GMC Envoy?

jbartley

I don't think that's the Envoy, I think it's the GMC Lambda. Notice the six lugs just like on the Outlook spy shot, and also notice that it appears to be lower than the current Envoy. Finally a Lambda interior shot, and I'd say it looks pretty good! Also, notice the dual exhuasts... probably testing the UV8.

Maybe if somebody posted a "side-by-side" of one of these pictures to the Saturn Outlook spy pictures from TCC we'd be able to better judge whether it is the Lambda based Arcadia.

[post="34823"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

From the car connection http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/gal...ICTTGPSVIOI.jpg
http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www...voy.r34.500.jpg
From Edumds

The GMC looks shorter in wheel base but taller and with more ground clearence, especially in the rear.

I would say we have a winner!  Notice the area for dual exhaust on the Outlook.  And the placement of the rear wiper.  Also, same outside mirrors.

91z4me, you are quick with the pics!  Thanks!

[post="34831"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No problem. Going to bed now guys, I expect more pics of it fully undressed by the time I get up tomorrow!

Now I understand the talk of GMT360's possibly going away.

[post="34817"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I read that in a couple of places too? BS? Or is there any evidence?

Don't the Envoy and Trailblazer both sell enough to warrant a full redesign?

And i agree i thought it looked like the Acadia too.

I really like the looks of this GMC and the Outlook, from what you can see beyond the camo. I'll be in the market next year for a vehicle and these new Lambdas are sounding impressive as hell. Like I said in another thread, I'm glad that the Lambdas ride high like a regular SUV and not like the Chrysler Pacifica and Ford Freestyle which look like station wagons.

Ok, two questions... has the GMT-360 redo been cancelled, or delayed? Were they not suppose to hurry them up as well as GMT-900? I have read a few posts on the web in regards to this, but I don't know how reliable they are.... LAMDA is looking good, can't wait. Edited by tosil

Acadia. http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif

There's a whole nother reason why it isn't the Envoy. http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif

[post="34937"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You also hinted at this on GMI. Is there an announcement we should be looking for or a photo?

I would imagine that the GMT 360's will be redesigned but not in the LWB models. The Lambda Acadia will replace the Envoy LWB. These new Lambda models look incredible. I can't wait to see these without the camo. This Acadia looks close to production ready. GM must be getting close to an announcement since this was left unattended out in the open. AH-HA - what else should we be looking for?

Acadia. http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif

There's a whole nother reason why it isn't the Envoy. http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif

AH-HA - I think you are right - this isn't the Envoy - it is the Acadia.

How could edmunds have gotten this so wrong? Is GM also redesigning their GMT 360s at the same time as the Lamdas?

How could edmunds have gotten this so wrong?  Is GM also redesigning their GMT 360s at the same time as the Lamdas?

[post="34995"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

There is a lot of confusion about the 360s future at this point. At one time they were being set up for a redesign around 07-08.

Hopefully AH-HA can answer us clear enough to point us in the right direction without giving to much away, don't want him to get into trouble.

The exterior mirror is shaped the same as the Outlook spy shots.  These are shaping up nice... but I hope the third row is an option, not standard...

[post="34968"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Why not make it standard? It would be beter to have a delete option and not give the competition and/or car mags an oportunity to criticize GM for not give their new crossovers standard third row seating.

With the V8 option, this will give the likes of the Pacifica, Pilot, Freestyle and Hylander a run for their money. I predict huge success with these.

Wow! Love the console layout!!!! I just wish they'd do away with that bulky square steering colomn. I like the old round one's a lot better.

[post="34918"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

AH-HA - FWD platform? Edited by bdc

So if anyone wants to use their SUV for hauling stuff the rear suspension doesn't bottom out. Seems someone at GM forgot people don't actually use their SUVs to haul anything anymore.  :rolleyes:

[post="35039"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Believe it or not I own a '01 Silverado with 20k miles out of the 80k used for towing. Probably about another 30k has been used for hauling various stuff in the bed. Trust me I have used all of the trucks I've owned.

My truck sits much like this SUV does however, Ford seems to be just fine with a level suspension. I've seen several recent and older model F150/250 with full loads and no sag and they don't sit hiked up in the rear at dead stop... There are other ways to skin this cat. I think GM takes an easy engineering way out without working on leveling the suspension out and providing for sag. After all, look no further than a Z71 from the factory... level... doesn't sag with a load... why can't they do it???

Oh, I forgot the most important part of your reflex comment... I must not use my truck and that's why I bought one... And obviously since this is a unitized body SUV loosely based on a car, I expect TONS to be pulled by it! I overlooked that part in my comment :rolleyes:

What?  Spartans - what does this mean?

[post="35128"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Michigan State Spartans sports teams which are located in East Lansing, MI is near the Delta Township Lambda plant. University of Oklahoma Sooners sports teams are located in Norman, OK which is near the Oklahoma City GMT-370 plant. So it appears that Lambdas will also be going to Oklahoma City to meet up with the crossover demand, as well as for the upcoming minivans.

Michigan State Spartans sports teams which are located in East Lansing, MI is near the Delta Township Lambda plant.  University of Oklahoma Sooners sports teams are located in Norman, OK which is near the Oklahoma City GMT-370 plant.  So it appears that Lambdas will also be going to Oklahoma City to meet up with the crossover demand, as well as for the upcoming minivans.

[post="35154"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense now.

YAH WOO HOO GO SPARTAINS WA.............. oh, sorry

Michigan State Spartans sports teams which are located in East Lansing, MI is near the Delta Township Lambda plant.  University of Oklahoma Sooners sports teams are located in Norman, OK which is near the Oklahoma City GMT-370 plant.  So it appears that Lambdas will also be going to Oklahoma City to meet up with the crossover demand, as well as for the upcoming minivans.

[post="35154"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

How could edmunds have gotten this so wrong?  Is GM also redesigning their GMT 360s at the same time as the Lamdas?

[post="34995"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

How could "Edmunds get it wrong?"

The statement makes more sense phrased "How could Edmunds ever get anything right?"

How could "Edmunds get it wrong?"

The statement makes more sense phrased "How could Edmunds ever get anything right?"

[post="35238"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I emailed Edmunds this morning concerning their error and still haven't heard back. It will be interesting to see if/when they change the title of the spy pic to being the Acadia. Edited by boblutzfan

I'm still trying to figure out how the bowties figure in this mix but if this is headed where I hope it is it really makes a lot of sense.

I emailed Edmunds this morning concerning their error and still haven't hear back.  It will be interesting to see if/when they change the title of the spy pic to being the Acadia.

[post="35241"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Never stop a fool from making a fool out of themself.

Just watch and avoid.