May I have a 6-speed?

BTW, is the MINI still not built or what?

She picked it up back in February while I was in Texas. I'm currently grounded from driving it due to a slight mishap with a smoothie.

Ew no my doctor is not cute.

Aren't you old enough to know that its whats on the inside that counts? Especially if its you on the inside?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She picked it up back in February while I was in Texas. I'm currently grounded from driving it due to a slight mishap with a smoothie.

Aren't you old enough to know that its whats on the inside that counts? Especially if its you on the inside?

But you didn't trade the Prius?

chris

But you didn't trade the Prius?

Nope, after I got my promotion we figured we could still save up money while making 2 car payments, so I drive the Prius and the Buick got a new engine but there are a few other thins I need to do to it before getting it back on the road, which sucks because I hate hauling things bikes and kayaks on the roof of the Toyota, they kill my mileage.

I love the fastback styling on the 66-67 Charger. Not sure why those cars never caught on more with collectors, as IMHO they are some of the best looking cars of the 1960's.

Chris

Lime green 2011 Ford Festiva 4-door hatch with some splashy graphics on the lower/rear, and the typical (I think) Michigan tags driven by one of the Festiva website people. Was on a back road just after lunch today, 4 cars coming towards me and the last was lime green...then...wa-la, there it was. Very cool little car.

Then I go out tonight and less than a mile from my house, there it is parked in someone's driveway. Again, cool little car and even from a distance "looks" quality.

All today:

lambo glardo, primer grey

ferrari testicleroaster (do you have to ask what color?)

'70 GTX convertible, dark green, mint

'70 Chevelle SS hardtop, white, mint

'70 GTO, f'in flawless, Orbit Orange

'69 El Camino, slightly rough but rollin

'66 Biscayne 2-dr sedan, med blue, flawless, on a trailer, packing 14's with a 10.45 dial-in on the window

(2) 1st gen Mustang coupes

'63 Impala convert, bright red, mint

'My' lil Chevy dealer apparently tucks his '10 Victory Red Camaro inside when closed, saw it peeking out the service bay doors this afternoon.

GTX convertible, Orbit orange GTO must have been just amazing.

The US auto industry never really was the same after about 70-71.

I just love cars from that Era.

Chris

The GTX was driving by in the other direction at about 45 MPH, so the look-see was brief, but I was standing at the crub when the Goat rumbled by 2 feet from me at 5 MPH due to a construction zone. Car was clean enough to lick the length of and not taste dust. Hood tach, deck wing, trimring-less Rallye IIs..... hmmm, did I miss whether or not it was a Judge ?!!? :wacko:

ferrari testicleroaster (do you have to ask what color?)

I saw one yesterday... in shiny grey, believe it or not. I don't know if that's a factory color, but it's certainly prettier than most new, bloated, red Ferraris.

I just love the TDI (obviously) and really would like to see GM bring diesel tech into the US.

Too bad they never really sorted out the Diesel V8's before they brought them out back in the late 70's early 80's. Those cars were great cars when they ran...

TDI IMHO is about eleventy billion times more car than the Prius.

On my way home tonight I saw this.

A bit much for a Saturn Aura, if you ask me.

Creative...I like the stance on the car, the exposed Hydraulic pumps are a bit much...Paint job is sweet...

But I'd rather dump that cash into a Camaro, an older diesel GM truck as a tow vehicle, and three seasons thrashing the Camaro around road race circuits in the SCCA.

Chris

Had a good holiday weekend in Ohio... 8 hrs of flying to get there and back, and a lot of driving around over the hilly backroads of E. Ohio and some 4 lane roads in W. Pa/E. Oh.

Saw some nice oldies, incl. a red '65 GTO convertible (top down), a gold '67 Camaro coupe, a sharp lt blue early '70s Camaro (base model, I think). Had a great time driving my '87 Mustang GT and my rental car. May have found the next Moltarmobile also. Will post pics later.

Edited by Cubical

Unbelievable, Monday, Memorial Day:

Near interchange of 101 and 680 in San Jose, and within 5 minutes of each other.

Traveling in my direction: a perfect 1969 Pontiac Firebird, burgundy/black vinyl top, looked to be the base model, so didn't know what was under the hood, she looked like she might have been the original owner and her husband was in the passenger seat

Traveling in the opposite direction: a mint-condition 1976 Pontiac Grand LeMans (unfortunately 4-door instead of 2-door), cream, white vinyl top, presume it was a 350 V8, a black guy was driving by himself

Quite a day today.

Saw a white Fusion Sport

2 orange Challenger R?T's (one with a stripe package)

2 Charger SRT8's, one black one red

My first in the wild Camaro, it was a yellow RS with a stripe package

A semi laying on its side on an off ramp on Route 2.

Drove a BMW B7 Alpina last night.

Distance travelled: about 20' in reverse and 40' in drive. :lol:

It was in the way and I had to move it.

I hear that they are amazingly powerful, but the thing is HUGE, and the gadget-overload made me feel lightheaded.

There is an incredible Pantera that sometimes shows up at the local cruise night - the thing is perfection.

Forgot to post about an amazing truck I caught sight of last week. It was a '65ish Chevy shortbed fleetside. The thing was so well done I almost veered out of my lane looking at it. It was lowered and painted in a dark teal with a black roof accented by perfect factory chrome trim and a nice set of wheels - very pretty truck!

So far today, I have seen a burnt out VW Cabriolet on Kirkland Way. Must have happened over night as it was not there yesterday.

Saw a Delorean, surprised any are still working.

I see a Chryslerati or what ever Chrysler called that car they did with Maserati in front of the Local Starbucks shop.

Otherwise not much as most cars just blend in now a days.

Recent comments remind me: on my way to my bro's vacation house, I saw two Panteras along the road, one with hood open, two guys standing talking near the disabled one.

Speaking of Panteras, I recall 25+ years ago down in the Florida Keys seeing a rusty white Pantera and a faded orange Bricklin parked next to a house, the weeds growing up around them...

I snapped this earlier today.

pic0185.jpg

Thats a black G8 a couple spots down from a black Charger SRT8 with black wheels.

I also drove by the cruise night at a local ice crean place, but didn't get any pics. There were a lof of old Mopars and a few sweet GM's

Also, a Model T for sale.

Oh, and my nearest dealer has 3 new Camaros, a red, a black and a yellow. And a ZR-1, complete with 20% markup.

Edited by Satty