Drew Dowdell

This Just In: 2010 Buick Lacrosse CXS

47 posts in this topic

Interactive Review:

2010 Buick Lacrosse CXS

gallery_51_11_11745.jpg

Stock Image

This just in! A 2010 Buick Lacrosse CXS 3.6 SIDI. The interactive review on the GMC Terrain SLE-2 went so well I think this will become our standard review format. My initial impressions are quite favorable. In a quick spin around the highway, I can safely say that the 3.6 has a lot of kick. The car looks stunning in person. So while I'm finishing up writing the GMC Terrain review, gear up your questions for me on this 2010 Buick Lacrosse CXS.

gallery_51_11_74292.jpg

Hows the visibility? On the highway, I wouldn't imagine any issues, but high belt lines, thick pillars, and tall rear decks tend to be a problem in built-up areas.

Any circumstances where you wish for more than FWD? Torque steer? Understeer?

Thanks!

6 speeds and only 17/27 mpg? (20/32 imperial MPG, for us Canadian folks)

That's not actually very good mileage. Granted, it's a stunning looking car, these numbers aren't very reassuring in a world that has suck varying gas pricing from day to day. :confused0071:

How is the feel on different roads..smooth riding? Any harshness or NVH issues? Quiet?

6 speeds and only 17/27 mpg? (20/32 imperial MPG, for us Canadian folks)

That's not actually very good mileage. Granted, it's a stunning looking car, these numbers aren't very reassuring in a world that has suck varying gas pricing from day to day. :confused0071:

It's only 1mpg highway less than the Camry/Avalon while being a more powerful engine. It's on par with the Lexus ES350. The city suffers because of the 400lbs. -500lbs. weight gain over the Toyota models.

It's only 1mpg highway less than the Camry/Avalon while being a more powerful engine. It's on par with the Lexus ES350. The city suffers because of the 400lbs. -500lbs. weight gain over the Toyota models.

:AH-HA: Ahh so it's not so bad then! I see the malibu as having a lot better mileage, and that was what I was basing my post on. But that's a 2.4 Malibu. ;)

How is the feel on different roads..smooth riding? Any harshness or NVH issues? Quiet?

This is a Buick. What is NHV?

Rear visibility is pretty limited--that much I was able to discern from LAIAS.

I'd appreciate your opinion, Oldsmoboi, in areas of rear visibility, trunk (design, size, usability, etc), driving dynamics, steering weight, cupholder design, and overall levels of fit and finish.

This is a Buick. What is NHV?

NVH--Noise, Vibration, Harshness. i.e. is it quiet and smooth as would be expected of a Buick...any excess road noise, wind noise, engine noise/vibration, etc?

NVH--Noise, Vibration, Harshness. i.e. is it quiet and smooth as would be expected of a Buick...any excess road noise, wind noise, engine noise/vibration, etc?

He forgot [sarcasm] [\sarcasm]

I forgot my :AH-HA:.

I know what NHV is.... I was joking that since this was a Buick, it naturally wouldn't have any.

Found a minor gripe fairly quickly. There is no interior trunk release? Is this becoming common on new cars?

I'd also like to see how usable the trunk is. Cargo volume is one thing, but the Lacrosse looks to have a very small opening with a high lift-over height.

Found a minor gripe fairly quickly. There is no interior trunk release? Is this becoming common on new cars?

Pretty annoying, huh? That said, it certainly removes a security issue. Never understood why GM cars always came with a valet key, but never a valet fob, which would be so much more useful than key alone.

Now, neither.

Took me a bit to get used to: the Malibu has the trunk release button on the driver's door. If it had none, tho, the fob is always right there (in pocket or ignition); I certainly would adapt. Is unusual, tho (RE LaCrosse).

Edited by balthazar

Interesting. Trunk release is on the fob?

How does the interior feel from the driver's seat? From the photos I've seen it looks like the dash/door panels intrude . How do the controls feel? Is the switch gear capable of living up to the standards of a Lexus/Acura/Audi owner?

On my '06 you hold the "Unlock" on the door locks for a couple seconds. Hate to sound like an @$$, but have you tried that?

Hows the visibility? On the highway, I wouldn't imagine any issues, but high belt lines, thick pillars, and tall rear decks tend to be a problem in built-up areas.

Any circumstances where you wish for more than FWD? Torque steer? Understeer?

Thanks!

yes, i was also wondering about torque steer with the large engine

what's this thing making for power anyways?

Edited by CanadianBacon94

My wife and I were able to take one for a lengthy drive and I found the 2010 LaCrosse to be the most comfortable car I have ever driven. It seemed the perfect car for I-5 or other long interstates. Our friends 2009 acura tl is MUCh noisier, seems to jolt you around more and has more confusing controls.

How do you think it compares to cars twice the price when it comes to highway cruising?

Heard a lot about these cars and just drove one yesterday.

Gotta say, the car was pretty nice. I didn't notice the lack of trunk release. Not sure it would matter in the end though. My Corolla has a remote release but lacks the release on the key fob. To be honest, I miss having a release on the key fob far more than anything else.

On my '06 you hold the "Unlock" on the door locks for a couple seconds. Hate to sound like an @$, but have you tried that?

Doesn't work. I did try it.

However, I did find that you can leave the fob in your pocket, just walk up to the trunk, and lift it open. It's got that proximity detection thing in it.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor