2010 GMC Terrain revealed

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL...

It's no wonder you advanced so well in GM with that nose.

(BTW, I might have "bad taste" for liking the Terrain, but at least I'm not a poser in a BMW 'activicar')

BMW is my new home, I locked in my 20 year GM pension under EU rules, which means my money will be there in my old age ... CPF came from BMW, which made my journey to BMW so much easier ...

• 4 weeks later...
I wonder if those interior components were originally destined for "next-gen Torrent"... the interior does have a Pontiac vibe (no pun intended) to it.

And red backlighting to go with it. I've always wondered if the Acadia was changed last-minute from a Pontiac Montana-replacement vehicle (which would explain the red backlighting on that model). All other GM vehicles carry a blue backlight (I think the Canyon may use a yellow or white backlight - I've never driven one at nght to see).

Of course, only a fool or an Aztek lover would buy that GMC ...

those is fightin words, besides, can an x6 swallow a queen size bed from ikea? they are equal on the ugly scale. an 88 thousand dollar x6? good thing you are getting your GM pension, you'll need it.

x6= most pointless vehicle ever made.

Edited by regfootball

those is fightin words, besides, can an x6 swallow a queen size bed from ikea? they are equal on the ugly scale. an 88 thousand dollar x6? good thing you are getting your GM pension, you'll need it.

x6= most pointless vehicle ever made.

X6 = AMC Spirit GT + iDrive and Valvetronic

if you want to talk about a company that has strayed from its core, talk bmw. x3,x5,x6, mini (fwd), bangle styling.

BMW is great at making products that are twice as expensive as they should be, and people buy them, but that doesn't give them carte blanche to flood the market with the bmw's no one really wants.

cadillac will stick with one crossover hopefully. yet audi and merc and bmw have a total of what 10 SUV's now?

we hear bitching about GM needing to stick to core products. so why does volvo have a new xc60 or whatever when their v70 wagon is iconically excellent to begin with?

why do we need a Q5? WTF is a Q5? why is a TSX and TL indistinguishable? Why doesnt the accord look like a real car and have a v6 stick option instead of 3 lame acura sedans?

end result, the terrain has every bit of reason to exist as half the other crap out there.

The X3, X5, and X6 don't stray from BMW's philosophy because they're all RWD, and the best handling in their class. Also not being pretty is a BMW styling hallmark as of late, so they qualify for that too...although I think the X5 is handsome.

Bangle styling doesn't stray either. BMW does their own thing, and when they do other companies end up copying the design.

Mini is a seperate brand, it's not diluting BMW. As well, Minis are premium, excellent handling cars that have sold well since launch.

Mini is a desperate brand, it's not diluting BMW. As well,, Minis are premium, excellent handling cars that have sold well since launch.

Done tell reg that, he thinks that just because its a small car he cant afford, it sucks and nobody wants one.

The X3, X5, and X6 don't stray from BMW's philosophy because they're all RWD, and the best handling in their class. Also not being pretty is a BMW styling hallmark as of late, so they qualify for that too...although I think the X5 is handsome.

Bangle styling doesn't stray either. BMW does their own thing, and when they do other companies end up copying the design.

Mini is a seperate brand, it's not diluting BMW. As well, Minis are premium, excellent handling cars that have sold well since launch.

x6 weighs like 5500 pounds. and that is not straying from BMW's philosophy?

and people should feel good about paying twice as much as they should for bangle ugly?

x6 weighs like 5500 pounds. and that is not straying from BMW's philosophy?

and people should feel good about paying twice as much as they should for bangle ugly?

5,000 Pounds Never Felt So Nimble

A little extra around the middle doesn't mean the X6 can't back up its athletic looks. In fact, its track numbers indicate quite the opposite.

On the skid pad, the X6 generates a 0.87g performance, a better number than three out of the four V8 Sport Sedans we compared last month. Some of the credit goes to the big Dunlop SP Sport Maxx tires, as they hold on better than expected, although our test-driver also notes how easy the X6 is to steer with the throttle.

The X6 is equally fast through the slalom, posting a best run of 65.3 mph. That's a shade quicker than a sport-package-equipped BMW 550i's performance of 65 mph. Again, plenty of grip combined with a well-sorted suspension and responsive steering allows the X6 to transition quickly and push right to the limit.

Stopping power is another area where the X6 manages its weight well. It takes just 111 feet to haul the X6 down from 60 mph to a stop. There are sports cars that take 10 feet longer to accomplish the same feat.

So it's heavy, name me a modern car besides dedicated sports cars and the Nano that isn't?

BMWs have never been about bang for the buck, they've always been about the driving experience.

Not an apples to apples comparison. As I recall, one of the rags who first reviews the Camaro said that handled well. However, whereas the G8 seemed to be able to push the limit of what was possible for it's size, the Camaro didn't seem that way.

One of the reasons the new Mustang has gotten a lot of praise is that it pushes the limit of what's possible with its architecture.

Holy crap that grill is huge...It looks much worse in that pic than any of the other pics I have seen. I actually have been wanting to see it in white, but now I don't think I want to see it, period.

Holy crap that grill is huge...It looks much worse in that pic than any of the other pics I have seen. I actually have been wanting to see it in white, but now I don't think I want to see it, period.

The grille looked appropriately sized in person. It didn't have the red GMC badge applied to break it up though too.

I just a white Terrain today in person, and thought it looked great. I actually hated it in every other color than black just seeing it in pictures, but it looked good in person....even in white 8) :

0514091930a.jpg

Sweet, once they apply the Red GMC, it should be very tight, I like it allot. Gonna have to swing through the GMC dealership this weekend and see if they got one yet. :scratchchin:

Sweet, once they apply the Red GMC, it should be very tight, I like it allot. Gonna have to swing through the GMC dealership this weekend and see if they got one yet. :scratchchin:

I don't think dealerships will have them yet. This was a "manufacturer's plate" car, with all kinds of connections coming out from under the back and passenger side. I think they said they would be available by "late summer".

I don't think dealerships will have them yet. This was a "manufacturer's plate" car, with all kinds of connections coming out from under the back and passenger side. I think they said they would be available by "late summer".

Yeah, you won't be seeing any of these on the dealer's lots yet. At the NYIAS, the GMC rep's stated that the Equinox would be the first produced & launched by summer, with the Terrain to follow late summer or early fall. I'm not even sure full production has even ramped up yet.

And thanks BrewSwillis for not only posting that you saw the Terrain in white, but for getting a picture of it too. I can't wait to see the other colors it will come in, especially the new dark red (Chevy calls it Merlot Metallic <I think> on the 2010 Equinox). So that brings the color count to three righht now that the Terrain has been photographed in: Carbon Flash Metallic, Quicksilver Metallic, and Summit White:

DSCN9492.jpg

DSCN9482.jpg

0514091930a.jpg

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

>>"I'm just not able to like it. It looks better in black IMHO."<<

Agreed... to the point I find it quite hideous up front.

The black masks this in the pic, but it is what it is (IMO).

It's just weird... the black sort of hides the surface details, making it almost bearable.

I like all the colors except the Atlantic Blue Metallic, that color looks really weird on it. Over all I still really like this auto, looking forward to it coming to my local dealership. Give me a reason to stop by and test drive. :)

I just a white Terrain today in person, and thought it looked great. I actually hated it in every other color than black just seeing it in pictures, but it looked good in person....even in white 8) :

0514091930a.jpg

So there's the box, where's the Equinox that came in it?

I much prefer a straight white like Summit, as opposed to pearl whites, which look dirty to me, or like sperm. Thanks for posting, and thanks for the link, GMTG74... I like the Magna and the Atlantic Blue. There are too many grays though, imo. There should be a green, like Silver Green (my Cobalt color), it looks good on the Lambdas. Edited by ocnblu

I guess I envisioned GMC heading in a sportier direction with their CUV products (sort of like Mazda or Nissan to a lesser extent), so this blocky vehicle sort of came as a shock and disappointment to me. The overall shape is fine, but the overdone front end treatment and overwhelming fender flares sort of ruins it for me. Since the vehicle is named "Terrain", I guess I should have envisioned something similar to what actually emerged (especially since GMC has traditionally been a truck based brand).

The Acadia actually looks refined and sort of sporty to me. I thought it would set the styling direction for any future GMC CUVs. I guess I was wrong.

The Acadia actually looks refined and sort of sporty to me. I thought it would set the styling direction for any future GMC CUVs. I guess I was wrong.

I still believe that the Acadia was supposed to be a Pontiac until the very last minute, and the only thing changed was the grille. Red interior lighting, the taillamp design, and some other styling features of the Acadia say "Pontiac" to me. I wish some insider would confirm this for me, and it would be great if there were pictures to back it up too.

I still believe that the Acadia was supposed to be a Pontiac until the very last minute, and the only thing changed was the grille. Red interior lighting, the taillamp design, and some other styling features of the Acadia say "Pontiac" to me. I wish some insider would confirm this for me, and it would be great if there were pictures to back it up too.

Nothing about it says Pontiac unless you count red lighting.

I think the Terrain is a well-executed crossover. The butch looks make it stand out in a sea of feminine looking competitors (Escape and to an extent Patriot notwithstanding, but the Patriot is goofy in the face and too low to the ground. The Pilot is just plain wetodded looking in the front.) The Terrain, a man would not be embarrassed to be seen driving. The Equinox is sort of metrosexual, on the other hand. I'd lean more toward the Equinox if I were in the market, only because I get the impression it will more easily fit in my budget. The Terrain has a standard rearview camera? I don't need that. I can see it as a savior to bumpers, though, when backing up to a trailer hitch, or if there are children around who tend to run behind moving vehicles.

the liberty is ok, but that's not even a really good box.

H3 is a stylish box, albeit not as practical.

pilot drove by my house tonight. i just about gagged. the pilot is one of the most confused looking vehicles on the market. the traverse/acadia is so much classier. you've got to be insane to be drawn to the 'it's pat' aura of the pilot.