Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Whats Your Favorite Fast Food Drive Thru?

Culvers by far though calling it fast food is a bit of a stretch. At least there is quality to their stuff and it hasnt been sitting under a heat lamp. Making me hungry for a double cheeseburger.

For burgers, Steak and Shake, but it's kinda expensive, IMO. Arby's is good also.

We don't have Steak and Shake here.....do they serve steak too? Hope thats not a dumb question.

And you have me craving Arby's, there aren't many here, so I don't think of them for the drive thru....

For burgers, I like In and Out...I also like Jack in the Box

(In and Out has a neat animation intro page on their website with a lot of '60s Dodge Darts and '50s Ford trucks going thru their drive thru).

Edited by moltar

For burgers, I like In and Out...I also like Jack in the Box

(In and Out has a neat animation intro page on their website with a lot of '60s Dodge Darts and '50s Ford trucks going thru their drive thru).

Do you have the In and Out website handy?

Sonic, America's Drive-in.

Link: http://www.sonicdrivein.com/

Oh man, i love Sonic, but the closest one is in PA, and as I recall there is only one :(

Otherwise, although neither of these are drive-thru, Quinozs and Subway are awesome

Arby's has the best chicken, and there shakes are awesome, but again, none close to where I live.

For burgers, Wendy's makes the best that I can easily get to, and McDonalds's snack wraps, when fresh are awesome, their fries, when fresh, are unbeatable.

The best burger I have had to date anywhere is the Ku Ku, a place in Miami, OK, that 68, myself, my girlfriend, and another friend ate at during our trip to Tulsa last year.

Spangles also makes great food, but they're only in Wichita, KS

Lastly, when I want fish, screw Burger King or McDonald's, it's Long John Silver's

Also I get coffee from Dunkin' Donuts almost every morning.

Ok I'm done :P

Edited by Dodgefan

We don't have Steak and Shake here.....do they serve steak too? Hope thats not a dumb question.

And you have me craving Arby's, there aren't many here, so I don't think of them for the drive thru....

No, they just call their hamburgers "steakburgers," hence Steak and Shake. The original Steak and Shake is about 5 minutes from my house, give or take, so that's probably one reason why they're popular around here. We have Arby's all over around here, too. I go there about once a week, usually get regular roast beef and curly fries.

That's what those items are called. Animal means sauteed chopped onion + special sauce + mustard (or cheese slice if fries). Protein = lettuce instead of bun. And they've had "protein style" since the 60s.

Edited by Croc

We ahve a very limited selection here in N.E. but I'm a Wendy's kind of guy.

The best burger I have had to date anywhere is the Ku Ku, a place in Miami, OK, that ^8, myself, my girlfriend, and another friend ate at during our trip to Tulsa last year.

Amen, I think... no I'm almost sure they either put crack or Heroin in it.

There are many Sonics in PA, and we have one close, but I haven't been there. I'll have to try it sometime. I am trying to cut down on bad foods. Croc, I am so sorry dude, but it really looks like somebody vomited on those french fries... nasty. The "protein style" burger, however, is interesting. I remember when Burger King tried serving a "low carb" Whopper... it came without a bun. I took my mom there for lunch one day, and she ordered one... then proceeded to complain when she got it: "where's the BUN???":lol:

Culver's, A&W, and Steak n' Shake are some of my favorites. I haven't been to a Sonic in years, but I should go again...last time I had it was when we lived in Kansas many years ago.

Here in CR, one of the last vintage A&W drive-ins was lost in the flood and won't be re-opening. It was mom and pop owned; kinda sad to see it go.

n16904062_37364766_6447.jpg

Do you have the In and Out website handy?

In and Out

They are in 4 Western states only, apparently (CA, AZ, NV, UT).

Another favorite burger chain that I like (no drive thru, though) is Fatburger.

Another fast food chain (no drive thru) I like a lot is L&L Hawaiian Barbeque...they are 10 states now, I remember when they were only in Hawaii (like Zippys).

Croc, I am so sorry dude, but it really looks like somebody vomited on those french fries... nasty.

Agreed. :puke:

We ahve a very limited selection here in N.E. but I'm a Wendy's kind of guy.

Amen, I think... no I'm almost sure they either put crack or Heroin in it.

Must be, those burgers un otherworldly in their goodness. Almost worth a trip there just to have one or 2. :P

Croc, I am so sorry dude, but it really looks like somebody vomited on those french fries... nasty. ???":lol:

I agree, :puke:

I don't do much fast food anymore because it's healthier and cheaper to either cook my own food or just go to a sit-down restaurant. The last place I went to was Wendy's a few months ago. They are good - a cut above McD's and BK that we normally have around here - and I am tempted to get one of their new strawberry swirl frostees. I do Quizno's and Subway every now and then, and there's a Tropical Smoothie place nearby that makes fantastic sandwiches and wraps.

I went to an In-n-Out in San Diego and I don't understand the hype. The burger I got was like your average McD's burger.

Jack in the Box is awesome. Love their fries. Everything I've ever had was made fresh. You can get breakfast anytime you want.

If you're ever in Texas, check out Taco Cabana. Not really a drive thru, but it blows Taco Bell clear out of the water.

Hey DF:

Remember how Tall-Paul said we should Fed-Ex - (er... I mean UPS-overnight)

one burger each home from the Ku-Ku Diner? Damn I wish that idea worked

other than just on paper, that really was the best freekin' burger in the world.

I'm off to lunch to eat my microwaveable pizza. <_<

Hey DF:

Remember how Tall-Paul said we should Fed-Ex - (er... I mean UPS-overnight)

one burger each home from the Ku-Ku Diner? Damn I wish that idea worked

other than just on paper, that really was the best freekin' burger in the world.

I'm off to lunch to eat my microwaveable pizza. <_<

Oh I know...I wish they were located here so bad.

I'm so hungry now!

Looks like reheated Pizza is on the menu today as well, blah.

It's all good, I've got the remedy to the brown-bag lunch blues....

LINDT chocolate for desert! 8)

All this talk of Culver's made me want it for lunch today, and I am sitting here with a tasty double cheeseburger basket. Culver's has to be one of the Top 3 burger chains in the country. Their fries are so-so (I'm not really a fan of krinkle cut fries), but the butterburgers are some of the best burgers I've ever had.

Besides McDonald's Fries, I love OutBak's Auusie cheese fries...yum yum.

YES! :drool::thumbsup:

Back on the fast-food topic, I gotta go with Chick-Fil-A. Though I find it's not popular with many Northerners, for whatever reason.

I went to an In-n-Out in San Diego and I don't understand the hype. The burger I got was like your average McD's burger.

That's strange...In-N-Out uses all beef patties that contain no flavorings or preservatives. They've also never been frozen, being delivered to the store every two days. In-N-Out does not have any freezers inside, only refridgerators.

Just thought of another one that I miss... BRAUMS

Unless they build or acquire a farm near here, they'll never make it to the PacNW by policy... :(

I don't really do much drive-through these days... nothing really interests me with the generic fast-food chains.

Checkers has the best fries out of anyone, IMO. But like all their other food, it's swimming in grease, so Checkers is a very rare treat for me. Sonic is good too, but the only one I know of is in Bridgeville, DE. A little too far out of the way for fast food.

I like Subway a lot. Their food has the potential to be pretty healthy for a fast-ish food place, and you get a lot of food for the money.

I'll hit up Smoothie King's drive-thru from time to time if I want something smoothieish and dont have time to go inside and eff around, otherwise, drive-thrus are the embodiment of everything that is wrong with this country.

That's strange...In-N-Out uses all beef patties that contain no flavorings or preservatives. They've also never been frozen, being delivered to the store every two days. In-N-Out does not have any freezers inside, only refridgerators.

I think their burgers are pretty good, but I prefer Fatburger.

Whataburger..... Fantastically Delicious.

Backyard Burgers .. Best Fast food Chili Fries

Sonny's ... Babaqooo Delite. I honestly go there to take a look at a gorgeously hot African American beauty with an equally stunning voice. Beyonce looks plain and jane in comparison. <_<

And there is always Taco Hell. Not for the food taste, but for the convenience. It is open all the frickin time.

I'm so hungry now.

There is nothing like good fast food. I eat healthy most of the time, but sometimes you just need to have some good ol'fashioned all American good tasting fast food. Heck there is some protein there, tomatoes, lettuce, potatoes, sounds like health food to me....and it's so frickin fast. I wish those drive-in type A&Ws would make a comeback...a great way to eat AND show off your car.

What's jungle fever?