Steak or grilled meat

Steak or grilled meat - how do you like it/order it?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Steak or grilled meat - how do you like it/order it?

• Well done
    • Medium well
    • Medium
    • Medium rare
    • Rare
    • Other - explain

I was just thinking about this after seeing an ad for a local steakhouse. Opening up a steak, or a piece of meat, and "seeing red" makes my stomach turn.

I always order it well done. All of it has to be some shade of tan/brown. Not only that, a knife has to go through it fairly easy and I don't want to wrestle with it.

How do you order your steak or grilled meat?

For hamburgers, medium-well to well done.

For steak and everything else, well done

I don't know how people can eat it rare, different tastes, but still. :yuck:

Also, I'm very, very picky about the meat. It must be tender, easy to cut and easy to chew. I will literally gag is I end up with a tough and chewy bit in my mouth.

I learned that the hard way with a large pork chop a couple of weeks ago. I asked for it medium well (the way I usually like my red meat) and it came out tasting like an old shoe sole. If not for the marmalade that came on the side I'd still be trying to finish it.

Usually I like my red meat mostly grey with some pink.

I learned that the hard way with a large pork chop a couple of weeks ago. I asked for it medium well (the way I usually like my red meat) and it came out tasting like an old shoe sole. If not for the marmalade that came on the side I'd still be trying to finish it.

Usually I like my red meat mostly grey with some pink.

I'm actually kind of surprised they served pork to you like that. That's not safe at all.

Medium rare for most beef. If a place has any faith in the quality of the meat they sell they wont have a problem giving you medium rare stuff.

Ground beef should be cooked well-done, i.e. no pink otherwise you are courting food-borne illness. Not worth it over a burger.

For non-ground meat, I go rare. It's warm, all the surface bacteria have been killed, and with a little au jus, it's the perfect taste.