FUTURE_OF_GM

Pontiac G8 bucks sales trend

75 posts in this topic

Like many cars for sale in the US, the G8, including the high performance GXP variant, are attracting cash-back deals of up to $A4100.

Yay?

Yay?

What vehicle in the current market doesn't have cash on the hood? Last I heard, the all-mighty Toyota is offering record rebates too. Regardless, when the rest of GM is down over 50%(while having those same rebates), even a 1% increase in sales could be considered a good thing. Yay is right.

And more to add to that, the G8's sales are up, even when people are scared to buy GM because they don't know if GM will be around 6 months from now. Last time I looked at the sales charts, the only vehicles I remember being up were the G8, Malibu retail but not total, and Vibe.

How long are people going to wait before admitting that this is a good thing?

They won't. They will keep buying their Corollas or Cobalts and look down on us because we like some fun and performance in our cars.

Never, because the G8 sucks. Pontiac sucks. They should just kill it. All they sell are rebadged Chevies and Toyotas. EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

<_<

There, did I sum up every response of every detractor? Now, in all seriousness, given no marketing and the state of the economy, the G8 isn't doing that badly. I'd be willing to wager that in a better economic climate the G8 would meet sales projections. I'm looking forward to the 2010 V6 model, which upgrades to the 3.6L DI. That should be a very interesting car.

If only there were another bodystyle (variant), I'd be there.

If there was enough money in my bank account each month, I'd go out now and buy a G8 GT model :lol:

If there was enough money in my bank account each month, I'd go out now and buy a G8 GT model :lol:

So would I if it had two less doors - or a tailgate, or a liftgate, or a drop top (and two less doors).

In all seriousness, this is solid good news. In a better economic climate, who knows how well it would do. This is clear evidence that with the right product, the Pontiac brand has a very viable place in GM's stable, and the market as a whole. I too would like to see a coupe, convertible, wagon and the erstwhile ST join the sedan... along with the Solstice, such a lineup could be all Pontiac needs to rekindle and resize the brand in this new reality.

Take heart, GM management.

They won't. They will keep buying their Corollas or Cobalts and look down on us because we like some fun and performance in our cars.

Yup.

I don't know, but it might not happen. This car is selling really well all things considered, I have some hope for Pontiac.

In all seriousness, this is solid good news. In a better economic climate, who knows how well it would do. This is clear evidence that with the right product, the Pontiac brand has a very viable place in GM's stable, and the market as a whole. I too would like to see a coupe, convertible, wagon and the erstwhile ST join the sedan... along with the Solstice, such a lineup could be all Pontiac needs to rekindle and resize the brand in this new reality.

Take heart, GM management.

Not to mention, it would consist of ZERO investment from GMNA (which was the plan anyway)

I finally saw my first G8 on the road today. All black, with the GT package, and definately a real looker that stands out.

So much better looking than a BMW.

Someone your age should have their eyes examined ... Do you really like the Aztek inspired fake hood scoops? If I had my way, it would have had the Holden fascia, which to me looks much nicer, minus the fake hood scoops ...

Someone your age should have their eyes examined ... Do you really like the Aztek inspired fake hood scoops? If I had my way, it would have had the Holden fascia, which to me looks much nicer, minus the fake hood scoops ...

With or without scoops, it trumps the dowdy BMW.

I strongly disagree ...

Imagine that!

I find all post-Bangle BMWs to be much less attractive than their predecessors.

Hahaha... listen to Pontiac Custom-S talking about the hood scoops on the G8... those VERY RESTRAINED hood scoops. Then take a look at what he drives... a Grand Prix GXP, with throwback 1970's Trans Am fender scoops. What the hell is the difference?:rolleyes:

Hahaha... listen to Pontiac Custom-S talking about the hood scoops on the G8... those VERY RESTRAINED hood scoops. Then take a look at what he drives... a Grand Prix GXP, with throwback 1970's Trans Am fender scoops. What the hell is the difference?:rolleyes:

You don't know the difference between a Trans Am and an Aztek? No wonder you work for Ford ... :smilewide:

I don't see the connection to the Aztek..the scoops clearly reference the '71-72 GTO, '69 Trans Am, '70s Firebird Formulas, etc.

I don't see the connection to the Aztek..the scoops clearly reference the '71-72 GTO, '69 Trans Am, '70s Firebird Formulas, etc.

I don't know what you see, but to me those hood scoops look very similar and non-functional ...

pontiacazteke.jpg

pontiacg8gtshowcar001.jpg

I'll stick by my statement, the Holden version looks better ...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor