Made in USA

Well I finally decided to get myself a new pair of shoes. The cheap ones from, I think Target that were bought for me as a gift barely lasted a year. I've never owned a pair of shoes where the bottom of the shoe wore down to the point where a hold developed on one shoe. I could feel the damn ground under me. Sucked real hard when it rained. Plus they have holes by the toes and the soul is starting to separate on the right shoe.

One of the few nice things about Lawrence is that New Balance has a factory, and a factory outlet here. New Balance is IIRC the only major shoe company that manufactures any of its products in the states. Some of their low end stuff is made in China, but I managed to get a really comfortable pair of running shoes for $50 that are Made in USA. I was also pleasantly surprised to find that their premium socks are made here as well, so I picked up a pair of those.

IMO their shoes are the best quality (for mainstream brands) and, being a factory outlet much more selection of styles and sizes.

Yay for new shoes, and yay for the fact that in some small way I actually helped the economy.

wish mine costed only that much.... :( 2x that, and i couldn't find some cross-trainers either.

my last pair lasted...2-3 years fairly well... only worn inside the shoe, otherwise were still pretty good.

on my 3rd pair of NBs

Yeah my NB shoes usually last 2 years or so, and the only part that really wears out is the inside lining where the heel rests against.

These apparently are last year's model, which is why they're half price, but the sales rep told me they're exactly the same function wise. So hurray for a good deal!

As for work shoes, I always wore Timberland 9" black soft toe boots. They used to last me 5-6 years. When the last pair lasted 2 years before the sole split open, allowing my feet to get wet, I decided to just buy a cheap pair. So I went to Target. One year later, with the chintzy leather already cracked open and the woven nylon sides ripped away, I decided to buy a pair of Wolverines, black 9" soft toe. So far, so good *fingers crossed*.

In 9th grade I got a pair of NB for track practice which I only did one season of. Mostly I've worn Vans or various other skate shoes because they are ultra-comfy. But when I started college I had a lot of walking between classes so I started wearing my NBs again. They have held up well.

2 years ago (or was it three) i purchased a black and a brown pair of lands end comfort mocassins....or whatever they call them. my primary shoes. WHEN i was working of course i wore dress shoes daily which is why my feet felt stressed probably. the lands end shoes are holding up exceptionally well although my guess is the wet winter will do them in this year. the soles are still wearing quite well and are not cracked.

this summer i found 2 pair of clarks shoes on clearance at JCP. one black with laces, the other brown slip ons, reg 80 bucks for 33 a pair. i wear those to the bar and those semi occasions i go to church it up. unfortunately they are rather tight shoes, but they are nice well made shoes.

i've wanted some doc martens for awhile now.

Edited by regfootball

regfootball...Sounds like my feet.

I actually don't even own a pair of sneakers, and haven't for a while, but mainly stick to a few pairs of Steve Madden slip on leather fancy loafers for everything, and if mucking around outside, on a trip, etc. a slip on pair of plaid Vans. Or, as has been the case since around April, nothing but dressy sandals or a pair of cheapies/Reefs for the everything else. Never, ever sneakers--just don't work for me--and as I realized, nothing with laces anymore either :AH-HA_wink:

Good choice, regardless, on the US made shoes and the deal!

In 9th grade I got a pair of NB for track practice which I only did one season of. Mostly I've worn Vans or various other skate shoes because they are ultra-comfy. But when I started college I had a lot of walking between classes so I started wearing my NBs again. They have held up well.

Vans over here as well. That is all I have worn consistently for the past...well over a decade at least.

I have been looking for some new shoes though. Something to wear to work on casual Fridays and something to wear for a night on the town. I love my Vans, but white skate shoes don't always cut it. I need something more dress/casual.

I was looking at Steve Maddens, but the ones I want (Krave) were out of stock in my size and are apparently discontinued.

I really don't know what to go with. I'm looking for a brown leather shoe...more casual than dressy. I was considering Puma Speedcats which are pretty casual, but somewhat clean and classy, but I don't like the current brown they have. I'd probably get them in black. I was looking at Piloti Sebrings (I think) but again, as driving shoes, they aren't exactly what I am looking for (though they are close, and I sure wouldn't mind a pair of Pilotis.)

I'm really not sure what to go with.

I usually go for Adidas when buying shoes. I switched it up to K-Swiss a couple years ago, but they seemed to wear out faster than my Adidas usually have, so I bought a new pair of white Adidas recently.

Doc Martens were huge when in was in high school in the late 90s. Nearly everybody had them. I had a brown pair and had the polish and all that. I think they are still at home, but I haven't worn them in years and I doubt they fit anymore.

I also remember when LA Gear shoes with the red flashing light were big in elementary school. I always envied my friends that had them. Looking back on it, the whole thing seems kind of silly now. I think the light had mercury in it and that's why they stopped making them.

NB ftw. i used to truck around in vans all the time. wore them from 7th all the way into sophmore college, then i started wearing wolverine casual boots. being on my feet at the hospital for hours at a time the NB are the way to go. i have a $75 pair of nike's i am suffering through cause i wanted to try something different but the $40 NB 608's i normally where have em beat hands down. though i wish i could sport some chuck's, unfortunately we have to have leather shoes, no canvas material...