Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Satty

If you could DROP 5 GM models

75 posts in this topic

So, you've created automotive life in the other thread, lets perform some automotive abortions.

Hummer H2-I hate them and the people who drive them. Tools.

Pontiac Grand Prix-Its ugly, handles poorly AND has a cheap interior with almost no back seat room. Why bother?

Saturn Relay-How many minivans does GM need? The Terraza is somewhat more upscale, so one of the other three has to go. Chevy is the "Full line" brand and Pontiac deserves the SV6, so the Relay goes bye-bye.

Chevrolet Monte Carlo-Do people still buy these? FWD coupes are dead and if they make it RWD then there is no need for a Camaro and since you're all Camaro humpers, I said the MC has to go.

Buick Rainier-Um, its dumb?

Buick Terraza: Buick + minivan = :blink: Pontiac Torrent: Really very little reason to buy this as opposed to the Equinox and does not fit the sporty niche Pontiac is trying to compete in. Pontiac SV6: Same problems as Torrent Chevy SSR: In spite of it's retro charm, I can't see why anyone would buy this (particlarly over a Corvette) Saturn Ion: This car just needs to go and have an Astra VXR replace it pronto.

Let's see here... Buick Terraza - leave the minivan game to Saturn and Chevy Pontiac Montana SV6 - there's nothing remotely sporty about a minivan Buick Rainier - fills the same slot as the Envoy Denali Saab 9-7x - doesn't fit into the Saab lineup, I'd rather see them get a crossover to replace it Pontiac Torrent - like the SV6, there's nothing remotely sporty about it. A FX35/45-like replacement would be fine, though.

Chevy Astro Buick Century Pontiac Grand Am Pontiac Sunfire Chevy S-10 Oh, wait...that's Jerry Flint's list.

WEll, ther's plenty I would replace or redesign but as far as "getting rid" of 5 models... 1. Torrent 2. Aveo 3. Classic 4. Whole Saturn line 5. Un-drop the Sky and call it a "Chevy Corsair" and Un-drop the entire Olds line.

Okay, seriously, what's with the hate for the Aveo and Saturn? Aveo is necessary for both CAFE numbers and for people who want an economical domestic. You want them to get an Echo instead? Saturn also attracts people who would never set foot in another cheesy high-pressure Chevrolet dealership.

Corvette, Sky, Solstice, XLR, GTO

[post="3380"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

What what what!
Posted Image

Chevy Uplander - Ew. Buick Terraza - Ew. Pontiac Montana SV6 - Ew. Saturn Relay - Ew. Chevy HHR - Major ew.

1. Pontiac Montana/Montana SV6, do I have to explain? 2. Chevrolet SSR, I only see them as sweepstakes prizes. 3. Saturn Ion + Pontiac Pursuit, competition for Cobalt, or confusion of the market. Although I'd rather see Saturn scrapped altogether then a return of Olds. As for the Pontiac, just one thing: If you're going to do it, then do it right. Don't give us no crappy rebadge job like slapping a pig's nose on a Cobalt! Kappa sedan, please! Why have three (yes, 3) close to identical cars? 4. Chevrolet Epica. It's more expensive than a Malibu and smaller. It's not upscale either. Why bother? If you really want a more upscale midsizer, go see Buick or Pontiac. 5. Chevrolet Optra. No point, I only see it as a showroom placehold before the Cobalt hits. It's underpowered and the quality is somehow comparable to a Cavalier.

Relay-Leave the minivans to Buick and Chevy. SV6-Pontiac should never have had a minivan under any circumstances Ranier-Too many clones off one platform Torrent-Clone, should be the S3X Uplander- Ugly, Minivans are ugly, but this is ugly even by minivan standards.

Corvette, Sky, Solstice, XLR, GTO

[post="3380"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You must be on medication or just hanging over from the party last night :lol:

I won't stop at five: Buick Rainier Buick Terraza Chevy Monte Carlo Pontiac Grand Prix Pontiac Montana SV6 Saab 9-2X Saab 9-7X Saturn ION Saturn Relay

Chevy SSR. It's ugly, it's big and heavy, it's expensive, it rattles and twists, and it's pointless. Pontiac SV6. Duh Saab 9-2X. Its sales are picking up, but it's still just an Impreza with a new nose. GMC Canyon. As shameless as the CSVs, yet gets very little press. GMC will have plenty of new volume from the Acadia and sub-Theta to afford to drop it. I hope the 2009 version is much more differentiated from the Chevy. Envoy XL and Trailblazer EXT. Not only does the added length and raised rear roof make this duo look goofy, but I can't really see a reason to get one over a GMT900. Chevy Monte Carlo. The 2006 refresh is a pathetic attempt to squeeze out the most redneck sales as possible with the least possible investment. Edited by CSpec

You must be on medication or just hanging over from the party last night  :lol:

[post="3409"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No wait, that would be my "drop all but five" list. :lol:

For a serious one, hmm

Isuzu

the CSVs (replace the Chevy and maybe Saturn with good models)

SSR & HHR (Sorry, just don't like retro, though CCR rocks :metal:)

Ranier

Monty Edited by Enzora

Okay, I'm pissed that I have to stop at five, so I'm continuing my list.. 1-4. All the CSVs (haha.. is a comment necessary?) 5. SSR (Hello, ugly.) 6. HHR (the 50s called and want their styling back you idiot) 7. Aveo (Redesign it AT LEAST. It's small and terrible) 8-9. Monte/Impala Redesign (HELLO, DCX TWINS) 10. Torrent (Uhh, hi. Are you an Equinox? No? Damn.. you sure?) 11. Cobalt sedan (At least redesign it and its damn ugly greenhouse/rear) 12. Park Avenue (Please, GM. This thing's older than Buick itself) 13. LeSabre (Yep, please see above) 14. Rainier (Can you say pointless?) 15. H2 (at least redesign this gas-sucking beast) 16. ION (or at least redesign its ugliness, especially the interior) 17. L300 (they call it "style-conscious" but obviously beauty is in the eye of the beholder) 18. Safari (Um, has this EVER been redesigned?) And there's my quite short list. I'm not including Saab because I don't follow them. Only the core American brands.

Okay, I'm pissed that I have to stop at five, so I'm continuing my list..

1-4. All the CSVs (haha.. is a comment necessary?)
5. SSR (Hello, ugly.)
6. HHR (the 50s called and want their styling back you idiot)
7. Aveo (Redesign it AT LEAST. It's small and terrible)
8-9. Monte/Impala Redesign (HELLO, DCX TWINS)
10. Torrent (Uhh, hi. Are you an Equinox? No? Damn.. you sure?)
11. Cobalt sedan (At least redesign it and its damn ugly greenhouse/rear)
12. Park Avenue (Please, GM. This thing's older than Buick itself)
13. LeSabre (Yep, please see above)
14. Rainier (Can you say pointless?)
15. H2 (at least redesign this gas-sucking beast)
16. ION (or at least redesign its ugliness, especially the interior)
17. L300 (they call it "style-conscious" but obviously beauty is in the eye of the beholder)
18. Safari (Um, has this EVER been redesigned?)

And there's my quite short list. I'm not including Saab because I don't follow them. Only the core American brands.

[post="3467"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Ok i really dont like ur list take off all saturns HHR impala and cobalt and ill agree o and start following saab cuz they need to be dropped

no that u think about it 1.9-5 2.9-7X 3.9.2X 4.9-3 convertible 5.9-3<<< ok well i like it a little and the convert.

I would dump the following: 1. Buick Terraza 2. Buick Rainier 3. Chevrolet Monte Carlo 4. Chevrolet Malibu Maxx 5. Saturn Ion 6. Saturn Relay 7. Saab 9-5 8. Pontiac Torrent Edit: I completely forgot about the Buick Rendezvous...dump it! Edited by HarleyEarl

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0