which is around 20 miles away, but I wasn't happy with their service dept or there inconvenient location (Marlton, outside of Cherry Hill). Unless GM is closing this small-time dealer only to offer the franchise to another person who will build a much bigger store in one of the developing towns nearby, I will have to drive out of my way to get a new Buick, Pontiac, or GMC. Time will tell.

What about the store on Rt 130 in Cranberry or the one in Langhorn PA.... Peruzzi I think their name is?

Sorry to sound dumb but what is AMP?

AMP = Adjusted Market Price; it is an additional dealer mark-up over the MSRP, usually a dealer-installed sticker next to the factory window sticker. They may go by other names too, such as Adjusted Market Value (AMV). It all depends on how you're dealer wants to word ripping you off for a limited edition or brand new model available in limited quantities :rolleyes:

What about the store on Rt 130 in Cranberry or the one in Langhorn PA.... Peruzzi I think their name is?

Perrine BPG-Hummer-Saab on Route 130 North in Cranbury is way too far for me, especially if service is needed. However, my best friend from high school had purchased a new Enclave from Perrine and took another friend & his wofe there for them to get an Acadia - he knows the owner - so purchasing from them could be a possibility, but again I need some place close for warranty & regular service. I never liked dealing with Peruzzi BPG, especially when a friend of mine was ripped off by them on a used truck purchase. I'd much rather stay on the Jersey side of teh Delaware River then go to Peruzzi!

I have a feeling that GM pulled the franchise only to give to someone else that will be willing to build a newer & bigger dealership close by. FOr those of you familiar with south Jersey & Route 130, that highway is serioulsy undergoing major transformation. New shopping centers are being built on older ones that have been closed for years (see Willingboro, Delran & Cinnaminson townships for proof), and new car dealerships are being added too. Outside of Willingboro on the edge of Delran abiut 5 years ago, Dodge City & Hyundai City opened on a combined parcel - three years ago they added Chrysler, and this past November they added Jeep. The buildings are new and the inventories are packed (the Chrylser & Jeep franchises were purchased from smaller, older dealerships that were closing). Next door to them a very large Toyota dealership is being constructed - there current building is in Burlington City (about 3 miles north of their new location) and is small and congested. There is already a very large and well-to-do Chevy dealership in Delran (Barlow), so the only GM franchises that are missing in this area are Buick, Pontiac, and GMC (Cadillac is offered at the very small Ayres Cadillac-Pontiac dealership in Burlington Twp on Rt 130; I wonder since my local BPG dealer is closing, will Ayres be building a bigger dealership now?)

In my hometown, the local Chevrolet-Pontiac-Buick-GMC dealership (formerly Chevrolet-GMC, merged in the mid 90s with a Buick-Olds-Pontiac dealership a block away) has been bought by the owners of a local Ford-Lincoln-Mercury dealership and will be moving from downtown to their location along the highway and getting a new building. The downside is that the historic 1910 building they are in now will sit empty. The Ford dealership owners also have a GM dealership in another town, so I'm wondering if GM pushed them to move into a new building along the highway where they would get better business.

Edited by mustang84

• 2 weeks later...
Bellevue's BPG dealership needs to be torn down/rebuilt or put out of its misery.

If they closed the BPG store, I'd just go up to Kirkland. Even then, that's not ideal. It's a Pontiac-GMC store (by design) and acts as if it sells Buicks on the side. The dealership could also use some updating, but it's no where near as bad as Bellevue's.

Not my first choice... but I apparently got one of my wishes. I have received an email indicating Bellevue Buick Pontiac GMC is going Out of Business...

Bellevue Buick Pontiac GMC just announced that we are going-out-of-business. During the month of May we must liquidate all inventory immediately regardless of profit or loss.

Prices will be clearly marked. Wholesalers and dealers are welcome. We are not giving out prices over the phone or over the Internet. You must be at the dealership to get the special blow out prices. All you need to bring is a desire to purchase, your trade (paid off or not) and your check book in case you need it.

We wish to make you a proposal so you can see our very best bottom line price. The biggest selection of either new or pre-owned is right now...right here. 16 new Buick's, 30 new Pontiac's, 106 new GMC's, and 94 pre-owned cars, trucks and SUV's. That is a total of 244 vehicles to choose from. We hope to see you soon. To expedite your shopping process, let us know what you are interested in and we'll get back to you as quickly as possible.

http://www.gmcarsnw.com/

One more dealership account that Cobalt Group will be losing..

They have a LaCrosse Super in stock... I wonder how much they want for it? Anyway... I guess I'll be going to Kirkland for service now. Not the most convenient, but a single large dealership should be able to support all three brands on the Eastside.

Not my first choice... but I apparently got one of my wishes. I have received an email indicating Bellevue Buick Pontiac GMC is going Out of Business...

http://www.gmcarsnw.com/

One more dealership account that Cobalt Group will be losing..

They have a LaCrosse Super in stock... I wonder how much they want for it? Anyway... I guess I'll be going to Kirkland for service now. Not the most convenient, but a single large dealership should be able to support all three brands on the Eastside.

You should go for it...

You know, I would not doubt if my local Chevrolet dealer will be closing in the future. They are a very small dealership, and I know they do not do significant business and have a lot that is sadly skewed towards trucks. They have been based here in my immediate area for around fifty years now.

I have a question, on the same block, there is Morissey Pontiac/GMC and Karp Buick/SAAB/Volvo, both have a big reputation, however do you guys think GM will pressure Karp to merge Buick with Morissey or just leave them be? Morissey is actually the Long Island dealership that lost a couple of Envoys and Yukons to a speeding driver back in I'd say about 02 cause they just got the Envoys.

Well, they closed with no fanfare. I drove by a little after 6:00 PM Thursday, but the gates were already closed :rolleyes: They are usually open until 9:00 PM Mon-Thurs, so I was a little surprised. Most of the used cars have been sold; maybe 2 or 3 are left on the lot. Some lease returns are still waiting to be picked up, and they have sold off most of their inventory (though a good amount of GMCs are left, with Pontiac in second and just a few Buicks remaining). I will say other than 2 or 3 one-day ads mentioning their closing, the dealership closed without much notice. I called today just to see if they were open, but the phone just rang and rang. I drove by around 2:00 PM on the way to Taco Bell and the lot was locked. I'm assuming either GM will send carriers to pickup the remaining new inventory and/or dealers will be by starting Monday to buy the inventory (the dealer I worked for in '99-'00 did that with the Pontiac dealer that closed in Fort Washington, PA - so I guess it still is practice). If I could call out of work and watch the lot for the day, I would just to see where the inventory is going to. There is a regular cab, lonbed, Z71 4wd, SLE1 GMC Sierra 1500 that I've looked at since December/January (it's black, not one of my favorite colors). If I could manage with a 3-seater pickup (not practical), I would have seriously considered buying it before their closing. They have two G8 GT's left, and I'm sure dealers will be clamoring for them. After serving the Mount Holly/Burlington County area for 25 years, they have quietly closed.