Sign in to follow this  
HarleyEarl

New Toyota Previa

For some reason, it looks like it has old minivan syndrome. I can't put my finger on it, maybe it's the shape or black painted pillars.

The minivan concept is a blight on the automotive landscape. I hate them. If I needed a van, I'd get a van...not some blobby, formless pod, trying to be something it isn't.

Looks a lot like the old Previa that was sold here in the states in the early 90s. When I was younger, I always that it was a cool looking van. Now that I look back, it looks like a suppository on wheels.

This one looks a lot better. Boring.. but better.

Looks a lot like the old Previa that was sold here in the states in the early 90s.  When I was younger, I always that it was a cool looking van.  Now that I look back, it looks like a suppository on wheels.

This one looks a lot better.  Boring.. but better.

It may look the same, but they moved the engine from under the floor to the nose two generations ago.

It may look the same, but they moved the engine from under the floor to the nose two generations ago.

I never thought it was the same vehicle. I just think it definately belongs to the same family though.

Posted Image

I'm sure the knobs on the Toyota are more fun to twiddle though.

That era of GM minivans was absolute garbage, so aside from styling (which other than the nose isn't particularly similar), I wouldn't bash the Previa.

Um, definitely prefer that funky Citroen MPV-Thing, the SportLounge or whatever.

Posted Image

I think the Pinto is better associated with safety than Previa.

Remember when those $h!-lumps were failing every crash test under the sun that involved a speed higher than 5.5 MPH?

I was involved in a five-car accident on the New Jersey Turnpike while riding in a friend's old Toyota Previa. We all walked away with minimal injuries after mulitple impacts with other cars and eventually, the guardrail...so I guess the Previa holds a special place in my heart. :P

Wow... that's amazing. Very Lucky I suppose. I have the image of the crushed test-dummy in the front seat burned into my mind.

Then again I want a COE pickup so I shouldn't talk. At least the driving position is a bit higher and they used sheetmetal steel thicker than a beer can ot make those.

Guest gmrebirth

looks like a huge Mazda5 or a mitsubishi grandis clone.

again, toyota can't be original.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Again, intelligence and objectivity seem to be beyond you.

Posted Image

This new Previa is *gasp*, an evolution of the original Previa design that's almost 15 years old. Toyota copying themselves, who would have thought? :rolleyes:

Again, intelligence and objectivity seem to be beyond you.

Lay off the personal attacks and stick to the argument. Your accuracy is overshadowed by your attitude.

Guest gmrebirth

Lay off the personal attacks and stick to the argument. Your accuracy is overshadowed by your attitude.

How are my personal attacks any worse than the various unwarranted and unsupported attacks against Toyota?

But fine, I can lay off the personal attacks, although it's unlikely to make a difference in reducing the number of idiotic anti-import remarks that run rampant.

And no, don't give me the spiel that this is a GM site. I don't care if this is a GM, Toyota, or Yugo enthusiast site ... this is no excuse for intelligence to be absent in many of the posts here.

Edited by gmrebirth

How are my personal attacks any worse than the various unwarranted and unsupported attacks against Toyota?

Because as far as I know, Toyota is not a person. Toyota cannot take offense to any statement. If I say a Toyota is ugly, its feelings won't be hurt. Please tell me that question was rhetorical and intended to be humorous.

But fine, I can lay off the personal attacks, although it's unlikely to make a difference in reducing the number of idiotic anti-import remarks that run rampant.

And no, don't give me the spiel that this is a GM site. I don't care if this is a GM, Toyota, or Yugo enthusiast site ... this is no excuse for intelligence to be absent in many of the posts here.

Yes, I will give you the spiel because it is a GM site and since the site came back online, you've made 172 posts, none positive about General Motors or really offering much of any positive suggestions and a whole lot containing this insulting tone.

And, no, I don't care if you are a "huge supporter of the truth and of reality, no matter how negative or harsh it may seem," its no excuse for making personal affonts against people who are expressing their opinions as you are yours.

If someone is incorrect and you correct them by insulting them, guess who looks dumber?

Because as far as I know, Toyota is not a person. Toyota cannot take offense to any statement. If I say a Toyota is ugly, its feelings won't be hurt. Please tell me that question was rhetorical and intended to be humorous.

Yes, I will give you the spiel because it is a GM site and since the site came back online, you've made 172 posts, none positive about General Motors or really offering much of any positive suggestions and a whole lot containing this insulting tone.

And, no, I don't care if you are a "huge supporter of the truth and of reality, no matter how negative or harsh it may seem," its no excuse for making personal affonts against people who are expressing their opinions as you are yours.

If someone is incorrect and you correct them by insulting them, guess who looks dumber?

:withstupid:

Guest gmrebirth

I'm not talking about context, I'm talking about principle. So based on what you say do you deem it acceptable to bash Toyota or any other company without warrant or support? In terms of principle, that's no different than bashing a person. So who's being smarter here? Your indirect defense of regfootball's mindless bashing, as well as those of other members does not hold ground.

None positive about GM? Don't fool yourself. If you want to keep thinking that, go ahead.

Yes, most of my posts have a critical tone to them, because I am very critical of GM and of the competition. Critical can mean positive or negative.

I have made many critical comments about GM, and they were mostly intended to be positive to show how the company can and should improve.

Like I said, if mindless bashing of certain automakers is deemed acceptable, it is not any different than me making insults at those members. I don't correct them BY insulting them, I correct them ALONG with insulting them for their mindless bashing. But I will be the wiser, and lay off the insults.

Edited by gmrebirth

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook