Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oracle of Delphi

I am back in the USA, can you guess why ???

52 posts in this topic

Well I'm taking a few days off to tour the University of Notre Dame with my daughter ... On Tuesday I will be at the RenCen in Detroit, seems I have a meeting at GM's Headquarters ... :smilewide:

So, back home for a little while ...

This is news? :P

On Tuesday I will be at the RenCen in Detroit, seems I have a meeting at GM's Headquarters ... :smilewide:

Ahhh...the new GM wants you back? :)

I'm out in the yard right now, leaning thru a window and typing this ..... can anybody guess into which room it is and how many sharpened pencils I have in my sharpened pencil tin can ??? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I'm out in the yard right now, leaning thru a window and typing this ..... can anybody guess into which room it is and how many sharpened pencils I have in my sharpened pencil tin can ??? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Is typing like keying ??? :rotflmao:

Is typing like keying ??? :rotflmao:

Hmm....don't think I've ever thought of it as 'keying'...it's always been typing to me, whether on a computer or a phone..

Rob

Hmm....don't think I've ever thought of it as 'keying'...it's always been typing to me, whether on a computer or a phone..

Rob

You're showing your age too ... :P

Edited by PCS

>>"Is typing like keying ???"<<

Uhh, both use the same qwerty board don't they, or is English still not your first language ? :rotflmao:

Well I'm taking a few days off to tour the University of Notre Dame with my daughter ... On Tuesday I will be at the RenCen in Detroit, seems I have a meeting at GM's Headquarters ... :smilewide:

So, back home for a little while ...

Ew, Notre Dame. Well, if you want your daughter to suddenly think she's part of the fabulosity crowd and gain a delightful sense of entitlement, then by all means send her there. Oh, and as you will find out, they keep their students in the same dorm for the first three years. Drama, much?

Also, the priest who teaches one of the core, general-ed science classes tells his students that Muslims have high rates of forehead cancer from "banging their heads against the ground so many times a day" inducing cell trama. He never addressed the logical follow-up question regarding Catholics and knee cancer.

I know quite a few people from that school, as well as have a family member who certainly became a whole new person after attending there. For the money, you can do much better.

>>"Is typing like keying ???"<<

Uhh, both use the same qwerty board don't they, or is English still not your first language ? :rotflmao:

Mine isn't a qwerty board my KEYBOARD is in a V shape, it's also a German Keyboard. Apparently English is not yours either from what I surmise ... :rotflmao: It's OK, though, new ideas sometimes take longer for older folks to adopt ... :P

You're showing your age too ... :P

You're older than me...

Rob

Ew, Notre Dame. Well, if you want your daughter to suddenly think she's part of the fabulosity crowd and gain a delightful sense of entitlement, then by all means send her there. Oh, and as you will find out, they keep their students in the same dorm for the first three years. Drama, much?

Also, the priest who teaches one of the core, general-ed science classes tells his students that Muslims have high rates of forehead cancer from "banging their heads against the ground so many times a day" inducing cell trama. He never addressed the logical follow-up question regarding Catholics and knee cancer.

I know quite a few people from that school, as well as have a family member who certainly became a whole new person after attending there. For the money, you can do much better.

I went to school in Texas, Ohio and Europe, she will also go on to school in Europe. She got a full scholarship to attend there and for what she wants to do professionally it works for her. I just thank God, she didn't pick a school in California ... :P

>>"Mine isn't a qwerty board my KEYBOARD is in a V shape, it's also a German Keyboard. Apparently English is not yours either from what I surmise ..."<<

Ah, I see; you surmised I was referring to your keyboard.

Excellent Germanic analysis, as usual. :rotflmao:

>>"Mine isn't a qwerty board my KEYBOARD is in a V shape, it's also a German Keyboard. Apparently English is not yours either from what I surmise ..."<<

Ah, I see; you surmised I was referring to your keyboard.

Excellent Germanic analysis, as usual. :rotflmao:

Well of course, why wouldn't you be speaking of my keyboard? Teutonic keyboards are superior in every way, in design, function and ease of use ... :P

I have to say, I love our little chats, but duty calls ... Have you noticed how GM senior positions are being filled by GME staff, perhaps GM will pull through it's near death experience after all ...

Anyway as they say in Winnie the Pooh, TTFN ... :)

>>"Well of course, why wouldn't you be speaking of my keyboard?"<<

But of course; it's only EVER about you. :wacko:

I don't make an incessant habit of assumptions about things I know nothing about.

Lil' quirk of mine; I'm working on it. :rotflmao:

>>"Well of course, why wouldn't you be speaking of my keyboard?"<<

But of course; it's only EVER about you. :wacko:

I don't make an incessant habit of assumptions about things I know nothing about.

Lil' quirk of mine; I'm working on it. :rotflmao:

You should work harder and faster on it, you're losing the race ... :rotflmao:

Edited by PCS

What- you're still here, Winnie ?? :rotflmao:

I thought you had Big Important Grown Up Things To Do ?? :rotflmao:

>>"You should work harder and faster on it, you're losing the race ... "<<

I have no hopes of approaching the masterful status of the pacesetter on this one ! :rotflmao:

Edited by balthazar

What- you're still here, Winnie ?? :rotflmao:

I thought you had Big Important Grown Up Things To Do ?? :rotflmao:

>>"You should work harder and faster on it, you're losing the race ... "<<

I have no hopes of approaching the masterful status of the pacesetter on this one ! :rotflmao:

I do, but I have jet lag, until then practice making a proper quote ... >>><<< :rotflmao:

This is the new, efficient way of making a quote. Takes up less bandwidth; it's more cyber-ecologically friendly.

It's OK, though, new ideas sometimes take longer for older folks to adopt ... :rotflmao:

Edited by balthazar

Wait, this may be halfway back through the convo, but is PCS making fun of balthy for saying "typing" when referring to using a keyboard on a computer? Cuz I'm still in my 20's, and I've spent plenty of time around people younger than me, and I don't know anyone who calls it "keying". "Keying" is something you do to someone's car that you don't like, "typing" is what you do on a keyboard or cell phone when texting.

Wow, some of the participants in this thread are f@#king retarded.

Wow, some of the participants in this thread are f@#king retarded.

That's why you read the whole thread in the first place.

I thought you "dial" on a phone?

I went to school in Texas, Ohio and Europe, she will also go on to school in Europe. She got a full scholarship to attend there and for what she wants to do professionally it works for her. I just thank God, she didn't pick a school in California ... :P

Yeah, the weather, recreational opportunities, insane amount of diversity, culture, and networking opportunities are all such massive drawbacks. I kick myself for it every morning. :rolleyes:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0