Northstar

If you still have any doubt a Camaro is coming...

139 posts in this topic

Alright, now I'm thinking this is less of an elaborate hoax and something closer to being real. Good find Northie!

It will be called Camaro. If you continue reading on like page 4 or 5 guionM said something like "I'll be in Detroit to see the Camaro concept debut."

Eroding profits, sliding marketshare, a company in healthcare crisis....yet lets pay our people to draw names out of a hat? :shakes head:

Thanks for posting this Northie. This is the first time I've truly felt confident in the possibility of a Camaro debut. :) Between this and the production Pontiac news, I CAN'T WAIT for the auto show season to begin!

Eroding profits, sliding marketshare, a company in healthcare crisis....yet lets pay our people to draw names out of a hat?

:shakes head:

[post="38790"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Josh sent you a PM. Write back when you get a chance.

This is a good find :cheers: This all seems pretty serious in terms of Camaro or future pony car news. Edited by nzr

Interesting indeed.

But, where'd Fbodyfather get the names? Did people send their names in to be considered from these "various sites"? And, how are people deemed "enthusiast" (i.e. what is the definition of or criteria to be an enthusiast)?

Oddly, I'm even more suspicious....

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html
"You've made a fool of everyone" ... Jet ... 'Look What You've Done'

He gave the criteria for being selected in a later post which explains who had the chance to have their name drawn.

Saw that just now ... here it is, in case ya'll didn't see it as I hadn't to begin with.... "Your name was on the list if: >you post regularly >you have a Camaro or Firebird >you haven't been banned >you show enthusiasm for the Camaro and Firebird. We looked at 5 sites plus the presidents of clubs/websites" Sounds a bit elitist, but as he mentioned, there really is no completely fair way to determine who is on the list and who isn't.... Just a shame that Impala and Monte Carlo enthusiasts don't have something similar to look forward to at this point.... *sighs*

But, but.. Cort! You guys got a redesigned model this year! :P Sorry, dude..

What drugs you on, NOS?  Whatever they are ... I want some ;).

*chuckles devilishly*

[post="38825"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Nah, no drugs. Just pretty happy. It's been a great night. And I'm up pretty late considering I have to be up by 7:30ish to check out a college and it's gonna be a longggg day.

Nah, no drugs. Just pretty happy. It's been a great night. And I'm up pretty late considering I have to be up by 7:30ish to check out a college and it's gonna be a longggg day.

What college you checkin' out?

Heh...maybe colleges need to teach people how to question things more often ;).

Honestly none of those 250 people should be there during press days. There are enough actual working media there from all over the world to make press days an absolute mob scene. That's all thats needed is 250 additional yahoos getting in the way and filling up press conferences that are already so packed its a human car wash.

[post="38830"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree 100% with Chris Doane. If you get 250 people that have no idea about the business, what to say, how to act, in the same building as this business's elite....you're going to have problems.

Totally insane and ludracris in my eyes. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely happy a new Camaro is coming, however to invite "enthusiasts" to a "screening" of what the car might be is just plain wrong.

It proves everything that is wrong with GM. The NAIAS is nothing more than a "focus group" of Camaro owners, which it shouldn't be. Who wants some crack pot proclaiming the Camaro based off a rough concept at the North American International Auto Show?

Ludracris. I sincerely hope General Motors reconsiders. I sometimes wonder if Bob Lutz is really calling all the shots in the company.

I mean.....letting Jo Blow into the press days? C'mon now.

I said it about how they'll act. Lets face it. If they've never spoken with a Bob Lutz before.....they'll act like complete morons.

[post="38842"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The more important question is... Could I be that Jo Blow?!? :D

A week ago someone told me a Camaro would be shown at the LAIAS and NAIAS, and that it would hit showroom floors in a year or so... I didn't want to post that, figuring it would just cause more drama. But... now it seems like a possibility. I'm prepared for the worst... but I rather it not come to that! Now we just have to wait and see...

Will it be a RWD, BOF, V8, 6-speed pillarless hardtop? Let the rumor mill begin!

[post="38787"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Wow... wouldn't that be heaven on earth?

What better way to get teh buzz started an pre-orders than to bring in the group that is super hot about it. It doesn't really matter what GM does for NAIAS, a new Camaro will be sold out which is just what they need.

Well just for the record, I've seen lots of "Jo Blows" at media events. In fact alot of the press present, are from the lay media (ie., non-automotive)...and frankly don't even have the first clue.

It seems to me that the people that were picked to go to this, are the kind of people who know what to say, know how to say it and know how to act...and WHATDOYOUKNOW...they're Camaro enthusiasts as well. :AH-HA_wink:

Personally, I couldn't be happier to be one of the Camaro Jo Blows selected to go to this VERY SPECIAL unveiling. :) Thanks Fbodfather and all others involved!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead