Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ToniCipriani

New Buick Regal in China

39 posts in this topic

Because Pontiac will never get any Opel variants.

Why not? Pontiac already gets Holden variants, Daewoo variants, Toyota variants, Chevy variants...

Edited by moltar

Why not? Pontiac already gets Holden variants, Daewoo variants, Toyota variants, Chevy variants...

Pontiac is getting a rebadge of the next Chevrolet Malibu.

Pontiac is getting a rebadge of the next Chevrolet Malibu.

That's stupid. Another lame decision like the G3. I thought GM was getting past the rebadging nonsense in the US...I guess not.

Edited by moltar

That's stupid. Another lame decision like the G3. I thought GM was getting past the rebadging nonsense in the US...I guess not.

I hope that Pontiac getting a rebadge of the Chevrolet Cruze makes you feel better. :neenerneener::smilewide::duck:

Edited by Toyota.vs.GM

I hope that Pontiac getting a rebadge of the Chevrolet Cruze makes you feel better. :neenerneener::smilewide::duck:

Not really. It's sad to see a once proud brand turned into nothing but rebadged rental cars...

Not really. It's sad to see a once proud brand continuing to be nothing but rebadged rental cars...

fixed ;)

fixed ;)

True..it's been going on for a long time...

...it's an Insignia with a new nose.

How will this be marketed in China: below the LaCrosse? I'd say the 2 cars are too close to one another for the US market, but do you guys think it could work? :scratchchin:

Edited by ZL-1

How will this be marketed in China: below the LaCrosse? I'd say the 2 cars are too close to one another for the US market, but do you guys think it could work? :scratchchin:

It could work if they marketed the Insignia based car as a "4-door coupe" and the Invicta based design as a midsize sedan. My guess would be that the Insignia based model would have less passenger/cargo room due to its shorter wheelbase and coupe-like profile. The Invicta based design seems to be more upright and appears as though it will have passenger/cargo room similar to more mainstream midsize sedan models (as well as a longer wheelbase). Maybe the Insignia based car could be used to try to draw younger buyers into Buick showrooms.

I personally think the Insignia sedan would make a nice Pontiac Grand Prix, but PCS has already stated that it will never happen.

Edited by cire

It looks like a MKZ.

The concept looked so much better, and even the US spec car has a better nose.

Is the US getting this? It looks like it could slot beneath the new LaCrosse. It'll be a good car that can help revitalize the Buick brand.

It looks like a MKZ.

The concept looked so much better, and even the US spec car has a better nose.

I was thinking more along the lines of a Mercury Milan... wait... they're the same cars... never mind...

I am surprised: not bad looking with a Buick grille. Maybe Saturn will get the smaller cars and progressively align with BPG, eventually replacing the 'P'.

Edited by ZL-1

Might as well send it here, though I can't say it looks that great.

Looks better as a Buick than as an Opel. Still not a fan, though. The side vent looks terrible. Can we please have some portholes instead?

Hmmmm. Well maybe there is something class leading about how it drives or its interior.

Hmmmm. Well maybe there is something class leading about how it drives or its interior.

Doubtful, but possible.

But that's not enough.

My money is on "no" here.

The Regal = the Insignia, just with different trim and badging. The interior will most likely be the same, as will it's driving dynamics.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0