Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Northstar

Jeep Compass and Patriot concept sketches

39 posts in this topic

These were shown while the site was down, and no one ever posted them, so here they are:

Compass:

Posted Image

Patriot:

Posted Image

The legendary Jeep® brand hints at global portfolio expansion and explores all-new territory with the world premiere of two compact SUV concepts - the Jeep Patriot and Jeep Compass Rallye. The Jeep Patriot and Jeep Compass Rallye concepts are compact Jeep 4x4s that would deliver fun, freedom, utility, capability, as well as the potential for exceptional fuel economy and interior flexibility - all at a great value. The two concepts make their world premiere at the Frankfurt International Motor Show (IAA) on September 12. The Jeep® Patriot concept offers a modern interpretation of classic Jeep styling: rugged, strong and capable. It would appeal to young buyers looking to join the brand in a genuine Jeep vehicle that would deliver fun and freedom at a great value. Jeep Patriot not only looks like a Jeep, but all-new Jeep off-road technology would ensure Patriot could be a Jeep Trail Rated 4x4, making it the most capable vehicle in its class.

Thanks for posting! Yeah it sucks they're adding these cars to the lineup. I'm all for Jeep expanding, but only if they're Rubicon ready-and I'm not talking overboxed junk like Commander either.

The Patriot looks pretty good for jeep IMO
The Compass looks like a crossover that's on that mitsubishi platform that the Dodge Caliber is on (am I right?) to compete against the Vibe something simular.. I don't know how that would affect Jeep's image..
What happened with this Compass?
Posted Image

those are pretty nice looking for not being "real" Jeeps. too bad there isnt a plymouth around anymore, these could be sold there...

A+ Those are some very good looking Jeeps. I especially like the Patriot.

The Compass in that photo looks like rice.

The Compass in that photo looks like rice.

[post="8478"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Especially with those inappropriate rims and Pathfinder rear door handle. More like a Murano with a Liberty front clip.

The Compass is NOTHING compared to its concept, but both are great looking vehicles! Very good to see!

Im surprized with the patriot. . . it looks like a Liberty, could it replace it? . . . im not even going to coment on the Compass. . . it's not a Jeep!

Oh no, the Patriot and Compass would never replace the Liberty-its too strong of a seller (best seller of the Jeep line I think) and too much of a following. They both look great, but they're still car-based Jeeps, and that's a move I question. Why not unsquare one of them a little bit and send them over to Chrysler to compete with Acura RDX and BMW X3?

Is the Patriot a front-drive SUV? Because, if it is, this will be the only crossover I would ever condsider buying. I really like it. I hope the Patriot is a 100% bonafide production reality hiding under some concept camo. The Compass. Uh, yeah. We really didn't need that one. Looks like a whore Liberty had it's way with a Pathfinder and the Vibe GT-R concept and conceived a child.

I'm not liking the Compass too much, but the Patriot looks ok. The Patriot actually looks like a mini Commander but with a better front end.

i think that's just silly....i dont want jeep to produce a SRT8 grand cherokee its just dumb, and i really wish that the Goliath went into production instead of this garbage

oh yeah i also think that V8s should be a factory option in wranglers like it was once upon a time

I like the Compass, but then again I dont really care about offroading, or Jeeps. The Patriot look generic, like most other jeeps for the past 20 years.

The Patriot - in concept form - is executed very well. It looks like a Jeep, but thankfully does without the gaudiness of the Commander. If DCX has got a great design - especially if it can transfer this level of execution to the production line (that means no super-extended bumpers, cheap lights, panel inconsistencies). One thing I would change is a little less windshield...a Jeep trademark is having a lower windshield (conveys "toughness"). I'm going to withhold judgement on the Compass until I see some additional views...right now it looks like a candidate for Ugliest Car of the Year! Edited by red

Jeep's designs just keep getting worse and worse. The Compass is Aztek-ugly IMO.

Typical post-buyout Chrysler half-assness.

Posted Image

I think the Compass Rallye looks sweet. It looks like a mean little AWD Rally car. I think this will be Jeep's entry in WRC. With the SRT-4 powertrain, this thing should easily compete against the EVO and STi.

I always look forward to seeing your DCX comments, Brews...

Both concepts are very nice, and I hope to see them... 100% untouched, on the dealer lots. The Patriot is a mini Commander, less cartoonish than the base Liberty. Very nice... and the Compass is a Jeepster reincarnated. Both are real Jeeps, imo.

Of course, this isn't the first time Jeep has flirted with 'car-like' vehicles....here is the '61 Jeepster:

Posted Image