Chrysler 300C Heritage Edition

BrewSwillis

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

New 2006 Chrysler 300C "Heritage Edition"

+ New "Heritage Edition" model pays homage to the 1957 Chrysler 300C which was described as the "Beautiful Brute"
+ 2006 Chrysler 300C Heritage Edition offers luxurious performance, exclusive features and unique heritage badging
+ New model is the first Chrysler brand vehicle with SmartBeam TM headlamp technology

Paying homage to the great Chrysler 300s of the late 1950s, the Chrysler Group announced today the new 2006 Chrysler 300C "Heritage Edition," debuting Jan. 4 at the 2006 Los Angeles Auto Show.

Available in dealerships this spring, the limited-production Heritage Edition is a performance specialty vehicle offering the power of the award-winning 5.7-liter HEMI® engine with the fuel-saving Multiple Displacement System (MDS), high-performance styling cues of the popular SRT line-up and exclusive features, including the first-time use of SmartBeam TM headlamp technology in a Chrysler vehicle.

And, to contemporize its illustrious past, the Heritage Edition has a chromed bodyside molding with a distinctive tri-color 300C badge that is modeled after the badge on the 1957 Chrysler 300C, a vehicle described in its day as the "Beautiful Brute."

"The Chrysler 300C Heritage Edition honors the long line of beautiful Chrysler 300 vehicles by combining power and fuel-economy in a sporty, stylish package," said Jeff Bell, Vice President - Chrysler.

The Heritage Edition includes P225/60R18 all-season touring tires and unique 18-inch chrome clad wheels with performance suspension, performance-shifting five-speed AutoStick®, responsive performance steering gear and a performance exhaust sound. The interior features SRT-inspired front seats with tri-color heritage badge on the seat backs, an exclusive interior two-tone color combination and an upgraded 368-watt Boston Acoustic seven-speaker sound system with subwoofer. It also features a new Smoke Translucent finish on the upper steering wheel and door pull handles. The Chrysler 300C Heritage Edition is offered in three exterior colors: Brilliant Black, Cool Vanilla and, at extra cost, Inferno Red Crystal Pearl, the first, true red exclusively available on this Chrysler 300 model.

The SmartBeam intelligent headlamp system is a premium, sophisticated aid for nighttime driving. It automatically and quickly adjusts high-beam brightness and intensity, depending on the surrounding nighttime light sources. The 2006 Chrysler 300C Heritage Edition is the first, and only, Chrysler vehicle offering this technology in 2006. The High Intensity Discharger (HID) Xenon headlamps include high-pressure headlamp washers.

In addition to the standard features found on the 2006 Chrysler 300C, the new Heritage Edition also includes the following:
+ Sound Group II — including 368-watt amplifier, seven Boston Acoustics speakers with sub-woofer and AM/FM/Cassette/CD 6-disc MP3 radio
+ Power adjustable pedals with memory
+ SRT-inspired decklid spoiler
+ All-chromed grille
+ Chromed power, folding, heated mirrors

Priced at approximately $36,000, the Heritage Edition offers a well-equipped Chrysler 300C with performance oriented enthusiast equipment and new technology, at an affordable price.

Production of the 2006 Chrysler 300C Heritage Edition will begin this spring at the Brampton (Ontario) Assembly Plant.

High Res pics: http://www.netcarshow.com/chrysler/2006-30...ritage_edition/

They couldn't do anything to maybe boost the interior looks other than the little tricolor logo on the seats? For a $36,000.00 car, muchless a special edition, I would expect a little nicer interior.

They couldn't do anything to maybe boost the interior looks other than the little tricolor logo on the seats?  For a $36,000.00 car, muchless a special edition, I would expect a little nicer interior.

[post="62608"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The interior features SRT-inspired front seats with tri-color heritage badge on the seat backs, an exclusive interior two-tone color combination and an upgraded 368-watt Boston Acoustic seven-speaker sound system with subwoofer. It also features a new Smoke Translucent finish on the upper steering wheel and door pull handles.

LOVE IT!!!!!! I'm a sucker for old schoolemblems. Even if it is just plated plastic.

[post="62619"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Okay, the Boston Acoustics is already available on other 300 Models, so I don't really consider it an upgrade.

As for the other stuff, trivial.

Okay, the Boston Acoustics is already available on other 300 Models, so I don't really consider it an upgrade.

As for the other stuff, trivial.

[post="62734"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It's not that the other stuff isn't available elsewhere it is the combination of them with a single price that saves some $ if you're going with a Hemi and sunroof anyway.

My biggest thing would be those seats. They are much nicer than the standard ones.

DCX is doing this a lot now with very common upgrades people want. I like the idea they package it like this. it is very oldschool.

BTW the Boston Acoustic system is kick ass. one of the best around.

It's not that the other stuff isn't available elsewhere it is the combination of them with a single price that saves some $ if you're going with a Hemi and sunroof anyway.

My biggest thing would be those seats. They are much nicer than the standard ones.

DCX is doing this a lot now with very common upgrades people want. I like the idea they package it like this. it is very oldschool.

BTW the Boston Acoustic system is kick ass. one of the best around.

[post="62739"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I just wish that more manufacturers would make a lot more features optional, but separate. Like features a la carte. For example, I wouldn't want a sunroof, but I might want something else. Just the ability to pick and choose exactly what you want would be great.

You know I am fuming at this: If DCX wanted to acknowledge the heritage of the 300, the current model would be called the 300-N like it should've been all along. To slap & spit in the the face of the past then mine it for shiny bits is repugnant.

[post="62719"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

What he said.

Yeahbut, Chrysler did this before, didn't they?  Jumble the alphabet, I mean.  Sometime in the 60's.  I'll have to research my claim and get back.

[post="62768"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Not jumbled, per se, merely skipped.
The Chrysler 300 and Imperial Page

1955 C-300
1956 300B
1957 300C
1958 300D
1959 300E
1960 300F
1961 300G
1962 300H
1963 300J
1964 300K
1965 300L
1999 300M
2004 300C

They skipped the 'I' designation for whatever reason, but preserved the order. Unless this establishes precedent for skipping twelve or so letters...

Yes, I just went to a 300 history site, and it's true, they only skipped the "I", for some reason, then later stopped lettering them altogether.

If they had to repeat a letter though, the '57 is a good one to choose. What a beauty!

Same as ther probably would not have used 300 O since it would look like 3-thousand. Like I said I'm a sucker for chrome trim and emblems. I see your point Balthazar.

its the same old dilemma. what do you do to top a winner. the car is truly a tuff act to follow and you have to do something to attract more buyers. so, you unveil the SRT, the special edition, etc. i think the color is tops! the interior is pretty nice as well. this will probably never be an AWD vehicle, though.

Not to be racist, but... Maybe they realized that they were pointing the new 300 at a much more "urban" crowd, with the big rims and style, and using the letter "N" was not the greatest of ideas in that vein.

[post="62853"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Not to make you look bad, but Chrysler didn't necessarily designate the urban crowd to be their target customer for the 300C.

I take neither stance in the 300 Heritage naming. It sucks that they ruined the streak by going out of order, but at the same time, 300-N and 300-O wouldn't have worked, either.

They prolly skipped "I" because it would look like "3001" and not as much "300I" in many people's minds.

That was the reason.

Maybe they realized that they were pointing the new 300 at a much more "urban" crowd, with the big rims and style, and using the letter "N" was not the greatest of ideas in that vein.

Are we going to have to strike the letter N from the alphabet next?

If they had to repeat a letter though, the '57 is a good one to choose.  What a beauty!

[post="62772"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Good line from Quiz Show. "If America owned a car, it would be the 300."

Too bad today's 300 isn't half the beauty or class the 300s of yore were...

Good line from Quiz Show. "If America owned a car, it would be the 300."

Too bad today's 300 isn't half the beauty or class the 300s of yore were...

[post="63159"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Compared to WHAT? The old ones were great cars in their time, but right now today, the 300 (and its sister cars) represent one of the most beautifully styled (or, at least, damned distinctive), highest performing, highest quality, AND affordable lineups of cars ever.

As such, I don't think I'd be the only one to say that the comment "If America owned a car, it would be the 300." would still be true, right this minute. Sorry, but no bland-city Lucerne (despite the good points it does have) or Ford 500 really stand out as being all american...the big, bold, and proud 300 certainly does.

You know I am fuming at this: If DCX wanted to acknowledge the heritage of the 300, the current model would be called the 300-N like it should've been all along. To slap & spit in the the face of the past then mine it for shiny bits is repugnant.

[post="62719"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Though I'll admit that naming the Hemi-equipped models "C" and the others just 300 with either "base", "Touring", or "Limited" trim levels is a bit confusing to some, the real reason the Chrysler people gave when they launched the car was this:

-Because it was such a MASSIVE change from the FWD 300M, they didn't want anyone thinking it was just the "next version" in the line from that car.

It'll certainly be interesting when a redesign comes to see what they do with the names, but right now, I think it works.

Compared to WHAT?  The old ones were great cars in their time, but right now today, the 300 (and its sister cars) represent one of the most beautifully styled (or, at least, damned distinctive), highest performing, highest quality, AND affordable lineups of cars ever.

I would dispute the 'value' of a base 300 against its own sister Charger Clicky. Quality? Please show me something attesting to that because I can't recall anything remarking its quality yet - not disputing it, just haven't heard about it yet.

As such, I don't think I'd be the only one to say that the comment "If America owned a car, it would be the 300." would still be true, right this minute.  Sorry, but no bland-city Lucerne (despite the good points it does have) or Ford 500 really stand out as being all american...the big, bold, and proud 300 certainly does.

[post="63162"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Maybe we're looking with two different pairs of eyes, but when I see the 300, I don't see a real outstanding design. Too blocky and focused too much on the grille alone. The rear and the front don't seem to come from the same automobile. The interior? Well, it leaves alot to be desired in design, quality, and materials, even when compared to the 300M. Not to mention alot of the little details, like hood props on some trims, something IMO unacceptable in its price class.

...the real reason the Chrysler people gave when they launched the car was this:
-Because it was such a MASSIVE change from the FWD 300M, they didn't want anyone thinking it was just the "next version" in the line from that car.

Please... and bullsh!t. The 300-M was just as MASSIVE a change from the 300-L AND it was separated by like 34 years... but it still followed the lettercar order.
No- the PR is BS: DCX wanted to use "C" because they wanted to. For their PR to make even a lick of sense, they would've started at "A".

No- the PR is BS: DCX wanted to use "C" because they wanted to.

[post="63176"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Congratulations, Balthazar, you've solved the great riddle of the Chrysler 300. Now that we've solved that one, how about we take a few deep breaths and count backwards from ten?

I'm personally sick of seeing crude, ham-fisted designs being described as "classic American cars." Look at those old cars from the 50s and 60s. Sure they were attention-getters, but they had better detail work than any other car in the world. Besides, judging by all the Bentley grille replacements I've seen, people aren't buying them because they look "American."

I'm personally sick of seeing crude, ham-fisted designs being described as "classic American cars."  Look at those old cars from the 50s and 60s.  Sure they were attention-getters, but they had better detail work than any other car in the world. Besides, judging by all the Bentley grille replacements I've seen, people aren't buying them because they look "American."

[post="63178"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Agreed... the LX cars are vulgar and ostentatious, not a good thing, IMO, unless you consider that an American characteristic. There are so many aspects of modern American culture and design that Hot Wheels-retro (Challenger) doesn't need to exist. The design of Apple products is an excellent example of what "American" can look like.

Well I think the 300 looks awsome, I agree that the name would have made more sense if they had gone with "A" but in either case this whole N thing is bullshit. (no offense) I mean "F" that... I once knew this real B1tch who was the typical "C" word if you know what I'm saying. I love my "T-&A" though know what I mean "G"? Maybe we can just use the Hawaian alphabet. I think they only have 12 letters IIRC.

I agree. I think the 300 is beautiful and has an awesome exterior design. The only thing that leaves something to be desired is the interior. Still, it is, hands down, the best mainstream large car (read: no S-Class) sold in the U.S. and the LX's are definately the best cars made by any semi-American manufacturer. DCX hit the nail on the head.