CTS Comes in 5th in Jalopnik's "10 most Beautiful Cars"

Ten Most Beautiful Cars Currently for Sale

2008-Cadillac-CTS-Lateral-View.jpg

The CTS comes in 5th after two Alfas, the DB9, and a Maserati. Only American on the list. Honestly, that the CTS is playing in this league in terms of attractiveness says a lot about how far Cadillac has come.

Dr. Jeckl:

Good job GM, this is great news, talk about "luxury car market" :)

-------

Mr Hyde:

Today's GM just can NOT live with a good thing for long, so just

in case this Cadillac model was on any Mercedes Benz' fans

list of cars to check out GM has a team of lackeys working hard

to make sure that the big, fat cheap B-pillar ruins the coupe

just enough to make it an ALMOST-ran competitor to the CLK &

on par with other cheap modern $h!boxes... glued in rear side

window glass & thick, gross plastic window frames inside.

And don't you worry... if GM can manage it, they'll switch the

entire Cadillac lineup to the FWD-only, freshly retooled ultra

inexpensive "W-body II" platform by 2023, and then we'll have

a fantastic lineup of luxury cars that will even rival Buick's

impressive collection of FWD-snore-mobiles.

We'll have to eliminate the CTS 2 door sedan & wagon since

they clearly will not make money, so that leaves the 4 door, a

taller by 2", longer by 3.2" & wider by 1.5" & 3 cubic feet of

extra interior room... "BROUGHAM LUXURY SEDAN HIGHLINE

TOURING" (BLSHT) and lets not forget the BRAWNY ACTIVITY

& RECREATIONAL FREESTYLE (BARF) "crossover" based on the

same platform for a total of THREE models.

Please try to contain your excitement!

I find the Alfa Brera, Citroen C6, and Fiat 500 to be fairly repulsive. I suppose I could live with them, but I find it odd that someone thinks they would be beautiful.

The Audi is a nice elegant car, and I would own one in a heartbeat, but I feel there are more beautiful cars available. I think the CTS qualifies more as a "beautiful" car than the Audi does, even though I would own the Audi over it.

The Ferrari F430 not being on that list is baffling to me.

I agree with all of that except for the XK (shouldn't be on the list), RS6 (too vulgar), and 8C Competizione (looks nice, like a jumped up Solstice, but not first place worthy).

I love the Brera, C6, DB9 (DBS even more), and CTS.

Honestly there are so many good looking cars out there it's difficult to put them in a list.

Edited by empowah

Cool list..I would left off the Audi wagon and added the Merc CLS (most beautiful Benz today, IMHO) and the Maserati Quattroporte. I like the Citroen design...ultramodern, and the Alfa Brera is a beauty, IMHO.

The only merit in discussing whether Car X should or should not be on The List is if you are willing to substitute this guy/guys opinion over your own. Lists based totally on subjective opinion are pointless ego-strokes.

That said, the inclusion of the fiat & the citroen on anyone's list involving the idea of beauty is a friggin laugh-riot.

I actually like the Citroen. :P

I remember when Clarkson was testing the C6 on TG...he was shocked by how normal it was, lacking in Citroen wierdness.....he made a funny comment that the shift lever should be an asparagus stalk coming out of the A-pillar, IIRC.. :) It's a slick looking car..I'm looking forward to seeing one in person next time I'm back across the pond.

I remember when Clarkson was testing the C6 on TG...he was shocked by how normal it was, lacking in Citroen wierdness.....he made a funny comment that the shift lever should be an asparagus stalk coming out of the A-pillar, IIRC.. :) It's a slick looking car..I'm looking forward to seeing one in person next time I'm back across the pond.

I was absolutely amazed by the suspension of the C6 when he tested it at the horse-track. It was especially hilarious putting the BMW 5 through the same test too.

The FIAT 500 is an interesting pick, but I happen to love that little car, and it's great to see the little 'econo-box' make it onto a list such as this. The Cadillac deserves to be on this list, and GM should be proud.

Definition of a beautiful car must be changing in some circles.

The only two beautiful cars on this list are the Aston Martin and the Alfa Romeo.

Most are interesting or assertive designs but not beautiful

The Cadillac CTS is not beautiful. It's an attractive car, yes. Would I want to own one? Of course.

Definition of a beautiful car must be changing in some circles.

The only two beautiful cars on this list are the Aston Martin and the Alfa Romeo.

Most are interesting or assertive designs but not beautiful

The Cadillac CTS is not beautiful. It's an attractive car, yes. Would I want to own one? Of course.

Beauty is definitely in eye of the beholder... I love the styling of the CTS, but it's bold and brash more than conventionally beautiful, IMHO....

The Aston DB5, V8 Vantage, DBS, the Alfa Brera and 8C, the Jag XK, the Maserati Quattroporte and Gran Turismo, Merc CL, CLS, and SL are my picks for the beautiful cars of 2009.

I generally don't find the current Lambos or Ferraris 'beautiful' per se, the last Ferrari that I really liked as far as the styling was the F360..the F430 was a step backward styling-wise, IMHO..

Edited by moltar

I don't like Alfas, I can see the 8C thing being on there, (Jeremy Clarkson loves that car) but not number 1. I think the XF looks better than the XK, and the Aston Martin DBS should be on the list also, but maybe they didn't want 40% of the list to be Astons/Jags which look similar.

Really? All the new Ferraris look pretty barftastic in their red and plastic and stupid yellow painted caliper misery, IMO.

The other Ferrari models are pretty off-putting, but I really do like the body of the F430. It is nearly perfect in shape IMHO.

I love the Pagani Zonda, although the colors they always show it in are bad. Like the two-tone color.

In solid darker colors it is the most beautiful car there is:

paganizonda1t.jpg

Sounds like a good time to cancel it and sell more FWD!!!!

LMFAO!!!

My thoughts entirely!

I guess we can be happy while it lasts, because it appears that this small bubble in GM design just popped with the forthcoming Cruze and Lavicta.

Guess that rumor I heard about all work in NA being frozen held some merit.

• 2 months later...

The Fiat 500? Brera, maybe could be

considered desirable but while it is a

cute little retro car that no doubt

will do great in the EU market, the

Fiat 500 ver.2.0 is NOT beautiful.

That disgusting Citroen takes any

amount of legitimacy out of this list.

That car is so disgusting, so repulsive

& so badly proportioned one wonders

what kind of drugs the designers were

on when they threw up all over a

blue-print sheet & sent it to be made

into a production car.

As far as the Aud R8 that ugly, stupid

panel-wagon-blockout suicide door

slab of empty space behind the door

is an ugly distraction to an otherwise

nice design that HAD potential.

The CTS comes in 5th after two Alfas, the DB9, and a Maserati. Only American on the list. Honestly, that the CTS is playing in this league in terms of attractiveness says a lot about how far Cadillac has come.

True.

Too bad the new FWD-SRX is two steps back. <_<

What's with all the hate on the Citroen... a car that zero of you have seen in person?

It's much much more attractive in person. It the photos seem to have a bad case of GMPhotographyitis.

If you lived in Europe and had never seen an Aztek anywhere but pictures, would you need to see it in person to determine if it was ugly or not?

I don't hate the Citroen...From what I understand it has a lot of redeeming qualities...but I have seen many pictures and even videos regarding the car, and it is quite ugly.

I love the C6 and certainly think it is beautiful, but then I have always found low-nosed, aerodynamic cars far more attractive than cars with blunt, upright front ends. The CTS is certainly my favorite in the latter category, though.

The C6's hood did help it get a four star passenger safety rating, but this is because it pops up slightly on impact to cushion the blow.

Citroen has produced some very interesting cars over the years,

some awkward, some (built before my time) revolutionary and

some just plain strange... only a select few are "beautiful" and

fewer still of their modern cars are anything but ugly.

This thing is so awkwardly deformed it looks like the Chinese

tried to out-Toyota Toyota.

If you lived in Europe and had never seen an Aztek anywhere but pictures, would you need to see it in person to determine if it was ugly or not?

...I have seen many pictures and even videos regarding the car, and it is quite ugly.

Eeeeee-xactly. :pokeowned:

Well, to each his own. I would probably choose the Caddy over the Citroën because of the more interesting interior, but just judging from exterior styling I'd take the C6 without a second thought. I just love everything about it, the concave rear window, the sloping hood, the fastback profile... it's just perfect to me. Its cushy hydro-pneumatic ride is also extremely tempting.