Chris_Doane

Who wants to see the 2010 Equinox interior?

57 posts in this topic

It looks to be shaping up to eventually be pretty top-notch. :thumbsup:

Edited by YellowJacket894

That's a pretty good-looking interior. It's amazing what GM can do when they put their minds to it.

Is that going to be GM's new corporate steering wheel? Insignia first, now Equinox.

Is that going to be GM's new corporate steering wheel? Insignia first, now Equinox.

Yes. Center covers vary somewhat, however.

Yes. Center covers vary somewhat, however.

That explains. I hope this thing does not weigh 2-tonnes like the Vue.

Interesting..I see they copied the wierd inward-tilted gauge surrounds from M-B and Audi...not bad, but way too much gray plastic.

It reminds me of that GMC X-Over concept interior, don't remember the name. Pretty good, though the seat material looks odd, hope that's not production.

the vents on the sides of the center stack remind me of the CTS... definatley not a bad imitation to have!

It reminds me of that GMC X-Over concept interior, don't remember the name.

The GMC Graphyte concept?

GMC_Grphyte_cpt_infulldash.jpg

Yes, that, YJ. I guess they are not terribly similar, but the Equinox's center stack would look pretty similar with a NAV screen, I think. The vents are quite similar.

The Buick Invicta pic posted today looks okay... but I think PCS is right, quite yucky indeed.

The Buick Invicta pic posted today looks okay... but I think PCS is right, quite yucky indeed.

Well, if you consider what we have had to put up with before, you see it with different eyes. :P

chevroletequinox1.jpg

I will say I have realized that I do not like the square housing for the gauges, however.

The Gauge cluster looks similar to the Camaro, centre stack like CTS ish

Well, if you consider what we have had to put up with before, you see it with different eyes. :P

chevroletequinox1.jpg

I will say I have realized that I do not like the square housing for the gauges, however.

That interior is from a 2005.

Further proof the integration of the controls on the center stack allow for more more unique and interesting designs. I like it as a while very much. Looks very expressive.

Even the newer one sucked, especially when it comes to build and materials quality...not to mention being boring.

Although the mid-cycle enhancement for the Equinox/Torrent did bring about better materials versus those used in '05, the main details and arrangement of the design went largely unchanged.

And it always looked generic to me. This has a few irks, but it has some personality, in my opinion.

I like it alot. The interior in mine isn't bad at all in my view. After-all I got it. I thought it was worlds better than the Rav-4 I drove. Here is a my 07 Torrent with MCE... I like it including the silver/chrome and ebony color combo. (Mine is a base 1SA keep in mind)

IMGP7908.jpg

IMGP7910.jpg

IMGP7909.jpg

IMGP7940.jpg

IMGP5887.jpg

IMGP5884.jpg

IMGP5885.jpg

IMGP5883.jpg

Honestly ever since the did the MCE (one reason I had to get a 2007 no 2006 Torrent was ever considered after I saw the 2007 that is why I waited so long to get a deal!)

They really aren't a bad interior (well at least for GM).

I think the gauges have a slight camaro / 80's mix to it. slightly the way lincoln went ~70's or so with the gauges, but gm's using it with their own twist.

anyone concur?

I like it alot. The interior in mine isn't bad at all in my view. After-all I got it. I thought it was worlds better than the Rav-4 I drove. Here is a my 07 Torrent with MCE... I like it including the silver/chrome and ebony color combo. (Mine is a base 1SA keep in mind)

IMGP7908.jpg

IMGP7910.jpg

IMGP7909.jpg

IMGP7940.jpg

IMGP5887.jpg

IMGP5884.jpg

IMGP5885.jpg

IMGP5883.jpg

Honestly ever since the did the MCE (one reason I had to get a 2007 no 2006 Torrent was ever considered after I saw the 2007 that is why I waited so long to get a deal!)

They really aren't a bad interior (well at least for GM).

Better than the pre MCE but that's not saying much. It doesn't look bad, but it's still ultra-cheap...don't make me bust out the photos from 2 years ago of the A-pillar coming part and the dash warped. :P

We ripped on Chrysler for making their interiors all echo each other, but it appears GM is doing the same. The spyshots aren't exactly bad looking, but they appear to be very similar to the other newest GM products.

We ripped on Chrysler for making their interiors all echo each other, but it appears GM is doing the same. The spyshots aren't exactly bad looking, but they appear to be very similar to the other newest GM products.

At least in GM's case the design is nice, though. Chrysler's are just a bunch of blocks.

My worry is that the Equinox is still too big, and likely heavy. Its competition does not look so elongated in the wheelbase, which does not bode well for fuel economy and drivability. I just hope this one is far more refined than the clunky one we have now. I also hope it has a far more useful trunk, without those huge humps over the wheels.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor