cletus8269

ummm... what?

47 posts in this topic

how are the gas stations treating people abroad? well here in south carolina my butthole is plum sore. gas went from 3.36 to 4.00 overnight. why? because of a hurricane that has just made land fall.

luckily the state has acted by issuing a law for a change

Nothing but gouging. Oil is at $101/bbl and RBOB wholesale gasoline is $2.77. Wholesale gas has been in the 2.65 - 2.79 range all week.

And many gas stations had lines in the streets......

I know everyone wants to hate on them, but the panicky masses make it way too easy for the oil companies to pull this kind of crap.

I know everyone wants to hate on them, but the panicky masses make it way too easy for the oil companies to pull this kind of crap.

Yep.

I have enough gas for the weekend...so i'm not going to sweat it.

I'll ride my bike to work if I have to...... :yes:

This hike is actually somewhat legitimate. Ike has not been kind to the Gulf Coast at all...

The price hasn't increased AT ALL on the wholesale market. Oil has gone down.

Oil peaked at $147 a barrel in mid-July. Last week it was trading around $103. We were paying $1.36 a litre (about $5.50 of your gallons) in mid-July. Oil at the barrel-head has dropped 43% (147 to 103), yet last week we were paying $1.23 a litre ( a drop of 11%, according to my math) WTF? Oil spokespersons declared that the drop at the barrel-head was for 'October futures,' which takes time to filter through the supply line.

YEAH, THEN WHY THE F$%K DID GAS JUST SHOOT BACK UP TO 1.36 OVER NIGHT BECAUSE OF HURRICANE IKE? Wouldn't it take a month or so to makes its way through the 'supply-lines?'

There is some serious $h! happening here and somebody has to put some people in jail over this. I'm all for the free-market and all, but there is definitely some price fixing going on here. I am sick of this.

By my math, we should be paying about a $1 a litre.

It's the same in Australia, although taxes inflate the price. Motoring organisations (the equivalent of AAA) are perpetually screaming for the government to lock someone up about it, but nothing effective is ever done. Consider yourselves lucky the US has many more refiners supplying fuel and growing biofuel supplies or it would be even worse. Yet another reason to buy a Volt, just to — the bastards.

Exactly, just like every panicked jackass who (here in New England)

runs to the supermarket to buy 12 gallons of water & a bunch of

canned food when it is reported that we will get 4" of snow.

Exactly, just like every panicked jackass who (here in New England)

runs to the supermarket to buy 12 gallons of water & a bunch of

canned food when it is reported that we will get 4" of snow.

:lol:

It went from $3.45 to $3.68 around here overnight. Thanks alot BP!

that's pretty much what happened here... but it was over a couple hours during the day i believe.

True.

But, I always find it irritating that when something bad happens, gas prices shoot up within seconds...or in anticipation of the event.

Yet, when something GOOD happens, it takes days/weeks for the gas prices to follow suit....

*shakes head*

I filled up at $3.67 Thursday night. Friday night it was at $3.99 for regular.

There is some serious $h! happening here and somebody has to put some people in jail over this. I'm all for the free-market and all, but there is definitely some price fixing going on here. I am sick of this.

By my math, we should be paying about a $1 a litre.

Here Here!

Just filled the wife's car up for $3.87/gal, which was the lowest price I've seen in the past few days.

BTW, Maximas take premium. :)

How much over $4?

In some spots in this area...gas is at $4.40....others are selling it for $4.10. Quite a difference in price, I'd say....

*shrugs*

How much over $4?

In some spots in this area...gas is at $4.40....others are selling it for $4.10. Quite a difference in price, I'd say....

*shrugs*

Depends..I've seen it at 4.49, mostly 4.19 tight now....

The conversion posted earlier is not quite correct.

Current Toronto prices are around 1.36, here's the conversion that Google gave me, which is right when I double-check it.

1.36 (Canadian dollars / l) = 4.83531664 U.S. dollars / gal

Search I used was: "1.36 cad/l to usd/gal"

The conversion posted earlier is not quite correct.

Current Toronto prices are around 1.36, here's the conversion that Google gave me, which is right when I double-check it.

1.36 (Canadian dollars / l) = 4.83531664 U.S. dollars / gal

Search I used was: "1.36 cad/l to usd/gal"

if it's kept cad it's about 5.16 ? price x 3.8L/gal

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead