Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Look what's springing up outside today...

Lamar

If I only ever own one classic car, it's going to be an Eagle.

One thing every AMC has going for it is exculsivity.

Eagles were cool...ahead of their time...had the whole crossover thing (esp. Outback/Allroad style) down 30 years ago...

For an older AMC, I wouldn't mind having a later Grand Wagoneer.

Gran Torino wagon

Rambler

Pacer

Chevelle

Impala

More that I cannot even remember. I was at a classic domestic graveyard yesterday, all the above cars were rusted to the point they were worthless. There were several 80's b-body coupes in there as well. There was a Cadillac in there that needed to be broken out and taken to a secure facility.

-Silver 1967 Lincoln Continental 4-Door Sedan with Suicide Doors and Black Leather interior. Somebody in my neighborhood uses it as a daily driver by the looks of it (will get pics later)

-Saw a nice Dark Mocha 2009 LaX CXL with the Cocoa/Cashmere Leather and Chrome Wheels (my favorite color combo)... Marked down to 25000$ CDN (like 11000$ off sticker) at a little Pontiac Buick dealer in town, they're really hurting for business, sad thing is I think they're going to go under.

(and in case anyone's wondering, yes I would rather have the 3.8L W-Body LaX optioned like that than the new LaX)

Good day today :

'427 Cobra', burnt orange, loud as hell

'68 Charger R/T, black w/ red tail stripe, gorgeous in a way nothing modern can manage.

'68-69 Corvette coupe, red, up on 4 jack stands

'65 Rambler 2-dr hardtop, black over yellow, sitting

'55 Chevy 2-dr sedan, white over red, tubbed, perfect

Squeeky clean, burgundy metallic 1980 Camaro steel-roof.

I know it was an '80 cause it had one of those fake "imitation" novelty pates on

the front that said: ''80[heart]BEAT" in a California style plate. Didn't grab my

camera fast enough.

MINT!!!! 1989 Jaguar XJ-S V12 coupe in platinum/saddle at the junkyard.

It has been awaiting a title for about 2 years, the search proved futile so

it was taken ot of the high-value cages & left out for the vultures to pick

apart. Less than a week later the doors, interior, wheels, nose, fenders,

decklid, lights & grill were gone.

The kicker...? It was perfectly drivable!!!

-------

That's a "daytona yellow" 1970 Chevelle with the SS "tuxedo black" stripes.

Could be a 350, 396 or 454 :spin:

Went to the starting event for the Copperstate 1000 road rally today, held at a baseball park in Tempe. Was a lot of fun, saw a nice variety of vintage Ferraris, Aston Martins, Rolls Royces, a 1928 Bentley, a 4dr Auburn 812 (didn't know Auburn had other bodystyles than the boattail speedster in the mid '30s), a few Mercedes, as well as some '60s Corvettes, Shelbys, and a couple Pro-Touring style musclecars ('69 Camaro, '66 GTO). I'll post a link to photos I took later, as Fotki is down currently....grrr.

Copperstate 1000

Sunday's lot tour:

goofy Elantra Touring:

100_0217.jpg

pretty cool Genesis 2.0t:

100_0218.jpg

Genesis price sticker (this car is well-equipped for the price!):

100_0219.jpg

awesome G3 SD455:

100_0225.jpg

a yellow Datsun:

100_0221.jpg

an UG LEE new Mazda 3 (that think is hideous!):

100_0222.jpg

the fairly muscular and gorgeous G8 GXP:

100_0223.jpg

the fairly muscular and gorgeous G8 GXP (am I repeating myself again?):

100_0224.jpg

nice looking '10 Fusion Sport:

100_0220.jpg

Edited by ocnblu

Yesterday passed a new silver 2009.5 G6 sedan both coming and going from work to home, at almost the same point in the road, with out of state plates.

Clearly still the same car, but the new nose looks so much more detailed and fresher than the existing flat blah-ness one, and the lower side sills and painted mirrors similarly brighten up the sometimes drab sides. All little pieces, and I've seen them on the dealer lot, but it was nice to see how much better they actually look now on the road too--or at least fresher.

A pretty funny sighting this morning...traffic was light since it's a Friday and Good Friday at that.. going down the 10 I was in the middle lane, about 70, when a couple 'Fast and Furious' kiddies blew past me, one in the left lane and one in the right, both going probably well north of 90...one of the cars was LOL lame--an early '90s teal Grand Prix 2dr with a huge F&F style wing on the decklid, white stripes that looked like duct tape, chrome speed holes on the front fenders and chrome louvers on the hood, blingy chrome wheels, and TWO fart can muffler/tailpipes..the other was a first gen Eclipse with the usual F&F style gorp attached..

I go down the road about 5 miles, and see 2 police cars on the shoulder, lights flashing...the GP is pulled over in front of them, and the Eclipse is up off the side of the road on the gravel with a blown front tire... heh heh.

This morning while I was getting a battery for the car, I happened to see a gorgeous orange Challenger R/T going down the busy street of Broadway. In a see of silver look-a likes, this thing really stands out. It has the kind of presence a classic car, or a an exotic rare. It's also only the third one I've seen in the wild, and the first I've seen in the city.

Made the black NSX I saw a little later look plebeian by comparison (although it did look very nice).

Riding around w/ my buddy in Trenton, checkin' on a few finds ~

'36 Chevy 4-dr, solid original.

'40 Chevy 2-dr sedan, dark bluw street rod, perfect.

'50 Buick Special 4-dr sedan, black, soild original but worn.

'65 Merc Breezeway 4-dr hardtop, white, super clean original.

'66 Chevelle 2-dr hardtop, green, rolling husk.

'67 Chevelle 2-dr hardtop, black over red rolling husk.

'70 El Camino, dark blue, perfect.

'70 Chrysler 300 convertible, black, excellent, one of 1077.

'72 Merc Marquis 4-dr hardtop, hideous and fetid green to boot.

Saw a few interesting oldies yesterday---first was a goregous pink w/ white top (a pale pink, not obnoxious) '55 Cadillac 4dr ht, then later a very clean Glacier Blue '68 Ford Galaxie 500 4dr sedan and a bronze early '70s Mercury Comet 2dr. Saw a white G8 GT this morning, may be the same one I've seen several times in the last 6 months.

:mind-blowing: WOW, Talk about lack of EXCITEMENT! :( those auto's are just not emotionally driving. The evoke nothing inside me to even bother looking at them again. Very sad. :(

I keep seeing friggin' Thunderbirds. The retro ones.

I've also seen EXCITEMENT!!!!!!! in all its glory.

053-1.jpg

055-1.jpg

056.jpg

057.jpg

058.jpg

060.jpg

As well as the new Insight. Certainly beats the hell out of a Prius, style wise.

062.jpg

063.jpg

066.jpg

064.jpg

068.jpg

065.jpg

On the way home, a Mercedes-Benz CLS500... with an AMG badge. :nono:

Hmmm...if it were a real AMG that would be a CLS55 AMG....maybe someone added the AMG badge to a regular CLS? I saw a black SL65 Renntech tonight.

Saw an interesting group of cars tonight-- an orange Solstice GXP, a red Sky, a black HHR SS panel, a silver CTS--must have been a base model w/ the plastic inserts in the fog light area and tiny wheels. Also a dark green NSX-T (sweet, great sounding exhaust), and a minty clean Medium Canyon Red '87-88 Mustang GT that was identical to mine...so nice to see a car like that in clean, stock shape and not tastelessly modified or worn out as most seem to be. Saw a black Genesis coupe, first one I've seen, not bad!

Edited by moltar