May I have a 6-speed?

A black Hudson Hornet for sale.

My grandfather had a blue 54 Hudson Hornet. One of his best cars. Traded it on a 57 Olds ragtop that then got traded on a 59 Buick (yes, we've had a B-59 in the family I discovered) which then got traded on a buick 225 ragtop which then got traded on another buick 225 ragtop which he had when he died.

My grandfather had great taste in cars.

Had a neighbor once who had a restored two door hornet in a funky 50's green and white, beautiful car.

Chris

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sort of a shared C&G spotting...

ocnblu stopped by my work today on his way to the beach, I looked at his very nice Silver Moss Cobalt and its great new wheels, and he checked out my G8, then I let him drive it. While out for a few minutes, a silver C6 Z06 passed in front of us...nothing TOO spectacular, but I don't often see new Z06's and have definitely never seen a new ZR1 yet.

Otherwise, as ocn was down here for, lots of random classics, blown Mustangs and such on trailers, etc. all headed down Rt. 1 for the OC cruise weekend. The parade should continue through tomorrow, with all sorts of random things on the road.

Another Corvette...this one a new '08'ish Indy 500 Pace Car edition in black (there's actually more than one of these around here), all shiny, randomly sitting in a neighbor's driveway as I left this morning. Vanity tag: PACECAR Cool.

Another Corvette...this one a new '08'ish Indy 500 Pace Car edition in black (there's actually more than one of these around here), all shiny, randomly sitting in a neighbor's driveway as I left this morning. Vanity tag: PACECAR Cool.

I like all of the pacecar vettes, including the C4. The C6 pace car is great also...

Chris

I like all of the pacecar vettes, including the C4. The C6 pace car is great also...

Chris

My grandfather had a blue 54 Hudson Hornet. One of his best cars. Traded it on a 57 Olds ragtop that then got traded on a 59 Buick (yes, we've had a B-59 in the family I discovered) which then got traded on a buick 225 ragtop which then got traded on another buick 225 ragtop which he had when he died.

My grandfather had great taste in cars.

Had a neighbor once who had a restored two door hornet in a funky 50's green and white, beautiful car.

Chris

Yes. I would love to own the 305 with the Stage VII or whatever it was called which made close to 210 hp. The car is gorgeous.

Indeed, we were only thinking of you. First it's just a penalty box, and 2nd you'd probably never hear the end of it. :P

And after test driving that Impala LS I realized exactly why I don't belong buying a car with less than 2.0L engine. :AH-HA_wink:

Yes. I would love to own the 305 with the Stage VII or whatever it was called which made close to 210 hp. The car is gorgeous.

Utterly gorgeous...I just love 50's cars...wish I was in a stage of my life to own one.

Chris

Indeed, we were only thinking of you. First it's just a penalty box, and 2nd you'd probably never hear the end of it. :P

The salesman at my little car dealer called his Aveo5 (on the lot) a $h!-box and said shame on you for considering one and the G3. He begged me to buy it which I said no way I already had good people talk me out of it. The 2005 Impala LS is a much better choice. He also said the G3 is a waste of space in the new 2009.5 Pontiac brochure and doesn't deserve to share the pages with the Solstice/GXP and G8 GT/GXP.

Edited by gm4life

A flat-out gorgeous '57 Bel Air out for a cruise - all white and stock appearance outside, but with some very fat rear tires tucked in underneath. It sounded great.

A freshly steel-wooled Delorean parked in a lot on my way to look at the Blazer.

I also caught a glimpse of a '53ish Chevy Sedan Delivery hiding behind a run down building, a diamond in the rough.

And a 68ish 442/Hurst Olds cruising the highway.

Finally, a pristine '76 Vette with 32k original miles stashed in a shed.

Anmazing what you can see when you go to look at an old Blazer. :AH-HA_wink:

The salesman at my little car dealer called his Aveo5 (on the lot) a $h!-box and said shame on you for considering one and the G3. He begged me to buy it which I said no way I already had good people talk me out of it. The 2005 Impala LS is a much better choice. He also said the G3 is a waste of space in the new 2009.5 Pontiac brochure and doesn't deserve to share the pages with the Solstice/GXP and G8 GT/GXP.

That's pitiful when the dealer is saying that.

---

Yesterday, a green Sky with a silver-gray racing stripe. I'm not a fan of the Sky, but that one looked RIGHT. :)

Finally, a new CTS-V on the road.

Besides a new Camaro in the showroom, still no Camaro sighting...

did you try and run him? hehe.

my dad was on the way to work one morning aound 6:30 or so when what should pull up beside him but an ominous black buick. limo tint to match the paint. dad was in his 04 Z85. he knew better, he just wanted to see if he would bite. he inched forward once then once more and stopped. sure enough the light turns green and the guy goes across the intersection like he stole it. he got it sideways when it hit second and got out of it, dad wasnt running him anyway.

i saw the same 2010 camaro v6 i say last week on main street.

did you try and run him? hehe.

Nah... he was stopped in a left-turn lane in the opposite direction. Besides that, I was in my brother's GTI (not like my car would have kept up for long either).

Black '67 Impala 4-door hardtop with newer rally wheels sitting at a biker bar in Tioga County, PA. 3 '64 Galaxie 2 door hardtops side by side, awaiting restoration on the way up there. Edited by ocnblu

The Mid-America Street Rod Nationals are this weekend, so the streets of Springfield are flooded with hundreds of pre-1950 hot rods. None of them want to race the Prius at stoplights.

They know that Prius will put the smackdown on a Big block Chevy powered car weighing 2000 lbs....

BTW, is the MINI still not built or what?

Chris

Black '67 Impala 4-door hardtop with newer rally wheels sitting at a biker bar in Tioga County, PA. 3 '64 Galaxie 2 door hardtops side by side, awaiting restoration on the way up there.

There is a red 64 Galaxy two door hardtop for sale on Ohio State route 104 just outside of Chillicothe...I've thought about checking it out.

67 Chevy is a nice bodystyle. When I was in school my friend Annie dated a guy with a beautiful blue two door 67.

Black 67 SS ragtop came up for sale about 6 years ago on a local used car lot...$3500 but it had a little more rust than I wanted.

Chris

Nah... he was stopped in a left-turn lane in the opposite direction. Besides that, I was in my brother's GTI (not like my car would have kept up for long either).

Sweet...GTI and Camaro...two cool cars in the same family.

Chris