Do you remember your car's birthday? Do you celebrate it?

Today is my Regal's 16th birthday. This morning, it had 244,073 miles on the odometer (that's almost 400,000 kilometers!)

In this period, other than stuff that normally wears out (belts, hoses, brakes, batteries), I've only fixed the following, in this order:

- exhaust donut connecting manifold to tailpipe

- water pump

- alternator

- thermostat by-pass

- 2 front wheel bearing assemblies (different times)

- tie rod ends

- 2 sensors: O2 and knock (different times)

That's it. I'll have to wax it soon. The 100 degree temps have arrived. I still like it but am not that attached to it. But it has been reliable (so folks, don't knock the W-body too hard).

Do you remember your car's birthday? Do you celebrate it?

trinacriabob-Regal.jpg

What do you consider as your car's birthday?

Build date? (My car was built in October 2002)

Or purchase date? (I bought may car at the end of May 2003)

If purchase date, my car's 5th B-day is coming up.

Congrats on your car's B-day though. :)

My car was built in 2000 (not sure of the month, how do I find that out?), so it's basically 8 years old now. I celebrate my car's birthday of me owning it, because I remember the exact day I took it home Nov. 24, 2006, although I technically purchased it on th 22nd...I remember that day as thought it was yesterday. :P I thoroughly cleaned out the car and waxed it as well as putting premium in it.

The only reason I know the exact and year month my truck was built in is because I have taken the dash apart a few times to exchange the stereo. On the dash fascia, after you have removed all of the screws and pulled it out of place, is a sticker on top of the outside of the gauge hood. It has the exact date on it; month, day, and everything. These stickers are also on the back side of the interior door handle scoops as well. I do not remember the exact day, but I do remember the month and year perfectly. :P

I would imagine you could be able to find out an exact build date from reading a VIN number as well, Dodgefan.

Edited by YellowJacket894

Hahhaah... cool.

Every new years that celebrated while I owned my

'68 Camaro I'd go sit inside the aluminum racing

seat after midnight and welcome in the new year

under the stars, a blanket of snow, car cover & all

while burning off a few fluid ounces of Sunoco 94.

I wouldnt say I celebrate but I know all of my cars birthdays.

The Caprice December of 1984.

The Bonneville September of 1980.

And last but not least the Equinox November of 2004.

Whats really bad is I remember the dates of my former cars too.

Buick Park Avenue I played with for a little while. March 1984

The 1979 Impala. April of 1979.

The 1981 Caprice. May of 1981.

The 2000 Monte Carlo. March of 2000.

I know. I need to get a life. I think the 3 old Chevrolets were made in Janesville Wisconsin so that isnt too far from me.

The Bonneville I believe is from Fairfax Kansas.

The Equinox is Ingersol Canada.

The Monte Carlo was from Oshawa Canada.

Dont know where the 1984 Park Avenue was built. I should look that up.

On another note, I still have the Doraville Assembly Doorline printout for the 1999 Venture, which was made October 16, 1998 around 9PM local time... The other vehicles never had that sort of stuff with them when we bought them so I can't say anything about any of the others.

What do you consider as your car's birthday?

Build date? (My car was built in October 2002)

Or purchase date? (I bought may car at the end of May 2003)

If purchase date, my car's 5th B-day is coming up.

Congrats on your car's B-day though. :)

Purchase date.

Order date was 3-9

Delivery date was 4-14

I was away at grad school so I picked it up in mid-May, hence it's birthday.

I always marked my GP's birthday in the 4th week of October via it's data plate date code, until I got it's papers: born 10-25 in Pontiac MI, sold new from Grossinger Pontiac in Chicago IL. I am at least her 4th owner.

Buick has no papers available, close as I can get is (based on factory production records & frame date vs. date originally sold): born in June, built in Wilmington DE, sold new from Pollino Buick-Pontiac in Ambler PA. I am at least her 3rd owner.

I have not looked into the dates for the 2500HD (no papers), but it was built in Flint MI and sold new from Malek Chevrolet in Hopewell NJ. 2nd owner.

I always marked my GP's birthday in the 4th week of October via it's data plate date code, until I got it's papers: born 10-25 in Pontiac MI, sold new from Grossinger Pontiac in Chicago IL. I am at least her 4th owner.

Another Oktober birthday! Makes me feel less alone, you know? :smilewide: